Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Tiffany Haddish: 'This
Will Never Happen Again'
Nov 28, 2023 3:18 PM CST
Tiffany Haddish: 'This Will Never Happen Again'
She vows to 'get help' after 2nd DUI arrest
- Tiffany Haddish has vowed to "get help" after her second arrest on suspicion of DUI in two years. "This will never happen again," the comedian, who was arrested in Beverly Hills early Friday morning, tells
. "I'm going to get some help so I...
Former WWE Star
Sentenced to 17 Years
After Fatal DUI Crash
Nov 28, 2023 2:00 AM CST
Former WWE Star Sentenced to 17 Years After Fatal DUI Crash
Tamara 'Tammy' Sytch wrestled as 'Sunny'
- A former WWE wrestler was sentenced to more than 17 years behind bars Monday after a DUI crash last year in Florida that left a 75-year-old man dead. Police say Tamara "Tammy" Sytch, who went by "Sunny" during her wrestling days, had a blood alcohol content four times...
3 Boys 'Paid the Ultimate
Price' for Mom's Addiction
Sep 26, 2023 10:50 AM CDT
3 Boys 'Paid the Ultimate Price' for Mom's Addiction
Leticia Gonzales of Michigan to serve up to 5 years for DUI crash that killed her young sons
- A western Michigan woman was sentenced to up to five years in prison Monday for a crash in which her three young sons drowned after her SUV plunged into an ice-covered pond, per the AP . Leticia Gonzales, 31, had pleaded no contest in August to operating while intoxicated causing serious...
Ex-Raider Ruggs Sentenced
for Deadly DUI Crash
Aug 9, 2023 2:16 PM CDT
Ex-Raider Ruggs Sentenced for Deadly DUI Crash
'I have no excuses,' he says
- Former Las Vegas Raiders player Henry Ruggs was sentenced Wednesday to at least three years in a Nevada prison for killing a woman in a fiery crash while driving his sports car drunk at speeds up to 156mph. He pleaded guilty in May to felony DUI causing death and misdemeanor...
No Bail for Woman Accused
of Killing Bride in DUI Crash
Aug 2, 2023 3:19 PM CDT
No Bail for Woman Accused of Killing Bride in DUI Crash
Judge says Jamie Komoroski must remain in custody until March 2024 trial
- The woman accused of slamming into a newlywed couple's golf cart while driving drunk, killing the bride and seriously injuring the groom, has been in jail for three months—and she won't be getting out any time soon. At a hearing Tuesday, a South Carolina judge rejected 25-year-old...
Company Must Reinstate Driver
Who Drank 9 Beers, Crashed
Aug 2, 2023 2:30 PM CDT
Company Must Reinstate Driver Who Drank 9 Beers, Crashed
Canadian woman's alcoholism is a disability, labor arbitrator says
- A Canadian truck driver who admitted drinking at least nine beers before she crashed on a Pennsylvania highway was, unsurprisingly, fired by her employer. But in an unusual twist, a labor arbitrator has ordered trucking company Groupe Robert to reinstate her, saying that her alcoholism is a disability and the...
Move in Bid
to Avoid DUI
May 16, 2023 11:15 AM CDT
Cops: Driver Makes Bold Move in Bid to Avoid DUI
Officer says Colorado driver put his dog in the driver's seat
- An alleged drunk driver in Colorado tried to avoid arrest by putting his dog in the driver's seat, according to police, who were not fooled. Indeed, the police officer who caught the unidentified male driving 52mph in a 30-mph zone shortly before midnight Saturday "watched the entire process"...
Woman Accused of Killing Bride
Had Sky-High BAC: Report
May 13, 2023 9:30 AM CDT
Woman Accused of Killing Bride Had Sky-High BAC: Report
Toxicology report found Jamie Komoroski's blood alcohol content was 3 times legal limit before crash
- A woman accused of ramming her car at high speed into a golf cart last month—killing bride Samantha Hutchinson, who'd just gotten married—had a blood alcohol content that was more than triple the legal limit, per a South Carolina Law Enforcement Division toxicology report seen by CNN...
Will Admit to Causing
Fiery, Fatal Crash
May 3, 2023 1:30 AM CDT
Ex-Raiders Player Will Admit to Causing Fiery, Fatal Crash
Tina Tintor died after Henry Ruggs crashed into her RAV4 in 2021
- Henry Ruggs, the former NFL player who was released by the Las Vegas Raiders shortly after the 2021 fatal crash in which he was involved, told a judge Tuesday he will take a plea deal that is expected to put him behind bars for three to 10 years. Ruggs will...
In 'Hilarious' Move,
911 on the Cops
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Jan 14, 2023 12:15 PM CST
In 'Hilarious' Move, Passenger Calls 911 on the Cops
Person in suspected DUI case misinterpreted law on police pursuits in Washington state, cops say
- A passenger being driven by a suspected drunk driver who allegedly reached speeds over 100mph called 911 on Sunday—but not to report the driver. Instead, in what Washington State Patrol Trooper Ryan Senger calls a "hilarious" move, the passenger called police on the police, claiming the pursuit of...
Cops: DUI Suspect Wouldn't
Pull His Horse Over
Oct 17, 2022 1:17 PM CDT
Cops: DUI Suspect Wouldn't Pull His Horse Over
Police in Whittier say he was 'galloping through traffic' before arrest
- An allegedly drunken horseman was taken into custody Saturday, say police in Whittier, California. In an Instagram post , police said there was an unusual—and brief—pursuit after they encountered an "intoxicated person on a horse, galloping through traffic," who refused to pull over, the
Los Angeles Times
Crowd-Surfed, Then Got a DWI
Oct 12, 2022 9:25 AM CDT
School Superintendent Crowd-Surfed, Then Got a DWI
James Thomson was spotted flying high at NY high school football game before his arrest
- When you're the superintendent of a school district, it's perfectly fine to attend school events and show enthusiasm—but maybe not
much enthusiasm. Jason D. Thomson may be reflecting upon that after a weekend that kicked off with his attendance at Baker High School's football game...
US Servicewoman in Italy
Accused of Deadly DUI Crash
Aug 22, 2022 1:16 PM CDT
US Servicewoman in Italy Accused of Deadly DUI Crash
Woman was allegedly four times over the limit when she hit teen on cycle path
- A 20-year-old Air Force servicewoman is facing a vehicular homicide charge after allegedly killing a 15-year-old boy in a crash in northern Italy Sunday morning. Sources tell ANSA that the woman was four times over the legal limit when she hit Giovanna Vanier on a cycle path after losing control...
Speaks Out on
of My Life'
Aug 20, 2022 7:00 AM CDT
Hope Solo Speaks Out on 'Worst Night of My Life'
Retired soccer goalkeeper says drinking that led to DUI spurred partly from postpartum depression
- Nearly a month after pleading guilty to charges of driving while impaired in North Carolina in late March, while her twin toddlers were in the car, Hope Solo is talking publicly about what happened. Making an appearance this week on her
Hope Solo Speaks
podcast , the 41-year-old former soccer goalkeeper...
Alleged Drunk Boater
Indicted on Homicide Charges
Aug 18, 2022 4:46 AM CDT
Alleged Drunk Boater Indicted on Homicide Charges
5 died in Memorial Day crash in Georgia
: A Georgia man who was allegedly boating under the influence of alcohol on Memorial Day has been indicted on 10 counts of first-degree homicide by vessel—two for each of the five people who died in a collision. Mark Stegall, 45, is also charged with boating under the influence...
DUIs on Golf Carts and
Scooters? Welcome to Florida
Aug 4, 2022 7:10 PM CDT
DUIs on Golf Carts and Scooters? Welcome to Florida
Recent arrests occurred along state's busiest interstate, at Walmart
- A woman with an open bottle of Jack Daniel's whiskey in a bag was arrested for driving a golf cart on Florida's busiest interstate while drunk, according to an arrest report. The 58-year-old woman was arrested Saturday night on the shoulder of Interstate 95. She's now facing...
Paul Pelosi Pleads
Not Guilty to DUI Charges
Aug 3, 2022 1:57 PM CDT
Paul Pelosi Pleads Not Guilty to DUI Charges
Complaint says House speaker's husband was slurring his words after May crash
- The husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi pleaded not guilty Wednesday to misdemeanor DUI charges related to a May crash in Northern California wine country. Paul Pelosi, 82, did not appear in person at Napa County Superior Court Wednesday. His attorney, Amanda Bevins, entered not guilty pleas on his behalf...
Pelosi's Husband Charged
With DUI After Crash
Jun 24, 2022 12:10 AM CDT
Pelosi's Husband Charged With DUI After Crash
Paul Pelosi could spend a short stint behind bars if convicted
Nancy Pelosi's husband could spend a little time behind bars under new charges filed after a car crash last month. The Napa County District Attorney's Office on Thursday charged Paul Pelosi, 82, with driving under the influence of alcohol causing injury and driving with .08% blood alcohol...
Nancy Pelosi's Husband Paul
Arrested for Suspected DUI
May 29, 2022 8:41 PM CDT
Nancy Pelosi's Husband Paul Arrested for Suspected DUI
The Speaker of the House was in Rhode Island at the time
- Paul Pelosi, the 82-year-old husband of Nancy Pelosi, was arrested this weekend on suspicion of DUI in Northern California, police records showed Sunday. Paul Pelosi was taken into custody late Saturday in Napa County north of San Francisco, according to a sheriff's office online booking report cited by the...
After Crash, Officers Find
Cop Didn't Have Valid License
Apr 12, 2022 6:49 PM CDT
After Crash, Officers Find Cop Didn't Have Valid License
Mississippi officer charged with DUI had been patrolling for months with expired license
- A police officer who resigned from a Tupelo-area force days after a drunk-driving arrest in 2020 was wearing a different force's uniform when he was arrested for the same offense on Friday night, authorities in Mississippi say. Jonathan Boyd, 32, was arrested in Saltillo by the Mississippi Highway Patrol...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
She Ditched Broadway Dreams, Became Flo From Progressive
America's Avocado Habit Is Wreaking Havoc in Mexico
Pentagon: US Ships Were Attacked in Red Sea
Your Walking Speed Affects Health Benefits
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.