Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Trump Judge Says Hush Money
Is Outside Presidential Duties
Jul 19, 2023 7:05 PM CDT
Trump Judge Says Hush Money Is Outside Presidential Duties
Former president loses attempt to move case to federal court
- A federal judge on Wednesday rejected Donald Trump's bid to move his hush money criminal case from New York state court to federal court, ruling that the former president had failed to meet a high legal bar for changing jurisdiction. US District Judge Alvin Hellerstein found that the allegations...
2 Views on the
Case Against Trump
Apr 5, 2023 6:40 AM CDT
2 Views on the Case Against Trump
For some, it's 'weaker' than expected. For others, it's 'more significant'
- We finally have a look at the New York case against former President Trump and "there are few surprises, except perhaps astonishment that Mr. Bragg's case looks even weaker than we expected," writes the
Wall Street Journal
editorial board, which is left asking, "Where is the...
Stormy Daniels Ordered to
Pay Trump Another $122K
Apr 5, 2023 12:30 AM CDT
Stormy Daniels Ordered to Pay Trump Another $122K
After failed defamation lawsuit, Daniels ordered to pay more of his legal fees
- Stormy Daniels must pay nearly $122,000 of former President Trump's legal fees that were racked up in connection with the porn actor's failed defamation lawsuit, an appeals court ruled Tuesday. The decision in California came at about the same time that Trump became the only ex-president to...
Earliest Trump Allegation
Apr 4, 2023 7:12 PM CDT
Earliest Trump Allegation Involves Doorman
DA's office says Trump orchestrated payment over illegitimate child allegation
- The indictment against Donald Trump unsealed Tuesday contains hush-money allegations connected to adult film star Stormy Daniels, former
model Karen McDougal, and another, lesser-known party: A former Trump Tower doorman who claimed Trump had an illegitimate child with a housekeeper. The office of Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg says...
Report: Trump NY Grand Jury
About to Go on Lengthy Break
Mar 29, 2023 12:42 PM CDT
Report: Trump NY Grand Jury About to Go on Lengthy Break
Reports indicate that if an indictment is coming, it wouldn't happen until late April
- Will he or won't he be indicted? America may have to wait longer than expected to find out. A court administration source tells CNN the Manhattan grand jury that has been hearing evidence in former President Trump's case is slated to go on break after April 5 and...
Hold Clues to
Mar 27, 2023 4:42 PM CDT
Stormy Daniels, Karl Rove Hold Clues to Beating Trump
Attacking strengths can be more effective, Jack Shafer writes
- There are many strategies that won't beat Donald Trump, in a political race or elsewhere. Pointing out his flaws has little effect, Jack Shafer writes in Politico column. But there are people who have the right idea, and Ron DeSantis could learn from them. Karl Rove, a longtime Republican...
Mar 24, 2023 9:41 AM CDT
Melania 'Doesn't Sympathize' With Trump's Mess: Report
Former first lady is said to still be 'angry' about Stormy Daniels hubbub but is 'leading her own life'
- As the world waits to see if the first indictment against a former US president is coming, one person close to Donald Trump is said to not be particularly understanding about his situation. Wife Melania Trump "doesn't sympathize with Donald's plight" over an alleged hush money payment...
This Is the
Mar 24, 2023 8:47 AM CDT
Peggy Noonan: This Is the 'Wrong' Indictment
Columnist wants Trump held accountable for other things, not Stormy Daniels payments
- By all accounts, it looks like former President Trump will soon be indicted , a "weighty and meaningful act" in the annals of American history, writes Peggy Noonan. And in her latest
Wall Street Journal
op-ed, the conservative columnist calls it a mistake. Noonan, however, is not mounting a defense...
McCarthy Speaks Out on
Possible Trump Indictment
Mar 21, 2023 3:15 PM CDT
McCarthy Speaks Out on Possible Trump Indictment
'I think you know in your heart of hearts that this is just political'
- House Speaker Kevin McCarthy is among the Republicans rallying around Donald Trump ahead of a possible indictment in the Stormy Daniels hush money case that could come as soon as Wednesday. McCarthy, speaking to reporters at a House Republican retreat in Orlando, said that the $130,000 payment was "...
Expected Soon: Sources
Mar 21, 2023 6:30 AM CDT
Trump Indictment Expected Soon: Sources
NYPD, Secret Service planning for what will happen if one is handed down
- The New York grand jury investigating Donald Trump's "hush money" payment to Stormy Daniels did not hand down an indictment Monday, but one is expected soon, three sources tell Politico . The grand jury next convenes Wednesday. In anticipation of the expected indictment, officials from the NYPD, the Secret...
Trump Suggests a Tuesday
Arrest, Calls for Protests
Mar 18, 2023 8:10 AM CDT
Trump Suggests a Tuesday Arrest, Calls for Protests
Former president's claims come amid reports law enforcement is making security preparations
- Whether an indictment is soon to be handed down by the Manhattan district attorney against former President Donald Trump regarding alleged hush money payments to porn star Stormy Daniels has been the big question swirling in recent days, and Trump himself appears to have answered it in social media remarks...
Stormy Daniels, Michael Cohen
Appear in Trump Investigation
Mar 15, 2023 7:30 PM CDT
Stormy Daniels, Michael Cohen Appear in Trump Investigation
New York prosecutors are weighing charges involving $130K payment
- Stormy Daniels met Wednesday with New York prosecutors investigating former President Donald Trump's possible role in the payment of $130,000 to the porn actress to stay quiet about their affair. Her lawyer said the meeting was at the request of the Manhattan district attorney’s office, Politico reports;...
Trump to Decline
Grand Jury's Invitation
Mar 13, 2023 5:44 PM CDT
Trump to Decline Grand Jury's Invitation
Michael Cohen testifies for three hours in Manhattan
- Former President Donald Trump will not be making an appearance before the grand jury in Manhattan considering whether to bring an indictment involving payments to porn star Stormy Daniels, a lawyer said Monday. Trump reached the decision after meeting with his legal team over the weekend, Joe Tacopina told NBC...
He Served His Time. Now,
Testimony to a Grand Jury
Mar 11, 2023 5:30 AM CST
He Served His Time. Now, Testimony to a Grand Jury
Michael Cohen will appear Monday in Manhattan in hush money Trump case
- Donald Trump's former lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen is scheduled to testify Monday before a Manhattan grand jury investigating hush money payments made on the former president's behalf, two people familiar with the matter tell the AP . Cohen is a key witness in Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg'...
Avenatti, Already Jailed, Gets
Even More Prison Time
Jun 2, 2022 1:58 PM CDT
Avenatti, Already Jailed, Gets Even More Prison Time
Disgraced lawyer receives 2.5 years for cheating Stormy Daniels
- Michael Avenatti was sentenced Thursday to four years in prison for cheating client Stormy Daniels of hundreds of thousands of dollars in book proceeds. The California lawyer, currently incarcerated, learned his fate in Manhattan federal court, where Judge Jesse M. Furman said the sentence will mean that Avenatti will spend...
Court: Stormy Daniels
Must Pay Trump $300K
Mar 22, 2022 2:27 PM CDT
Court: Stormy Daniels Must Pay Trump $300K
She says she will go to jail before paying a dime
- Stormy Daniels says she'll sit behind bars before she pays Donald Trump's legal fees in her failed defamation suit. "I will go to jail before I pay a penny," the porn star tweeted Monday after a federal appeals court rejected her bid to overturn a lower...
Avenatti Loses Stormy Daniels
Case After Representing Self
Feb 4, 2022 2:45 PM CST
Avenatti Loses Stormy Daniels Case After Representing Self
He's facing jail time but plans to appeal
- Michael Avenatti was convicted Friday of charges he cheated the porn actor Stormy Daniels out of nearly $300,000 she was supposed to get for writing a book about an alleged tryst with former President Trump. Avenatti, who acted as his own lawyer, stared straight ahead as the verdict was...
A 'Furious' Stormy Daniels
Testifies Against Avenatti
Jan 28, 2022 7:00 AM CST
A 'Furious' Stormy Daniels Testifies Against Avenatti
He's accused of cheating her out of $300K
- Stormy Daniels took her star turn on the witness stand Thursday at California lawyer Michael Avenatti’s trial, telling a jury she was "very, very angry" and felt "betrayed and stupid" when she was told that the lawyer she had teamed up with against Donald Trump had stolen...
Aide With Top Access to Trump,
Melania Is Releasing Memoir
Sep 9, 2021 12:15 PM CDT
Aide With Top Access to Trump, Melania Is Releasing Memoir
'Hard to articulate how much anxiety' Stephanie Grisham's book will cause
- Another memoir from a former member of the Trump White House is coming, and Jonathan Swan of Axios notes that it has the potential to be the most damaging one so far. That's because Stephanie Grisham is the only person who worked in top positions for both former President...
Stormy Daniels Would Love to
Talk to Grand Jury About Trump
Jun 7, 2021 12:20 PM CDT
Stormy Daniels Would Love to Talk to Grand Jury About Trump
She says her lawyer has spoken to prosecutors
- A special grand jury has now been convened in the Manhattan district attorney's investigation of Donald Trump and other Trump Organization figures—and Stormy Daniels would be more than happy to cooperate. The adult film star told CNN 's
Monday that while she hasn't been...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
Bad News Part II for Trump on Legal Front
Leaning Tower Shuttered Last Month Now on 'High Alert'
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
Doritos Has Solved the Issue of Crunching
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.