Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read the latest murder news stories, recent child murder cases, and other reports on Newser.com
Stories 1 - 20 |
US: 'Defendant Conspired From
India' to Have This Man Killed
Nov 29, 2023 11:10 AM CST
US: 'Defendant Conspired From India' to Have This Man Killed
American prosecutors have charged an Indian man who they say tried to hire a hit man
- US prosecutors have charged an Indian man with trying to take out a hit on a US citizen living in New York City. In an indictment unsealed Wednesday, prosecutors allege Nikhil Gupta, 52, paid someone he believed to be a hit man $100,000 to murder Gurpatwant Singh Pannun. The...
3 Teen Girls Get 20 Years in
'Heinous' Carjacking Death
Nov 20, 2023 3:03 PM CST
3 Teen Girls Get 20 Years in 'Heinous' Carjacking Death
New Orleans teens pleaded guilty to reduced charge in death of Linda Frickey, 73
- Three teenage girls involved in the dragging death of a woman whose arm was severed during a carjacking in New Orleans last year pleaded guilty Monday to reduced charges and were sentenced to 20 years in prison. Briniyah Baker, 17; Lenyra Theophile, 16; and Mar'Qel Curtis, 16, pleaded guilty...
Kaitlin Armstrong Convicted
of Murder in Star Cyclist's Death
Nov 16, 2023 4:05 PM CST
Kaitlin Armstrong Convicted of Murder in Star Cyclist's Death
Former yoga instructor could receive 99-year term in slaying of Anna Moriah Wilson
- A Texas jury has returned a guilty verdict in the murder trial of Kaitlin Armstrong, who was charged with the fatal shooting last year of pro cyclist Anna Moriah Wilson. State District Judge Brenda Kennedy said the jury deliberated for about two hours before convicting the former yoga instructor, the...
Iowa Teen Who Beat Teacher
to Death Sobs in Apology
Nov 16, 2023 10:20 AM CST
Iowa Teen Who Beat Teacher to Death Sobs in Apology
Jeremy Goodale, who acted with Willard Miller, gets life with possibility of parole in 25 years
- An Iowa teen convicted in the 2021 beating death of a high school Spanish teacher was sentenced Wednesday to life in prison with a possibility of parole in 25 years, matching a requested sentence by prosecutors, per the AP . A judge sentenced Jeremy Goodale for his role in killing Nohema...
Texas Boy, 13, Gets 12 Years
for Killing Drive-in Worker
Nov 15, 2023 5:05 PM CST
Texas Boy, 13, Gets 12 Years for Killing Drive-in Worker
He was 12 years old when he shot man involved in altercation with his uncle
- A Texas boy who was 12 years old when he fatally shot a Sonic Drive-in employee in May has been sentenced to 12 years of incarceration after being convicted of murder. The boy, now 13, will begin his sentence in juvenile detention and could later be transferred to adult prison,...
of Killing Friend
With Eye Drops
Nov 14, 2023 6:35 PM CST
Woman Guilty of Killing Friend With Eye Drops
Jury finds Jessy Kurczewski guilty of homicide, theft
- A Wisconsin woman has been found guilty of killing a friend in 2018 by poisoning her with eye drops. A jury found Jessy Kurczewski, 37, guilty of one count of homicide and two counts of theft, the
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
reports. She will face a mandatory life sentence on the...
Mom Arrested 35 Years After
Girl Found Dead in Concrete
Nov 14, 2023 7:49 AM CST
Mom Arrested 35 Years After Girl Found Dead in Concrete
Kenyatta Odom, 5, was killed by her mother and the mother's boyfriend in 1988: Georgia indictment
- A man was walking through the woods near Millwood, Georgia, days before Christmas in 1988, when he came upon a TV cabinet encased in concrete, which he correctly viewed as suspicious, per WVIT . He called the Ware County Sheriff's Office, which sent detectives to investigate. "I really was...
Man Looking for Recyclables
Makes Grim Find: Cops
Nov 9, 2023 10:30 AM CST
Man Looking for Recyclables Makes Grim Find: Cops
Authorities fear torso found in Encino dumpster may be lead in case of missing 3; man arrested
- Police officers who responded to a report of a women's torso in a dumpster in Encino, California, fear not just one life was lost, but three. Police have arrested a Tarzana man, whose wife and in-laws are missing, KNBC reports. A man who'd been searching for recyclables reported...
Arrest Made in Killing of
Detroit Synagogue Leader
Nov 8, 2023 2:50 PM CST
Arrest Made in Killing of Detroit Synagogue Leader
Police have not disclosed name of Samantha Woll's alleged killer
- Police in Detroit say an arrest has been made in last month's killing of synagogue leader Samantha Woll. Police say the 40-year-old was stabbed in her home in an attack they do not believe was connected to antisemitism, the
reports. Police have not released the suspect's...
Cops: Woman Behind Fatal
Meal Also Tried to Kill Husband
Nov 3, 2023 12:03 PM CDT
Cops: Woman Behind Fatal Meal Also Tried to Kill Husband
Australian police say Erin Patterson attempted to do so 4 times, including with lethal mushrooms
- When police in Australia charged a woman this week with three counts of murder over poisonous mushrooms she served to guests, they added unspecified attempted murder charges as well. Now the details are out: Police say Erin Patterson tried to kill her estranged husband, Simon, four different times, reports the...
Serial Killer Suspect
Pleads Not Guilty
Oct 30, 2023 4:38 PM CDT
Serial Killer Suspect Pleads Not Guilty
Rebecca Auborn is accused of drugging 5 men in Ohio, 4 of whom died
- An Ohio woman who police say fatally drugged four men pleaded not guilty to 28 charges at an arraignment Monday and will be held in jail awaiting trial after waiving her chance for bond. Rebecca Auborn's pleas were entered through her attorney, Mark Hunt, the
With Less Than 5 Hours to Go,
Texas Court Halts Execution
Oct 27, 2023 8:23 AM CDT
With Less Than 5 Hours to Go, Texas Court Halts Execution
Victim's sister asked state to spare the life of William Speer
- Texas' top criminal appeals court stopped Thursday evening's scheduled execution of an inmate who had been condemned for killing another prisoner more than 26 years ago. The victim's sister and religious leaders had recently asked authorities to spare the life of William Speer, 49. His attorneys had asked...
Body of Man Accused
of Killing Judge Is Found
Oct 26, 2023 1:15 PM CDT
Body of Man Accused of Killing Judge Is Found
Pedro Argote had been the subject of a weeklong manhunt in Maryland
- The body of a man accused of killing a Maryland judge has been found in a wooded area relatively close to the shooting, reports the AP . The discovery of the body of Pedro Argote, 49, on Thursday ends a weeklong manhunt. He is accused of fatally shooting Washington County Circuit...
US Tourist Charged With
Murder at Famed Castle
Oct 26, 2023 8:10 AM CDT
US Tourist Charged With Murder at Famed Castle
Indictment filed against suspect accused of attacking 2 fellow Americans in Germany
- An American man has been charged with murder and other offenses for attacking two women from the US near Neuschwanstein castle in Germany in June and pushing them into a ravine, fatally injuring one of them, prosecutors said Thursday. The indictment against the 31-year-old suspect, whose name hasn't been...
Months Later, Au Pair
Charged in Strange
Virginia Murder Case
Oct 23, 2023 2:30 AM CDT
Months Later, Au Pair Charged in Strange Virginia Murder Case
The woman, who is from Brazil, was only charged with one of the murders
- Around 8am on February 24, a woman called police in Fairfax County, Virginia, to report that a woman, whom she referred to as a friend of hers, was hurt. A man then got on the phone and said he had shot an unknown male who had entered his home. When...
May Have Been
a Divorce Case
Oct 20, 2023 11:28 AM CDT
US Judge May Have Been Killed Over a Divorce Case
Andrew Wilkinson was found fatally shot in driveway of residence in Hagerstown, Maryland, sheriff says
- A district court judge has been fatally shot outside his Maryland home, and authorities are now searching for a suspect in their homicide investigation. The
New York Times
reports that Washington County Circuit Court Judge Andrew Wilkinson, 52, was found in the driveway of his Hagerstown residence around 8pm on...
Cops Offer Big Money to Solve
Murder of Man in Bar's Freezer
Oct 20, 2023 10:51 AM CDT
Cops Offer Big Money to Solve Murder of Man in Bar's Freezer
Roy Bigg was missing for 9 years before his wrapped body turned up in London in 2021
- London's Metropolitan Police are offering a nearly $25,000 reward for information about a man who was missing for almost a decade before his body turned up in the freezer of a shuttered bar. The last confirmed sighting of Roy Bigg was in February 2012, per the BBC . Fast...
Natalee Holloway's Mom: You
'Finally Admitted' You Killed Her
Oct 18, 2023 10:25 AM CDT
Natalee Holloway's Mom: You 'Finally Admitted' You Killed Her
Joran van der Sloot signs plea deal in extortion case
- Eighteen years after 18-year-old Natalee Holloway was presumed killed during a high school graduation trip to Aruba, the man long suspected in her disappearance had to reveal all he knew about her fate. Appearing in Alabama court on Wednesday, Joran van der Sloot pleaded guilty to extortion and wire fraud;...
Podcast Sparks Probe Into
Mystery Serial Killer 'Bible John'
Oct 12, 2023 9:05 AM CDT
Podcast Sparks Probe Into Mystery Serial Killer 'Bible John'
Police allegedly concealed identity of man thought to have killed 3 women in Glasgow
- Scottish police are reexamining three unsolved murders attributed to the country's most notorious alleged serial killer following an award-winning BBC podcast that suggested a police coverup. Journalist Audrey Gillan's
Bible John: Creation of the Serial Killer
, released in late 2022, told how Helen Puttock, Jemima MacDonald, and Patricia...
Ex-NFL Player Arrested
in Mother's Death
Oct 11, 2023 6:30 PM CDT
Ex-NFL Player Arrested in Mother's Death
Sergio Brown was taken into custody after trying to enter US from Mexico
- Former NFL player Sergio Brown was arrested in California on Tuesday, more than three weeks after his mother's body was found near a creek behind her home in suburban Chicago. At the time, authorities said they were looking for Brown, but he wasn't named as a suspect in...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
A 'Shocking' Find on Trading Ahead of Hamas' Oct. 7 Attack
Fetterman Forks Over $343.20 for a Santos Troll Video
Canadian Entrepreneur, Philanthropist Found Dead With His Partner
Mackenzie Phillips: I Forgave Dad for Me, Not Him
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.