Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Guinness World Record
Stories 1 - 20 |
91-Year-Old Is Oldest
Person to Cross Grand Canyon
Mar 27, 2023 3:31 AM CDT
91-Year-Old Is Oldest Person to Cross Grand Canyon
He's the oldest person to cross it rim-to-rim on foot, which he did in 5 days
- The latest evidence that age ain't nothin' but a number: John Jepkema has been honored for crossing the Grand Canyon rim-to-rim on foot when he was 91 years old, becoming the oldest person ever to do so. The Colorado man, whose 2019 feat was recently acknowledged by Guinness World...
You Won't Find Stranger
World Records Than These
Dec 26, 2022 9:40 AM CST
You Won't Find Stranger World Records Than These
UPI rounds up the weirdest Guinness World Records achievements of 2022
- It's that time of the year when we look back fondly (and not so fondly) at the best and worst of what went down over the past 12 months. The only guarantees we had going into 2022 were death, taxes, and a new set of achievements recognized by Guinness...
Stack of 7 M&Ms
Takes the Cake
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
May 7, 2022 5:00 PM CDT
Stack of 7 M&Ms Takes the Cake
Master balancer Ibrahim Sadeq of Iraq is latest to claim the world record
Will Cutbill had just eight and a half months to enjoy his Guinness World Record for the Tallest Stack of M&Ms at five. The Brit's achievement on Jan. 31, 2021 was the first of three times the world record would be broken in a 15-month span, per...
World Record for Slackline Walk
Was 'Total Serendipity Moment'
May 4, 2022 11:05 AM CDT
World Record for Slackline Walk Was 'Total Serendipity Moment'
Rafael Zugno Bridi crossed 59-foot line between 2 hot-air balloons 1.2 miles above Brazil
- Guinness World Records has officially recognized the highest slackline walk, at more than twice the height of the world's tallest building. Brazilian daredevil Rafael Zugno Bridi claimed the record after crossing a 59-foot slackline suspended between two hot-air balloons some 6,236 feet, or nearly 1.2 miles, above...
World's Oldest Living
Dog Has a Familiar Name
Apr 25, 2022 8:43 AM CDT
World's Oldest Living Dog Has a Familiar Name
Chihuahua TobyKeith was verified as 21 years, 66 days old on March 16, a Guinness record
- This TobyKeith drinks out of a bowl, not a red Solo cup, but he's now drawing as much attention as the country music star he was apparently named after. The Florida chihuahua has just made his way into Guinness World Records as the oldest living dog, confirmed on March...
He Modeled the Challenge
Off Hercules, and It's Wild
Nov 6, 2021 8:00 AM CDT
He Modeled the Challenge Off Hercules, and It's Wild
'Outside' looks at Mike McCastle's 'Labors'
- One badly executed jump ended Mike McCastle's hope of becoming a Navy SEAL—he blew out both his knees while in training—but it launched something else just as physical, and much more jaw-dropping. In a lengthy story for
, Julian Smith writes that the injury robbed McCastle of...
Oct 18, 2021 2:53 AM CDT
Tony Bennett Sets Another World Record
For his latest album with Lady Gaga
- Tony Bennett has set a Guinness World Record, his fifth. The 95-year-old is now officially the oldest person to release an album of new material, the recordkeeping organization has confirmed.
Love for Sale
, Bennett's collaboration with Lady Gaga, was released October 1, CNN reports. Bennett, who has Alzheimer's...
World's Most Premature Baby
Celebrates First Birthday
Jun 20, 2021 2:30 PM CDT
World's Most Premature Baby Celebrates First Birthday
Wisconsin baby sets a Guinness World Record
- Richard Scott William Hutchinson set a record on his birthday this year. It’s his first birthday, a milestone that means he overcame grim odds. Richard is the most premature baby in the world to survive, a distinction made official by Guinness World Records . Due in October 2020, he was...
Now Has 20
Feb 8, 2021 12:00 AM CST
Ariana Grande Now Has 20 Guinness World Records
Singer wins 'most songs to debut at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100'
- Ariana Grande has an impressive 20 Guinness World Records to her name as of last week, when the 27-year-old broke the record for most songs to debut at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. Her single, "Positions," did so on Nov. 7, her fifth song to ever...
Dog Dies at Age 8
Jan 30, 2021 6:30 AM CST
World's Tallest Dog Dies at Age 8
Freddy the Great Dane was also the 'dog with the most love and the biggest heart,' UK owner says
- He was born the runt of the litter, but Freddy certainly made up for that over time. The Great Dane from Essex, England, ended up becoming the tallest dog in the world, and that wasn't all that was large about the imposing pooch, who has died at the age...
Behold the Ring With
the Most Diamonds Ever
Jan 5, 2021 8:16 AM CST
Behold the Ring With the Most Diamonds Ever
The 'Marigold,' featuring 12,638 stones, has been recognized by Guinness World Records
- Start doing your hand exercises now if you ever want to slip the "Ring of Prosperity" on your finger—it'll be a heavy lift. That's because the piece of jewelry (aka the "Marigold") designed by Harshit Bansal of India's Renani Jewels features 12,638...
Why One Group
Did the Conga
for 14 Miles
Sep 11, 2019 3:49 PM CDT
Why One Group Did the Conga for 14 Miles
To set a record—and raise money for a meaningful cause
- Conga lines are fun and all, but can you imagine traveling in one for 14 miles over the course of five and a half hours, all while the song "Do the Conga" plays on a loop—a total of 110 times? That's what a group of financial advisers...
Nurse Who Wore Pants Will
Get World Record After All
May 7, 2019 6:44 PM CDT
Nurse Who Wore Pants Will Get World Record After All
Guinness reverses its decision
- An uproar was sparked when a British nurse was denied the Guinness World Record for fastest woman to run the London Marathon while wearing a nurse's uniform—because she was wearing scrubs instead of the required dress, apron, and cap. But now Guinness is making things right, the
Blimp Tows Water Skier
6.9 Miles to Set World Record
Mar 14, 2018 3:34 PM CDT
Blimp Tows Water Skier 6.9 Miles to Set World Record
Kari McCollum was towed across a Southern California lake
- Yes, that was a blimp towing a water skier across the surface of a Southern California lake. The
reports the blimp towed skier Kari McCollum for 6.9 miles at Lake Elsinore on Tuesday. The newspaper says that's a new record, according to Philip Robertson, an adjudicator with...
Man Puts His Feet Through
Lego Ordeal for Charity
Jan 26, 2018 5:06 PM CST
Man Puts His Feet Through Lego Ordeal for Charity
At least Russell Cassevah thinks he set a world record after his 120-foot torture stroll
- Most people go to great lengths to avoid stepping on their kids' Legos. Not Russell Cassevah, described as a "madman" by ALT 103.7 for what appears to be a (painful) new world record. WAVY reports the Virginia man traversed 120 feet of the sole-puncturing plastic bricks on Sunday,...
Cat Has a Taste for Kangaroo
May 18, 2017 1:03 AM CDT
Potentially Record-Setting Cat Has a Taste for Kangaroo
Omar may be the world's longest cat
- What's it take for a cat to grow so long it's in contention for a Guinness World Record? Good genes, a good home, and lots of raw kangaroo meat, apparently. "It's the only meat we could find that he actually wants to eat," Stephy Hirst...
Meet the Guy
of Hard Poop
Nov 14, 2016 9:47 AM CST
Meet the Guy With World's Largest Collection of Hard Poop
George Frandsen nabs Guinness World Record with fossilized feces
- One of George Frandsen's prize possessions weighs over 4 pounds, hails from the Miocene Epoch, and is named "Precious." This paleontological treasure also happens to be a huge piece of fossilized coprolite—aka prehistoric poop—and nearly 1,300 similar samples like Precious have catapulted Frandsen to...
Oct 25, 2016 9:45 AM CDT
Guy Crushes Coast-to-Coast Running Record
He ran from San Francisco to Manhattan in 42 days
- Philippides , who? Pete Kostelnick has just made the Greek legend's marathon race look like a quaint sprint. Keeping an average pace of 73 miles per day, the Nebraska ultrarunner, 29, landed at New York City Hall on Monday having raced 3,100 miles from San Francisco in just...
Now Holds 8
Aug 30, 2016 12:34 PM CDT
Justin Bieber Now Holds 8 Guinness Records
None of them have anything to do with squirrels
- Justin Bieber is now the proud holder of eight Guinness World Records, and no, not a single one of them is for most asinine behavior or biggest lover of squirrels and Jesus . Rather, all eight of them are thanks to his musical success,
Most streamed track on Spotify
Open Wide: World's Longest
Pizza Stretches for
May 20, 2016 2:15 PM CDT
Open Wide: World's Longest Pizza Stretches for 1.15 Miles
Made in Naples, naturally
- Guinness World Records has confirmed there's a new superlong pizza for the books—and it was meticulously crafted in the Italian city that claims itself as the "heart and soul" of the tasty dish, per NPR . One hundred chefs gathered in Naples Wednesday, merging 4,400 pounds...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
A 'Shocking' Find on Trading Ahead of Hamas' Oct. 7 Attack
Fetterman Forks Over $343.20 for a Santos Troll Video
Canadian Entrepreneur, Philanthropist Found Dead With His Partner
Mackenzie Phillips: I Forgave Dad for Me, Not Him
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.