Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Mar 5, 2022 2:25 PM CST
Putin Threatens Ukrainian Statehood
Sanctions risk the invaded nation's sovereignty, Russian president warns
- Russian President Vladimir Putin added a threat to the nation he's invaded on Saturday, saying the international sanctions against his country amount to a "declaration of war" that endanger Ukrainian sovereignty. "The current leadership needs to understand that if they continue doing what they are doing, they...
Trump, GOP Senators Accuse
Gen. Milley of Treason
Sep 15, 2021 3:36 PM CDT
Trump, GOP Senators Accuse Gen. Milley of Treason
Biden says he has 'complete confidence' in Joint Chiefs chairman
- Donald Trump and other Republicans are hopping mad about reports that the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff secretly called his Chinese counterpart because he was worried about Trump's mental state in the last months of his presidency—though the former president believes the report in Bob Woodward'...
Marco Rubio Gets a
Jun 9, 2021 2:10 PM CDT
Marco Rubio Gets a High-Profile Challenger
Val Demings enters Florida Senate race
- No Republican senator from Florida has ever been elected to a third term—and Rep. Val Demings is going to try to stop Sen. Marco Rubio becoming the first in the 2022 election. The Democrat officially launched her campaign Wednesday, tweeting a video in which she criticized the "same...
Governor Bid or
Senate Run? Val
Made Her Choice
May 18, 2021 11:42 AM CDT
Governor Bid or Senate Run? Val Demings Has Made Her Choice
Democratic congresswoman from Florida will take on Marco Rubio for a Senate seat
- Joe Biden may not have picked Val Demings to be his running mate, but the Florida congresswoman still looks to have high political aspirations. Democratic sources tell Politico and Axios that the Florida congresswoman will take on GOP Sen. Marco Rubio for his seat in the US Senate, after months...
Rubio Issues Challenge
to MLB Commissioner
Apr 5, 2021 1:25 PM CDT
Rubio Issues Challenge to MLB Commissioner
He says he should give up his membership of Georgia golf club after moving All-Star Game
- Republicans are hopping mad about Major League Baseball's decision to move the All-Star Game out of Georgia—and they're using the word "woke" a lot. In a letter to MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred Monday, Sen. Marco Rubio slammed the "woke corporate virtue signaling" of moving the...
Hate March's 'Spring Forward'?
There's Some Promising News
Mar 10, 2021 10:40 AM CST
Hate March's 'Spring Forward'? There's Some Promising News
15 states hope to make daylight saving time permanent
- If you hate losing an hour of sleep each spring owing to daylight saving time, we have good and bad news. The bad news is that most Americans will still have to move clocks forward one hour at 2am Sunday. The good news is that "momentum for ending the...
Rubio Uses a Term
Sure to Displease Trump
Nov 17, 2020 8:19 AM CST
Rubio Uses a Term Sure to Displease Trump
He is calling Joe Biden 'president-elect'
- Marco Rubio joined a select club on Monday with a seemingly humdrum response to question regarding Joe Biden. "Well, that'll be the president-elect's decision obviously," Rubio said when asked about the possibility of a fellow senator, Angus King, joining a Biden Cabinet. By NPR's count,...
China Sanctions Cruz,
Rubio for 'Egregious Behavior'
Aug 10, 2020 11:38 AM CDT
China Sanctions Cruz, Rubio for 'Egregious Behavior'
11 US citizens sanctioned in tit-for-tat Hong Kong move
- As police in Hong Kong stepped up a crackdown on pro-democracy figures, China slapped sanctions on 11 American citizens for behaving "egregiously on Hong Kong-related issues." Those sanctioned include Human Rights Watch executive director Kenneth Roth, as well as Republican Sens. Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, Tom...
2 GOP Senators Honor the
Wrong Black Congressman
Jul 19, 2020 6:11 AM CDT
2 GOP Senators Honor the Wrong Black Congressman
Marco Rubio and Dan Sullivan post photos of Elijah Cummings instead of John Lewis
- Republican Sens. Marco Rubio and Dan Sullivan were so upset by the death of civil rights icon Rep. John Lewis that they posted photos of themselves with ... the late Rep. Elijah Cummings, who is also a long-serving Democratic Black congressman, but quite a different person who died back in October...
Rubio Responds to Getting
Sanctioned by China
Jul 13, 2020 6:47 AM CDT
Rubio Responds to Getting Sanctioned by China
'I guess they don't like me?" tweets senator
- Last week, the US sanctioned three Chinese officials over alleged human rights abuses against Muslims in the region of Xinjiang. On Monday, China retaliated with sanctions of its own against four US officials—Sens. Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, Rep. Chris Smith, and Sam Brownback, who is the US ambassador...
Feb 25, 2019 7:53 AM CST
Rubio Seems to Threaten Maduro With Gadhafi Pics
Fla. senator being criticized for 'remarkably stupid' tweet some see as hint at US military intervention
- Marco Rubio is known for his biblically themed tweets , but a different sort of post made waves over the weekend. On Sunday, the Florida senator sent out side-by-side photos of Moammar Gadhafi—one showing the late Libyan dictator in his prime, the second showing him bloodied and roughed up, right...
Marco Rubio Goes
After Celebrity Chef
Sep 18, 2018 1:32 PM CDT
Marco Rubio Goes After Celebrity Chef
Senator denounces Salt Bae for celebrating his lavish dinner for Venezuelan dictator
- If people hadn't heard of the celebrity chef Salt Bae before now—he is Internet famous for his distinctive way of salting meat—a series of slams from Marco Rubio is helping change that. The Florida senator went after the Turkish chef, real name Nusret Gokce, because Salt Bae...
Alex Jones, Marco Rubio
Get Into It Outside Hearing
Sep 5, 2018 12:45 PM CDT
Alex Jones, Marco Rubio Get Into It Outside Hearing
InfoWars host approached Rubio as he spoke with reporters
- The biggest stars of Wednesday's Senate Intelligence Committee hearing seem to be an empty chair and Alex Jones of InfoWars. The former was reserved for Google's leadership, which unlike Twitter and Facebook was a no-show. The latter got into it with Sen. Marco Rubio outside the hearing, which...
Cables Were Being Tightened
Before Bridge's Deadly Collapse
Mar 16, 2018 6:46 AM CDT
Cables Were Being Tightened Before Bridge's Deadly Collapse
Brand-new FIU bridge flattened cars
- It was supposed to be a "signature project" that people would identify with Florida International University. Instead, it's the scene of a still unexplained tragedy that left at least six people dead. At least nine injured people were pulled from the rubble Thursday after a pedestrian bridge collapsed...
Victim's Father Calls
Rubio 'Pathetically Weak'
Feb 22, 2018 6:11 AM CST
Victim's Father Calls Rubio 'Pathetically Weak'
Senator, NRA spokeswoman jeered at an emotional town hall
- Sen. Marco Rubio and NRA national spokeswoman Dana Loesch encountered the raw emotion of school shooting survivors and the parents of victims at a town hall meeting in Sunrise, Fla., Wednesday night. In one of the most heated exchanges, Fred Guttenberg, whose daughter Jaime died in the Parkland shooting, told...
Allegations of 'Improper
Conduct' Hit Rubio's Office
Jan 28, 2018 9:46 AM CST
Allegations of 'Improper Conduct' Hit Rubio's Office
Senator fires his chief of staff
- Sen. Marco Rubio fired his chief of staff Saturday over "allegations of improper conduct," CNN reports. "I had sufficient evidence to conclude that while employed by this office, my chief of staff had violated office policies regarding proper relations between a supervisor and their subordinates," Rubio...
Rubio on Tax Bill: We 'Probably
Went Too Far' in Helping Firms
Dec 30, 2017 6:07 AM CST
Rubio on Tax Bill: We 'Probably Went Too Far' in Helping Firms
Though he says he thinks Americans will still be all for the bill once they see their paychecks boosted
- One of the facets of the GOP tax bill now signed into law is the tax break given to corporations, with the rate lowered from 35% to 21% . But Goldman Sachs says it won't capitalize as much as everyone thinks from the new bill, noting it will take a...
Republicans Gain 2 Key
Votes for Final Tax Bill
Dec 15, 2017 3:55 PM CST
Republicans Gain 2 Key Votes for Final Tax Bill
Rubio, Corker make passage of tax bill increasingly likely
- It now appears Republicans will have the votes to pass their major tax overhaul next week.
reports Sen. Marco Rubio flipped to a "yes" on Friday a day after saying he wouldn't support the tax bill without an increase in the child tax credit. A senior...
Rubio Deals Blow to Hopes
of Passing Tax Overhaul
Dec 15, 2017 6:19 AM CST
Rubio Deals Blow to Hopes of Passing Tax Overhaul
Senator demands change to child tax credit
- President Trump's hopes of passing a tax overhaul before Christmas have taken a big hit from the man he used to call "Little Marco Rubio." In what Politico describes as a surprise move, the Republican senator announced Thursday that he won't support the legislation. Rubio said...
Trump Aims for the Moon
Dec 11, 2017 7:05 PM CST
Trump Aims for the Moon
The president signs a new space directive
- Donald Trump wants to see Americans back on the moon, the Hill reports. Today, at a White House ceremony marking the anniversary of the last human voyage to the moon, 1972's Apollo 17 mission, Trump gathered with Vice President Mike Pence and two former astronauts, Harrison Hagan "Jack"...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Report: Plane Crashed Into the Earth Intentionally
After Girl, 7, Mauled to Death by Dog, 4 Family Members Charged
Tucker Carlson Addresses Alleged Gunman's Screed
Man Buys Old Virginia Home, Makes 'Heart-Wrenching' Find
Viral Post About $27 Airport Beer Spurs Big Changes
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.