Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Sarah Palin Tells
to Drop Out of Race
Sep 6, 2022 5:01 AM CDT
Sarah Palin Tells House Opponent to Drop Out of Race
Nick Begich declines
- Alaska US House candidate Sarah Palin called on fellow Republican Nick Begich to drop out of the race Monday, holding a news conference in the same place where on a holiday weekend more than a decade ago she announced plans to resign as Alaska's governor. “He keeps calling...
Sep 1, 2022 2:05 AM CDT
Alaska Makes Historic Pick Over Palin
Mary Peltola, a Democrat, will be the first Alaska Native the state has sent to the House
- Democrat Mary Peltola won the special election for Alaska's only US House seat on Wednesday, besting a field that included Republican Sarah Palin, who was seeking a political comeback in the state where she was once governor. Peltola, who is Yup’ik and turned 49 on Wednesday, will become...
Her Alaskan Election Surprise
May Lead to History
Aug 18, 2022 12:37 PM CDT
Her Alaskan Election Surprise May Lead to History
Democrat Mary Peltola has a decent chance to become first Alaska Native in Congress
- One of the bigger surprises from this week's primary voting came out of Alaska , where Democrat Mary Peltola leads Sarah Palin and a slew of other Republicans in the race to be the state's lone member of Congress. The seat is vacant because of the death of Republican...
Cemented a New GOP
Aug 17, 2022 9:35 AM CDT
Tuesday's Primaries Cemented a New GOP
Cheney vows to continue fighting 'against those who would destroy our republic'
- Liz Cheney knew she was fighting a losing battle. Had she cozied up to Donald Trump, she might have easily won her Wyoming primary on Tuesday instead of losing handily (she had 29% support to Harriet Hageman's 66%, with 99% of expected votes counted, per the
Murkowski and Palin
Advance in Alaska Primary
Aug 17, 2022 8:03 AM CDT
Murkowski and Palin Advance in Alaska Primary
This year marks the state's first use of ranked-choice voting
- Alaska Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski advanced from her primary along with Kelly Tshibaka, her GOP rival endorsed by former President Trump, while another Trump-backed Republican, Sarah Palin, was among the candidates bound for the November general election in the race for Alaska's only House seat. Per the AP , Murkowski...
3 Big Names
on Ballot, Plus
One That Isn't
Aug 16, 2022 9:40 AM CDT
Primary Day: 3 Big Names on Ballot, Plus One That Isn't
Liz Cheney, Sarah Palin, and Lisa Murkowski fight to move on, all with fates tied to Donald Trump
- Pretty much all the focus in Tuesday's primary schedule is on three high-profile names—Liz Cheney, Lisa Murkowski, and Sarah Palin—all of whom have a strong connection to former President Trump. Here's the latest on the contests out of Wyoming and Alaska:
The sentiment about the
Sarah Palin Opponent
Exits House Race
Jun 21, 2022 12:03 AM CDT
Sarah Palin Opponent Exits House Race
She'll face 3 others in the August special election
Al Gross, an independent running for Alaska's only US House seat, said late Monday that he is ending his campaign, the AP reports. Gross in a statement said it was “with great hope for Alaska’s future” that he has decided to end his campaign. He said...
Has Big Lead
in Alaska Primary
Jun 12, 2022 6:30 AM CDT
Sarah Palin Has Big Lead in Alaska Primary
Voters are whittling down list of 48 candidates
- Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin leads in early results from Saturday's special primary for the state's only US House seat, as voters whittled down the list of 48 candidates running for the position that was held for 49 years by the late US Rep. Don Young. The early...
Judge on Palin's
No 'Speck' of Proof
Jun 1, 2022 9:15 AM CDT
Judge on Palin's Push Against
: No 'Speck' of Proof
Judge Jed Rakoff rejects ex-Alaska governor's request for new trial regarding defamation claims
Sarah Palin's hopes for a new trial against the
New York Times
have been dashed, at least for now. On Tuesday, US District Judge Jed Rakoff informed the former Alaska governor's legal team that he was rejecting her request, which was put in after her lawyers said...
Standing Between Sarah Palin
and Congress: Santa Claus
Apr 27, 2022 11:05 AM CDT
Standing Between Sarah Palin and Congress: Santa Claus
Bernie Sanders supporter from North Pole, Alaska, wants to 'legislate for greater good'
- If Sarah Palin wants a seat in Congress , she'll first have to get past Santa Claus. That's the legal name of a city council member in—where else?—North Pole, Alaska, who's one of almost 50 people battling Palin for the state's only congressional seat. As...
Palin May Have a Problem
in Alaska—Fellow Alaskans
Apr 17, 2022 7:32 AM CDT
Palin May Have a Problem in Alaska—Fellow Alaskans
She is running for Congress, but two national stories suggest locals aren't thrilled
- Sarah Palin is running for Alaska's lone congressional seat , but she might have a problem if two stories with very similar themes are any indication. "Alaskans are tired of Sarah Palin," declares a headline in Politico , while another in the
reads, "Many Alaskans are...
Sarah Palin Picks Up
a Big Endorsement
Apr 4, 2022 12:23 PM CDT
Sarah Palin Picks Up a Big Endorsement
Trump backs her run for Congress in Alaska, though she faces a tough race
- More than 50 people have signed up to run for a vacant congressional seat in Alaska, but only one now has the endorsement of Donald Trump: That would be Sarah Palin, who announced on Friday that she hopes to fill the seat of the late Don Young . On Sunday, the...
a Big Way
Apr 2, 2022 6:30 AM CDT
Sarah Palin Is Reentering Politics, in a Big Way
Ex-Alaska governor is vying for seat in US House of Representatives left open by late Don Young
- There were April Fools' jokes aplenty on Friday, but news from Sarah Palin doesn't appear to have been one of them. The former Alaska governor and vice presidential candidate announced she's running for her state's only seat in the US House of Representatives, a seat left open...
Jury Rules Against Palin
Feb 15, 2022 4:36 PM CST
Jury Rules Against Palin in
Federal judge had already decided to dismiss case
: The jury ruled against Sarah Palin in her libel lawsuit against the
New York Times
Tuesday—unaware that the judge had already decided to dismiss the case because Palin's attorneys had failed to show there had been "actual malice" from the
. US District Judge Jed Rakoff...
Did Sarah Palin Slip Up
in Testimony Against
Feb 11, 2022 10:54 AM CST
Did Sarah Palin Slip Up in Testimony Against
One part of her testimony prompted a legal sidebar
- Sarah Palin is in a Manhattan courtroom this week testifying in her libel suit against the
New York Times
, and one line in particular from Thursday caught the attention of observers who think she hurt her case. (Granted, these are observers from the mainstream media, which the former Alaska governor...
Now on the Witness Stand,
Feb 10, 2022 4:17 AM CST
Now on the Witness Stand, Sarah Palin
Former editor admits 'terrible mistake' in 'NYT' libel case
- Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin took the witness stand on Wednesday in her defamation lawsuit against the
New York Times
, giving the jury a folksy overview of her family life in Alaska and ascent in Republican politics. Palin testified for only about 20 minutes at the end of the day...
Exit After Giuliani Unmasked
Feb 3, 2022 9:30 AM CST
Judges Exit After Giuliani Unmasked
'Deadline': Ken Jeong, Robin Thicke temporarily walked off the stage of Fox show in protest
- In the third season of
The Masked Singer
, a Fox crooning competition in which famous contenders' identities are concealed by costumes and face coverings, host Nick Cannon exclaimed, "This might be the most shocked I've ever been on this show!" when Sarah Palin was shown to be...
After Testing Positive, Palin
Causes a Stir at Restaurants
Jan 27, 2022 6:30 PM CST
After Testing Positive, Palin Causes a Stir at Restaurants
New York City suggests people who came in contact with her take a coronavirus test
- Restaurants like repeat customers, but they might have mixed feelings about those who have COVID-19. Sarah Palin has tested positive for the illness, which was enough to postpone the trial in her defamation lawsuit against the
New York Times
but not enough to keep her from dining out while she'...
Palin Tests Positive for
Jan 24, 2022 11:30 AM CST
Palin Tests Positive for COVID,
Defamation trial that will put newspaper under microscope over 2017 editorial now set for Feb. 3
This file has been updated to include details on the trial delay.
The defamation trial regarding Sarah Palin's lawsuit against the
New York Times
was set to kick off Monday, but plans changed after the former Alaska governor tested positive for COVID, per Law360 . In a series of...
Palin: I'll Run For Senate
If God Wants Me To
Aug 1, 2021 3:20 PM CDT
Palin: I'll Run For Senate If God Wants Me To
The former VP candidate and governor was speaking at a Christian conference
- Lisa Murkowski, one of two Republican senators in Alaska, is facing some primary challengers after coming out in favor of impeaching the previous president. Murkowski has been in office since succeeding her father in 2002 and would be up for re-election next year. Kelly Tshibaka announced her campaign months ago,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Red Lobster Misjudged Diners' Hunger for Endless Shrimp
Investigation Lobs Disturbing Allegations Against Candy Giant
A 'Familiar Maternal Face on TV' Dead at 93
Morgan Names Royals Who Made Alleged Racist Comments
Couple's NC Wyeth Windfall Collapses
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.