Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Biden Campaign Gets an
Endorsement It Doesn't Want
Mar 3, 2020 6:42 PM CST
Biden Campaign Gets an Endorsement It Doesn't Want
James Comey says he voted for the former VP
- Ousted FBI Director James Comey, who left the Republican party in 2018 over President Trump, voted for Joe Biden on Super Tuesday—but the former VP's campaign apparently wasn't too jazzed by Comey's endorsement:
"Voted in first Dem primary to support party dedicated to restoring
Comey Admits He Was
Wrong, But Not Totally
Dec 15, 2019 1:16 PM CST
Comey Admits He Was Wrong, But Not Totally
The former FBI director appears on 'Fox News Sunday'
- Former FBI Director James Comey acknowledged Sunday that a Justice Department inspector general report identified "real sloppiness" in the surveillance of a former Trump campaign aide and said he was wrong to have been "overconfident" about how the Russia investigation was handled, the AP reports. But Comey also...
Comey Violated FBI Protocol,
Says Government Watchdog
Aug 29, 2019 10:13 AM CDT
Comey Violated FBI Protocol, Says Government Watchdog
But he sees vindication in report about his handling of Trump memos
- A scolding for James Comey: The Justice Department's inspector general says the former FBI director violated FBI policies in his handling of memos documenting private conversations with President Trump. The watchdog office says Comey broke FBI rules by giving a memo containing unclassified information to a friend with instructions...
DOJ Watchdog Wraps Up
'Damning' Comey Report
Aug 1, 2019 4:05 PM CDT
DOJ Watchdog Wraps Up 'Damning' Comey Report
But Justice Department prosecutors have declined to prosecute
- Looks like a Justice Dept report about James Comey won't be too flattering but won't lead to criminal prosecution, either. The DOJ's top watchdog is finishing a report that will probably conclude the former FBI director leaked classified data and kept information from his agents, insiders tell...
First, Comey Took
Now, a New
May 18, 2019 6:00 AM CDT
First, Comey Took on Rosenstein. Now, a New Target
Comey accuses AG Bill Barr of 'sliming' the DOJ
- James Comey has been embroiled in a very public feud with ex-Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. Now the former FBI director is adding the current AG into the mix. Business Insider reports that Barr appeared on
Fox & Friends
Friday morning and repeated his assertion that there may have been...
May 14, 2019 6:57 AM CDT
Rosenstein Slams Comey, Comey Responds With 5 Words
'I wish him the best,' ex-FBI director says after former deputy AG calls him 'partisan pundit'
- President Trump has had a lot to say about his ex-FBI director and ex-deputy attorney general , but one thing he can't say is that the two former DOJ higher-ups are friends. The latest round between James Comey and Rod Rosenstein took place Monday in Baltimore, where the latter was...
Lindsey Graham Answers
James Comey With a Warning
Mar 25, 2019 8:59 AM CDT
Lindsey Graham Answers James Comey With a Warning
'See you soon,' senator tweets, suggesting he wants to question former FBI chief
- When the summary of the Mueller report came out Sunday, former FBI chief James Comey had a three-word response. "So many questions," he tweeted . Then GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham had a response to Comey that was nearly as short. "Could not agree more," he wrote . "...
McCabe: Yes, We Talked About
Removing Trump From Office
Feb 14, 2019 10:40 AM CST
McCabe: Yes, We Talked About Removing Trump From Office
Former acting FBI chief says Justice Department considered using 25th Amendment
- Andrew McCabe is having his say. McCabe has been out of the headlines for a while, but he became acting director of the FBI after President Trump fired James Comey—only to be fired himself under heavy criticism from the president. While acting FBI chief, McCabe ramped up the investigations...
Over Flynn Interview
Dec 19, 2018 6:50 AM CST
Comey Sparred With Republicans Over Flynn Interview
They suggested he was biased against Trump officials
- House Republicans grilled James Comey over the FBI's January 2017 interview of Michael Flynn in a closed-door session Monday, according to transcripts released Tuesday. Comey defended the interview to GOP lawmakers from the House Oversight and Judiciary committees who suggested that the FBI treated Trump administration officials differently than...
Year's Most Notable Quote
Comes From Rudy Giuliani
in case you missed it
Dec 15, 2018 12:00 PM CST
Year's Most Notable Quote Comes From Rudy Giuliani
Yale ranks his 'the truth isn't the truth' line as No. 1 for 2018
- Yale Law School is out with its annual list of the year's 10 most notable quotes, and it is not President Trump but one of his attorneys, Rudy Giuliani, that has the No. 1 spot. "The truth isn't the truth." Giuliani uttered it to NBC's...
Here's What Comey Told Us
Dec 8, 2018 4:14 PM CST
House Committee: Here's What Comey Told Us
A transcript of his closed-door interview is released
- The FBI's counterintelligence investigation into potential ties between the Trump campaign and Russia initially focused on four Americans and whether they were connected to Russian efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, former FBI Director James Comey told lawmakers during hours of closed-door questioning, per the AP . Comey...
Got a Subpoena'
Nov 22, 2018 1:00 PM CST
Comey: 'Happy Thanksgiving. Got a Subpoena'
Loretta Lynch is in the same boat
- Reports that House Republicans probing alleged bias against President Trump at the FBI and Justice Department were preparing to subpoena former FBI Director James Comey and former Attorney General Loretta Lynch proved to be true. "Happy Thanksgiving. Got a subpoena from House Republicans," Comey tweeted Thursday, noting he'...
: Trump Wanted DoJ
to Prosecute Comey, Clinton
Nov 21, 2018 2:12 AM CST
: Trump Wanted DoJ to Prosecute Comey, Clinton
Sources say McGahn persuaded him not to
- President Trump wanted to order the Justice Department to prosecute Hillary Clinton and James Comey but was persuaded not to, according to a bombshell report in the
New York Times,
which cites "two people familiar with the conversation." The sources say then-White House counsel Donald McGahn told Trump...
156 Have Been Released
Nov 10, 2018 10:45 AM CST
Comey's Gmails? 156 Have Been Released
He discussed sensitive FBI matters, says the Post
- Was it hypocrisy? While probing Hillary Clinton's emails, former FBI chief James Comey conducted business on his private Gmail account—including seven messages the Justice Dept. deemed too sensitive for public release, the
New York Post
reports. A Freedom of Information request obtained 156 of his emails, but 363...
Comey: Week Deadline Is
'Idiotic,' but FBI Can Do It
Oct 1, 2018 1:40 AM CDT
Comey: Week Deadline Is 'Idiotic,' but FBI Can Do It
'It's not as hard as Republicans hope it will be'
- If lawmakers really want to know the truth behind the Brett Kavanaugh allegations, giving the FBI only a week to conduct an investigation is "idiotic," James Comey writes in a
New York Times
op-ed—but he has faith in the agency's abilities. "If truth were the...
Trump Wants to Yank Clearance
for Comey, Other Intel Critics
Jul 23, 2018 6:00 PM CDT
Trump Wants to Yank Clearance for Comey, Other Intel Critics
It would be an unprecedented move
- President Donald Trump is considering revoking the security clearances of six former Obama-era officials who have been critical of his administration, the AP reports. Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Monday the president is "exploring the mechanisms" to strip clearance from former CIA Director John Brennan as well as five...
The AP Uncovers
Jul 7, 2018 12:00 PM CDT
The AP Uncovers Secret Trump Memo on Comey
The note was sent to special counsel Robert Mueller
- Lawyers for President Donald Trump unleashed a blistering attack on former FBI Director James Comey in a confidential memo last year to the special counsel, casting him as "Machiavellian," dishonest, and "unbounded by law and regulation" as they sought to undermine the credibility of a law enforcement...
FBI Agent Axed Over Trump
Texts Says He'd Testify
Jun 18, 2018 4:35 PM CDT
FBI Agent Axed Over Trump Texts Says He'd Testify
Donald Trump was not thrilled with Peter Strzok's announcement
- The FBI agent who was nixed from the Mueller probe team over texts that disparaged President Trump says he's willing to testify about his side of the story. Per the AP , a lawyer for Peter Strzok told House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte in a letter Sunday that his...
Trump: Americans Should
'Sit Up in Attention' for Me
Jun 15, 2018 9:28 AM CDT
Trump: Americans Should 'Sit Up in Attention' for Me
He later said he was being sarcastic about remark made during impromptu Fox interview
- President Trump had a busy morning Friday on Twitter , taking credit for bringing the World Cup to the US, boasting about the jobs numbers, and diving into the Justice Department's IG report , railing on FBI agent Peter Strzok and former FBI Director James Comey . It was another tweet, however,...
Clinton Has 3-Word Response
to Inspector General's Report
Jun 15, 2018 6:54 AM CDT
Clinton Has 3-Word Response to Inspector General's Report
'But my emails'
- Hillary Clinton managed to deliver a humorous—and biting—response to a startling revelation in the Justice Department watchdog's report on James Comey's handling of her email controversy in 2016. "But my emails," she tweeted in response to the finding that Comey had used a personal...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Secrets of Playboy 's Hugh Hefner Allegations Are Graphic
'Stealth Omicron' Has Arrived in the US
In This City, a US First on Gun Ownership
After 6 Years in Jail for Staying Mum on Gold, a New Roadblock
Melania Trump's Hat 'Collateral Damage' of Crypto Crash
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.