Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Mary Beth Kepner
DOJ Pulls Prosecutors Off Stevens Case
Judge finds lawyers in contempt for withholding documents
- The Justice Department has yanked the team that prosecuted Ted Stevens off any future action in the case, Politico reports, after the judge found four of the lawyers—including chief prosecutor Brenda Morris—in contempt. Morris and company raised the judge’s ire by withholding documents related to FBI agent...
Agent, Witness in Stevens Case Had a Fling, Defense Says
Ted's team wants new trial over secret-sharing
- Lawyers for former Sen. Ted Stevens say the head FBI agent in his corruption case got a little too cozy with a key witness against Stevens,
reports. The defense lawyers cite an FBI whistleblower's memo that “strongly suggests that the inappropriate relationship” between the agent and an oilman...
FBI Agent Got Cozy With Sources in Stevens Probe
Agent wore skirt in court to please source; others gave her husband a job, painting of dog
- New details emerged yesterday in an ethics complaint against an FBI investigator in the corruption probe that took down former Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens, the
Anchorage Daily New
s reports, including allegations the female agent wore a skirt in court to please a source. Mary Beth Kepner is also alleged to...
Popular on Newser
With One Week to Go, Here's What the Polls Say
Jim Carrey as Joe Biden on SNL Isn't Going Over Well
COVID Antibodies Are 'Rapidly' Waning
White Castle Starting 'New Tradition' on Nov. 3
Georgia Stakes: 'Entire Country Should Be Watching This'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.