Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Explosive Michael Cohen
Feb 27, 2019 2:25 AM CST
Explosive Michael Cohen Testimony Released
He calls Trump 'racist,' 'conman'
- President Trump is in Vietnam—and he is not going to have a good morning after he sees the explosive testimony Michael Cohen is going to deliver to the House Oversight Committee on Wednesday. Cohen, Trump's personal lawyer for more than a decade, describes his former boss as a...
Stormy Daniels Ordered
to Pay Trump $293K
Dec 11, 2018 4:40 PM CST
Stormy Daniels Ordered to Pay Trump $293K
It's less than half what president's attorney had requested
- Porn star Stormy Daniels must pay President Donald Trump nearly $293,000 for his attorneys' fees and another $1,000 in sanctions after her defamation suit against him was dismissed, a federal judge in Los Angeles ordered Tuesday. Trump's attorney, Charles Harder, had requested nearly $390,000 in fees,...
Trump Lawyers Ask Court to
Hit Stormy Daniels With Fines
Dec 4, 2018 5:50 AM CST
Trump Lawyers Ask Court to Hit Stormy Daniels With Fines
They say she should pay $780K for failed defamation suit
- Lawyers for President Trump asked a court Monday for nearly $800,000 in lawyers' fees and penalties from porn actress Stormy Daniels for a failed defamation lawsuit against him. Attorney Charles Harder defended ringing up a nearly $390,000 legal bill for the president and asked for an equal amount...
Things Just Got Ugly Between
Stormy Daniels, Avenatti
Nov 29, 2018 10:15 AM CST
Things Just Got Ugly Between Stormy Daniels, Avenatti
Trump accuser makes some serious allegations against her own attorney
- Stormy Daniels is again making serious public allegations, but this time they're against her own attorney. In a statement to the Daily Beast , Daniels goes after Michael Avenatti on two main fronts. The biggest beef is about money, specifically the cash raised for Daniels on a crowdfunding site . She...
DA Won't Prosecute
Avenatti on Felony Charge
Nov 22, 2018 12:24 AM CST
DA Won't Prosecute Avenatti on Felony Charge
'This whole thing is bogus,' lawyer says
- The Los Angeles district attorney declined to prosecute attorney Michael Avenatti on felony domestic abuse charges on Wednesday and referred allegations that he roughed up his girlfriend to the city attorney for a possible misdemeanor case. Avenatti, 47, was arrested on suspicion of felony domestic violence last week after his...
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Calls
Charge Against Him 'Bogus'
Nov 15, 2018 12:31 AM CST
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Calls Charge Against Him 'Bogus'
Michael Avenatti arrested on charge of felony domestic violence
- Stormy Daniels' lawyer was arrested Wednesday on what he claimed was a "completely bogus" charge of felony domestic violence. Michael Avenatti, a frequent and outspoken critic of President Trump, was released on $50,000 bail, the BBC reports. Los Angeles Police Department Tony Im says the victim in the...
New Report on Hush Payments
Could Be Bad News for Trump
Nov 9, 2018 1:50 PM CST
New Report on Hush Payments Could Be Bad News for Trump
'WSJ' says he was directly involved at 'nearly every step' in arranging payments to women
Wall Street Journal
is out with an investigative report on President Trump asserting that he played a direct role in arranging hush-money payments to women alleging affairs with him, despite two years of denials. Trump "was involved in or briefed on nearly every step of the agreements,"...
Trump, Stormy Daniels Have
New Nicknames for Each Other
Oct 16, 2018 11:50 AM CDT
Trump, Stormy Daniels Have New Nicknames for Each Other
'Horseface' and 'Tiny'
- The president and Stormy Daniels traded insults on Twitter Tuesday and revealed new nicknames for each other in the process. It's "Horseface" vs. "Tiny." The fireworks started after a judge dismissed a defamation suit brought by Daniels against Trump. "Great, now I can go after...
A Stormy Daniels Lawsuit
Against Trump Dismissed
Oct 16, 2018 12:34 AM CDT
A Stormy Daniels Lawsuit Against Trump Dismissed
Judge chucks out defamation lawsuit, but another continues
- A federal judge dismissed Stormy Daniels' defamation lawsuit against President Trump on Monday, saying the president made a "hyperbolic statement" against a political adversary when he tweeted about a composite sketch the porn actress' lawyer released, the AP reports. Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, sued Trump in...
Stormy Daniels Regrets
Oct 9, 2018 1:20 AM CDT
Stormy Daniels Regrets 'Body-Shaming' Trump
She feels bad about graphic description in memoir
- Stormy Daniels thinks she might have gone a little too far in new memoir
when she including a graphic description of President Trump's private parts . The porn actress, who likened Trump's genitals to "the mushroom character in Mario Kart " during a two-page description of...
2 Women Nabbed With
Stormy Daniels Sue Cops
Oct 2, 2018 7:00 PM CDT
2 Women Nabbed With Stormy Daniels Sue Cops
They claim officers wanted to retaliate against Daniels for her allegations
- Two women who were arrested at an Ohio strip club along with porn actress Stormy Daniels sued four police officers Tuesday claiming they sought to retaliate against Daniels for her sex allegations concerning Donald Trump before he became president, the AP reports. The women also said the officers arrested them...
Report: Eric Trump Was Told to
Try to Silence Stormy Daniels
Oct 2, 2018 8:34 AM CDT
Report: Eric Trump Was Told to Try to Silence Stormy Daniels
'Wall Street Journal': Trump wanted son involved in getting restraining order against her
- In mid-February, Stormy Daniels' manager announced her client believed that despite her non-disclosure agreement she was now free to tell her story about her alleged affair with Donald Trump—and she did so at the end of March in a
interview . The
Wall Street Journal
is now out...
Stormy Daniels Discusses
Trump's Genitals in New Book
Sep 18, 2018 7:57 AM CDT
Stormy Daniels Discusses Trump's Genitals in New Book
You may never think about Mario Kart the same way after reading an excerpt
appears to be the first media outlet to have gotten its hands on Stormy Daniels' new memoir,
, and it reports she gets explicit in what she discloses. The
reprints her fairly NSFW description of the president's genitals, which she likens to a character from...
Lawyer Has News About
Stormy Daniels' Deal
Sep 9, 2018 10:40 AM CDT
Lawyer Has News About Stormy Daniels' Deal
Charles Harder claims it's no longer valid
- President Donald Trump does not believe porn actress Stormy Daniels' hush-money deal, which his former personal lawyer said was done to influence the 2016 presidential election, is valid and will not carry out threats to sue her for breaking the agreement by discussing details of their alleged affair, Trump's...
Stormy Daniels: 'Normal Life'
Probably Over for Me
Sep 8, 2018 7:01 AM CDT
Stormy Daniels: 'Normal Life' Probably Over for Me
Adult film star says public role has taken a big toll personally
- Stormy Daniels gave a rare interview about her new life in the limelight, and it doesn't sound pleasant. "I may never have a normal life again," the adult film actress told a Dutch TV station, per the
. Daniels, who is pursuing two lawsuits against...
Cohen Wasn't the Only
One Handling Hush Money
Aug 23, 2018 3:47 AM CDT
Cohen Wasn't the Only One Handling Hush Money
Trump execs could be in hot water
- President Trump is highly unlikely to be indicted under current Justice Department policy—but he's not the only one facing potential repercussions from Michael Cohen's guilty plea to charges violating campaign finance laws. Court documents show that when Cohen was reimbursed by the Trump Organization for hush money...
Rips Into Trump,
Aug 22, 2018 8:17 AM CDT
Cohen's Lawyer Rips Into Trump, Repeatedly
Lanny Davis makes the morning talk show rounds
- The days of Michael Cohen being willing to "take a bullet for" the president are seemingly long gone. He testified on Tuesday that he made hush-money payments to two women "in coordination and at the direction of a candidate for federal office." In the wake of his...
Cohen Guilty Pleas Involve
Payoffs to Two Women
Aug 21, 2018 4:13 PM CDT
Cohen Guilty Pleas Involve Payoffs to Two Women
Charges against the president's former attorney include campaign finance violations
- Ex-Trump attorney Cohen has entered guilty pleas to charges that include campaign finance violations involving payoffs to two women, per the AP . The hush money payments were part of a coordinated effort to influence the 2016 presidential election, the president's former "fixer" said in a federal court in...
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Is
in Iowa, Eyeing a Bigger Job
Aug 10, 2018 6:27 AM CDT
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Is in Iowa, Eyeing a Bigger Job
Michael Avenatti says he's exploring a run for president
- Michael Avenatti has become a familiar name as a legal foe of President Trump. Now the attorney for Stormy Daniels says he's considering turning into a political foe as well. "I'm exploring a run for the presidency of the United States, and I wanted to come...
Stormy Daniels' Husband
Files for Divorce
Jul 23, 2018 5:40 PM CDT
Stormy Daniels' Husband Files for Divorce
Glendon Crain alleges adultery
- Stormy Daniels is in the news for a reason other than her alleged 2006 affair with now-president Donald Trump: Her husband has filed for divorce. Glendon Crain, who wed Daniels (real name Stephanie Clifford) in 2015, filed the petition on July 18 in Texas, the AP reports. Crain, who also...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
This Might Be the Biggest Data Breach in History
2 Hours After Parade Killings, Candidate Says, 'Let's Move On'
For US Savings Accounts, Another Shift Is Unfolding
He Was Hesitant About Going to Parade, Ended Up Dead
Also Not in Constitution: Court Having Final Say
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.