Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
After Crash, Officers Find
Cop Didn't Have Valid License
Apr 12, 2022 6:49 PM CDT
After Crash, Officers Find Cop Didn't Have Valid License
Mississippi officer charged with DUI had been patrolling for months with expired license
- A police officer who resigned from a Tupelo-area force days after a drunk-driving arrest in 2020 was wearing a different force's uniform when he was arrested for the same offense on Friday night, authorities in Mississippi say. Jonathan Boyd, 32, was arrested in Saltillo by the Mississippi Highway Patrol...
Troopers Left Suspicious Driver
Who Later Killed Them: Report
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Mar 26, 2022 4:35 PM CDT
Troopers Left Suspicious Driver Who Later Killed Them: Report
Driver suspected of DUI struck and killed 2 Pennsylvania troopers and a pedestrian, police say
- Two Pennsylvania troopers were helping a man on the side of a highway early Monday when a driver plowed into them, killing all three. In a shocking twist, Martin F. Mack III, 33, and Branden Sisca, 29, had initially pulled over the female driver on suspicion of driving under the...
Unusual DUI Case Involves
Several Cans of Right Guard
Mar 10, 2022 8:35 AM CST
Unusual DUI Case Involves Several Cans of Right Guard
Authorities in Stuart, Fla., say Katherine Theodore huffed deodorant spray before driving
- Authorities pulled over a vehicle in Florida's Martin County over the weekend being driven by an apparently intoxicated woman, but she wasn't hit with typical DUI charges. CBS12 reports that sheriff's deputies made a traffic stop in Stuart on Sunday after witnessing erratic driving, and when they...
Comedian Faces DUI Charge
Jan 15, 2022 1:50 PM CST
Comedian Faces DUI Charge
Tiffany Haddish arrested, released in Georgia
- Tiffany Haddish was arrested in Georgia on Friday and charged with driving under the influence. The comedian and actress was released from jail hours later after putting up $1,666, TMZ reports. Haddish had been pulled over after Peachtree City police received a 911 call around 2:30am about a...
He Survived DUI Crash, Dies
in Another Suspected One
Nov 11, 2021 2:08 PM CST
He Survived DUI Crash, Dies in Another Suspected One
'It's unreal,' says mother of Clyde Thompson in Texas
- Two years ago, a drunk driver nearly took the life of 17-year-old Clyde Thompson in Beaumont, Texas. Over the weekend, he lost his life to another driver facing DUI charges, reports KHOU 11 . “It’s just unreal," says the mother of the 19-year-old, Tamala Johnson. "To get...
Nov 3, 2021 4:47 PM CDT
Police Put Ruggs' Speed at 156mph Before Crash
NFL player appears in court after fatal wreck
- An NFL player was driving 156mph about 2 seconds before his car slammed into another vehicle in Las Vegas early Tuesday, killing a 23-year-old woman, a police report says. When the airbags deployed in Henry Ruggs' Corvette, it was moving at 127mph, airbag data show. Ruggs appeared in court Wednesday...
Raiders Release Henry Ruggs
After Fatal Alleged DUI Crash
Nov 3, 2021 12:00 AM CDT
Raiders Release Henry Ruggs After Fatal Alleged DUI Crash
He's been charged with felony DUI
The Las Vegas Raiders released wide receiver Henry Ruggs on Tuesday night after he was involved in a fatal car crash, for which he has been charged with felony DUI resulting in a death, CNN reports.
Our previous story from Tuesday follows:
Former Kansas Senate Leader
Is Going to Jail for 2 Days
Oct 25, 2021 2:42 PM CDT
Former Kansas Senate Leader Is Going to Jail for 2 Days
Republican lawmaker Gene Suellentrop pleads no contest to DUI, reckless driving
: Kansas Sen. Gene Suellentrop has pleaded no contest to misdemeanor DUI and reckless driving charges as part of a plea deal that will allow him to keep his job. The Republican—who was arrested in March after he was seen driving the wrong way on I-470 in Topeka—will...
Jun 2, 2021 2:28 PM CDT
Residents Want Crackdown After 91-Year Old's Scooter Death
LA driver charged with DUI
- A 91-year-old man in Los Angeles' Venice neighborhood died after he was hit by one of the area's ubiquitous electric scooters, police say. The man, identified by the coroner's office Tuesday as Yin Wu, hit his head on the pavement and was pronounced dead at the scene. The...
'Rumor Mill's Going Nuts' After
State GOP Leader Arrested
Mar 16, 2021 6:07 PM CDT
'Rumor Mill's Going Nuts' After State GOP Leader Arrested
Kansas Senate Majority Leader Gene Suellentrop accused of DUI, trying to flee cops
- Kansas Senate Majority Leader Gene Suellentrop was not present when the state Senate convened Tuesday afternoon—which was not surprising after the events of that morning. Police say the 69-year-old Republican was arrested in Topeka at 3:55am on Tuesday and booked into jail on suspicion of driving under the...
3 Drunken Drivers Found
Each Other: Police
Feb 28, 2021 12:40 PM CST
3 Drunken Drivers Found Each Other: Police
Crashes began with a truck going the wrong way
- Authorities say three drunken drivers were involved in a crash early Sunday morning in a south Milwaukee suburb. The incident happened shortly before 3am when a man driving a Ford F-250 pickup truck the wrong way on a four-lane highway in Mount Pleasant collided head-on with a motorist in a...
Faces DUI Charge
Feb 19, 2021 3:38 PM CST
Johnny Damon Faces DUI Charge
Police report says officers saw SUV swerving on road, hitting a guardrail
- Former Major League outfielder Johnny Damon was charged with driving under the influence in Florida early Friday after police said they saw his SUV swerve on the road, then hit a curb and guardrail. His wife, Michelle Mangan-Damon, also was arrested, TMZ reports, on charges of committing battery on an...
Springsteen Was Arrested
for DWI at NJ Federal Park
Feb 10, 2021 11:56 AM CST
Springsteen Was Arrested for DWI at NJ Federal Park
Authorities say arrest happened in November
- In the 1980 song "Wreck on the Highway," Bruce Springsteen reflected on the grief caused by a car crash—which will make his arrest for alleged drunk driving all the more disappointing for fans. TMZ reports the 71-year-old rock legend was arrested in a federal park in New...
Off-Duty Cop Crashes Into
Home, Faces DUI Charge
Feb 8, 2021 1:23 PM CST
Off-Duty Cop Crashes Into Home, Faces DUI Charge
Philadelphia police commissioner says 'appalling' incident will be investigated
- A Philadelphia police officer is facing multiple charges after crashing his car into a home, injuring both occupants and killing one of their dogs. Police say 27-year-old Gregory Campbell was driving drunk in northeast Philadelphia around 8:20pm Saturday when he lost control of his 2014 Dodge Dart, the
Jan 10, 2021 2:05 PM CST
Police Chief 'Shocked' by This Arrest
Man racks up 18th drunk driving offense
- “I am frankly shocked.” That’s the reaction from Green Bay, Wis., police Chief Andrew Smith regarding a local man’s recent drunk driving arrest. The reason for his shock: It was Wallace Carl Bowers' 18
operating while intoxicated offense, police say. Police were responding to reports of...
Charges Filed in
Horrific Nevada Crash
Dec 17, 2020 6:20 AM CST
Charges Filed in Horrific Nevada Crash
Driver who allegedly killed 5 cyclists charged with DUI
- Charges have been filed in the devastating Nevada crash that left five cyclists dead last week. Jordan Barson was charged Tuesday with five counts of DUI resulting in death, six counts of reckless driving resulting in death or substantial bodily harm, and one count of DUI resulting in substantial bodily...
Mayor Falls Asleep in
Drive-Thru, Crashes Cadillac
Dec 3, 2020 8:45 AM CST
Mayor Falls Asleep in Drive-Thru, Crashes Cadillac
Kentucky mayor failed field sobriety test
- A Kentucky mayor crashed her silver Cadillac into a utility pole after falling asleep in the drive-thru line at a White Castle, police say. Beverly Chester-Burton, mayor of the Louisville suburb Shively, was charged with driving under the influence after the incident Tuesday night, the
reports. Police say...
Trooper in Elite DUI Unit
Had Secret to His Success
Aug 6, 2020 8:42 AM CDT
Trooper in Elite DUI Unit Had Secret to His Success
Maryland's John Sollon wrote tickets to drivers who didn't exist
- Maryland State Trooper John Sollon belonged to an elite DUI unit, and his stats showed why. In 2019 alone, he logged a record 50-plus arrests, reports the
. But now Sollon's secret to success is out, and it's one that nearly landed him in prison. The 36-year-old...
You Do Not Want to Drive
Into This Kind of Pond
May 26, 2020 6:21 AM CDT
You Do Not Want to Drive Into This Kind of Pond
Cops: Drunken driver spent 2 hours in manure pond
- A Facebook post by the California Highway Patrol in South Sacramento uses no fewer than four poop emojis in telling this story, for good reason. It seems that in the wee hours of Monday morning, a driver called police to say he'd crashed into a pond on a dairy...
Driver Rams 4 Teens in Horrible
Case of Mistaken Identity: Cops
Mar 4, 2020 6:30 PM CST
Driver Rams 4 Teens in Horrible Case of Mistaken Identity: Cops
Police say 18-year-old thought group put poop in his car, ran them down
- Two teenagers were seriously injured when a driver enraged by damage done to his car during a "prank" struck an innocent group of pedestrians he wrongly believed were responsible, police in Northern California said. Two other teenagers had moderate injuries after the attack Saturday, the AP reports. The 18-year-old...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Gunman Sent Message: 'Going to Shoot Elementary School'
'She Is Gone,' Texas Man Sobbed Into Phone
Details Emerge About Teen Shooter in Texas
Beto O'Rourke Interrupts Abbott's Press Conference
All the Uvalde Victims Were in One 4th-Grade Classroom
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.