Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Is This Goodbye to the
$1 McDonald's Soda?
Jul 4, 2022 8:10 AM CDT
Is This Goodbye to the $1 McDonald's Soda?
Prices are going up at some locations
- Sad news for fans of the seemingly ubiquitous $1 any-size McDonald's beverage: Inflation may be putting an end to it, or at least to its ubiquity. Franchisees tell the
Wall Street Journal
some owners have decided to get rid of the dollar deal even though the fast food company...
Taco Bell's New Menu Items
Feature 'Nostalgic' Ingredient
Jun 30, 2022 2:44 PM CDT
Taco Bell's New Menu Items Feature 'Nostalgic' Ingredient
Giant Cheez-It cracker is the base for test-drive of limited-edition tostada, Crunchwrap Supreme
- If Taco Bell happens to be sold out of the newly revived Mexican Pizza, no need to write a sad country song about it, as Dolly Parton might be wont to do . Instead, try the restaurant chain's two new menu items, both of which incorporate a Cheez-It cracker that'...
Cops: Fast-Food Manager
Fires Gun at Angry Customer
Jun 24, 2022 1:00 AM CDT
Cops: Fast-Food Manager Fires Gun at Angry Customer
Nobody was injured at the Checkers in Tennessee
- A fast-food dispute between an angry customer and a manager escalated into gunfire, though maybe not the way you'd expect. Police in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, say it was the manager who pulled a gun and opened fire, reports WKRN . Nobody was injured in the incident at a Checkers restaurant. Police...
Russian McDonald's Are No
More, but Now There's This
Jun 22, 2022 8:40 AM CDT
Russian McDonald's Are No More, but Now There's This
Rebranded restaurants opened to great demand, says new CEO
You can't get a Big Mac in Russia anymore, but you can get a burger at Vkusno & tochka—and plenty of people apparently did on opening day. About 50 of the successor restaurant to McDonald's opened in the Moscow area over June 12 and 13 under...
Lawsuit to McDonald's: Where
Are the Burgers in Your Ads?
May 19, 2022 11:23 AM CDT
Lawsuit to McDonald's: Where Are the Burgers in Your Ads?
Chain, along with Wendy's, is accused of false advertising
- Earlier this year, three law firms accused Burger King of making its burgers look way better in advertisements than they are in reality. Now the trio is going after McDonald's and Wendy's with the same accusation, reports the
Wall Street Journal
. The new lawsuit alleges that Wendy's...
KFC Worker Calls 911 After
Customer Writes Note for Help
May 19, 2022 10:35 AM CDT
KFC Worker Calls 911 After Customer Writes Note for Help
Woman told Memphis police that her boyfriend was holding her against her will
- A Memphis woman told police her partner was holding her against her will, had confiscated her phone, and punched her in the face when she tried to leave. That she was able to speak to police was thanks to her quick thinking, and a KFC worker who took action. The...
While Replacing TP Holder,
Couple Makes Surprising Find
in case you missed it
May 1, 2022 12:02 PM CDT
While Replacing TP Holder, Couple Makes Surprising Find
'Very well preserved' bag of McDonald's fries was hidden in the wall of their Illinois home
- Opening up a small hole in their bathroom wall to replace a built-in toilet paper holder, Rob and Grace Jones of Crystal Lake, Ill., looked inside and spotted a towel hiding something inside. "We were expecting the worst. We were both like, 'Oh, my gosh, we're going...
One Result of
Apr 29, 2022 8:09 AM CDT
One Result of McDonald's Russian Closures: Tossed Food
Chain also continues to pay employees in Ukraine and Russia
- McDonald's is losing a lot of money as a result of the war in Ukraine—$127 million in the last quarter, to be exact. The fast-food giant opted to close restaurants in Russia last month while continuing to pay its 62,000 employees there. In a Thursday call with...
A Pandemic Success Story,
Popeyes Eyes New Shores
Apr 19, 2022 11:44 AM CDT
A Pandemic Success Story, Popeyes Eyes New Shores
Chain to expand to new markets, open 200 restaurants in US and Canada this year
- Popeyes is promising speedy drive-thru service as it plans to open more than 200 new locations in the US and Canada this year—more than half of which will feature double drive-thrus. The company also announced Tuesday its plans to expand in the UK, China, Mexico, and Saudi Arabia, and...
That Drive-Thru Order
May Contain More Than
You Bargained For
Mar 26, 2022 11:30 AM CDT
That Drive-Thru Order May Contain More Than You Bargained For
Consumer Reports finds excessive amounts of 'forever chemicals' in some fast-food wrappers
- You might want to dump those Mickey D's fries onto a plate as soon as you get home. Consumer Reports released an analysis Thursday on packaging at fast-food restaurants and supermarket chains, with a concerning find: Many of the wrappers that hold the fare we pick up at the...
Rapper Settles Beef
With McDonald's Via
Harsh New Arby's Ad
Mar 22, 2022 7:11 AM CDT
Rapper Settles Beef With McDonald's Via Harsh New Arby's Ad
Pusha T says he didn't get paid enough for 'I'm Lovin' It' jingle; hence, the 'Spicy Fish Diss Track'
- Not since Paul Marcarelli defected from Verizon to shill for Sprint has there been such a brand betrayal. In the early aughts, a one Terrence LeVarr Thornton (better known as rapper Pusha T) claims he penned McDonald's famous "I'm Lovin' It" jingle, and he apparently isn't...
American in Russia Has No
Plans to Close His Papa John's
Mar 15, 2022 10:20 AM CDT
American in Russia Has No Plans to Close His Papa John's
Colorado native Christopher Wynne owns company that oversees franchisees
- Last week, Papa John's joined the companies that are suspending corporate ties with Russia over the invasion of Ukraine. As Fox Business reports, that means no "operational, marketing, and business support to, and engagement with, the Russian market." Russians themselves probably haven't noticed much of a...
Feb 21, 2022 7:27 AM CST
Carl Icahn Takes On McDonald's Over Pig Treatment
Financier buys small stake, wants to make moves over its treatment of pigs used for pork
- Carl Icahn holds a small stake in McDonald's, but the financier has two things he wants now that he's a player in the company's machinations: two people of his choice named to the Mickey Dee's board, as well as an improvement in how the company treats...
If You Can Eat
a Taco a Day,
Taco Bell Has
a Tempting Offer
Jan 10, 2022 9:30 AM CST
If You Can Eat a Taco a Day, Taco Bell Has a Tempting Offer
Get the 'Taco Lover's Pass' via the chain's app and enjoy a taco a day for 30 days, for a total of $10
- Could you eat a taco a day for a whole month? What if we said you could do so for just a ten-spot? If that thought (and price) appeals to you, there's a subscription you may want to check out, courtesy of Taco Bell. "Fans whose New Year'...
KFC on New Chicken-Free
Chicken Nugget: 'It's Time'
Jan 6, 2022 2:07 PM CST
KFC on New Chicken-Free Chicken Nugget: 'It's Time'
Chain's Beyond Fried Chicken is a plant-based chicken alternative created with Beyond Meat
- As 2022 kicks into high gear, KFC has a "Kentucky Fried Miracle" to announce: its Beyond Fried Chicken, a plant-based chicken nugget alternative created in partnership with Beyond Meat, per a release from KFC parent company Yum Brands. Starting Monday and for a limited time, the fast-food chain will...
McDonald's Restaurants Here
Are Rationing Their French Fries
Dec 22, 2021 10:35 AM CST
McDonald's Restaurants Here Are Rationing Their French Fries
Flooding around Vancouver has delayed potato imports, triggering shortage in Japan
- McDonald's Japan says recent flooding in Canada means it's now having to ration its french fries. The fast-food restaurant chain will block all sales of medium- and large-size fries for the remainder of the year, beginning Friday, according to a release. "Import delays have occurred for potatoes...
In-N-Out Slams 'Invasive'
Closure of 2nd Bay Area Site
Oct 27, 2021 10:00 AM CDT
In-N-Out Slams 'Invasive' Closure of 2nd Bay Area Site
Health officials shutter Pleasant Hill eatery, alleging workers didn't check customers' vax status
A second In-N-Out Burger location in the Bay Area has been temporarily closed after workers allegedly didn't follow local COVID protocols by checking customers' vaccination status. Contra Costa County officials say this particular In-N-Out, located in Pleasant Hill, has already been hit with four citations and fines totaling...
Kiwis' Illicit Substance
Was Finger Lickin' Good
Sep 21, 2021 1:18 PM CDT
Kiwis' Illicit Substance Was Finger Lickin' Good
2 accused of trying to transport KFC meal into locked-down Auckland
- New Zealand police have arrested two men who allegedly tried to enter the locked-down city of Auckland with an illicit substance: takeout food. Specifically, they carried three buckets of KFC chicken, 10 containers of coleslaw, and a bunch of fries, in addition to $70,000 in cash and a stash...
Aug 31, 2021 3:06 PM CDT
Short-Staffed Restaurants' Solution? 14-Year-Olds
With adult workers scarce, they're turning to young teens
- With fast food restaurants across America short of workers—some switched jobs while on furlough; others are reluctant to return during the latest COVID wave—many are trying to attract employees who were too young to work when the pandemic began. A sign reading "Do you have a 14...
Fast Food Giant's Fries
Are About to Be Transformed
in case you missed it
Aug 29, 2021 5:16 PM CDT
Fast Food Giant's Fries Are About to Be Transformed
Wendy's vows that its new french fries will stay hotter, crispier longer
- In recent taste tests , Wendy's french fries have done ... OK, but not great. Those mediocre rankings may soon change, as the fast-food chain has announced it's bestowing upon its fries what CNN Business calls "a makeover for the COVID era." Wendy's President Kurt Kane revealed...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Teen Defeated Their Daughters. They Forced Probe Into Her Gender
FBI Report Details Angelina Jolie's 2016 Plane Ride With Brad Pitt
20-Year-Old Makes $110M on Bed Bath & Beyond Stock
Her Alaskan Election Surprise May Lead to History
Court in India Sets Free Men Who Raped Woman
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.