Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Believe It or
Not, Some World
in case you missed it
Oct 23, 2022 1:00 PM CDT
Believe It or Not, Some World Leaders Lasted Just Minutes
Liz Truss made it only 45 days as UK prime minister, but others have her beat
- Liz Truss didn't even make it two months into her stint as British prime minister, announcing her resignation Thursday amid economic turmoil in the United Kingdom. That makes her the shortest-serving PM in the nation's history. While most world leaders usually stick it out for far longer than...
'$70K CEO' Dan Price Resigns
Aug 18, 2022 11:28 AM CDT
'$70K CEO' Dan Price Resigns
Gravity Payments CEO says he's focusing on fighting 'false accusations' of misconduct
- Gravity Payments CEO Dan Price has resigned—and the move is apparently unconnected to his 2015 decision to pay all employees, including himself, a $70,000 salary. In a tweet Wednesday, the CEO of the Seattle-based payments processing company shared a letter to his colleagues in which he said he...
As Things Sour
for Boris Johnson,
Jul 6, 2022 9:15 AM CDT
As Things Sour for Boris Johnson, 1922 Committee Enters Spotlight
It has the power to allow another no-confidence vote
- More resignations are streaming out of the British government, but still not the big one. Prime Minister Boris Johnson is clinging on despite the Wednesday resignations of six more junior ministers, which the BBC reports means the tally of ministers and aides who have resigned stands at 27. Five of...
Teacher of the Year Quits
Over LGBTQ Treatment
Jun 27, 2022 5:01 PM CDT
Teacher of the Year Quits Over LGBTQ Treatment
Kentucky district didn't act after public accusations of 'grooming'
- Kentucky's 2022 teacher of the year says he put up with harassment and administration efforts to diminish LGBTQ identities for years because he thought it was important for students in his rural high school to have a thriving, openly gay teacher in their classroom. Willie Carter Jr. still thinks...
Calls for Johnson's
Resignation Grow Amid
Apr 12, 2022 10:31 AM CDT
Calls for Johnson's Resignation Grow Amid 'Partygate' Update
British PM will be fined by police for breaching COVID regulations during lockdown bashes
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson's office said Tuesday that he and Rishi Sunak, the nation's Treasury chief, will be fined by police for breaching COVID-19 regulations following allegations of lockdown parties at government offices while millions in Britain were barred from meeting with friends and family, per the...
Teacher Resigns After Science
Experiment Goes Wrong
Apr 7, 2022 8:31 AM CDT
Teacher Resigns After Science Experiment Goes Wrong
Cops say Texas middle school instructor put hand sanitizer in student's hands, set it on fire
- A science experiment gone awry has left a 12-year-old in North Texas injured and a teacher out of a job. CBS News reports that the 37-year-old science instructor, who hasn't been named, resigned after a Friday incident at Granbury Middle School, in which authorities say she placed hand sanitizer...
Will Smith Resigns
Apr 1, 2022 6:55 PM CDT
Will Smith Resigns From Academy
Board says disciplinary process will continue
- Facing an investigation and a disciplinary hearing over his assault of comedian Chris Rock on the Oscars stage, actor Will Smith has resigned as a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. In a statement issued Friday, Smith apologized for his behavior Sunday and said he'll...
For This Megachurch,
a 'Swift and Stunning Decline'
Mar 30, 2022 1:17 PM CDT
For This Megachurch, a 'Swift and Stunning Decline'
In just a few weeks, more than half of Hillsong's US churches shutter
- Just two weeks ago, Hillsong Church—the popular Sydney-based megachurch that has counted Justin Bieber, Bono, actor Chris Pratt, and the NBA's Kevin Durant among its devotees —had 16 campuses spread across the US from coast to coast. Now, in a plotline that seems lifted from
Mar 29, 2022 1:47 PM CDT
Progressives: Clarence Thomas Must Go
AOC among those raising the possibility of impeachment
- Clarence Thomas is back to his Supreme Court duties after a hospital stay , but if progressives have their way, his days on the court will be numbered. A number of lawmakers on the Democrats' left flank have raised the prospect of impeachment over the newly revealed texts of Ginni Thomas...
in Trump Case
Failure of Justice'
Mar 24, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Ex-Prosecutor in Trump Case Claims 'Grave Failure of Justice'
Mark Pomerantz says Trump is guilty of multiple felonies despite no indictment
- A senior Manhattan prosecutor who led the investigation of Donald Trump's finances says the former president is "guilty of numerous felony violations" and it's "a grave failure of justice" not to indict him. The investigating team "harbors no doubt about whether he committed crimes—he...
Barclays Holds Back
$29M Bonus From
Ex-CEO Tied to Epstein
Feb 23, 2022 7:45 AM CST
Barclays Holds Back $29M Bonus From Ex-CEO Tied to Epstein
Jes Staley resigned late last year amid an investigation by UK banking regulators
More bad news this week for Jes Staley, as UK banking regulators continue to investigate exactly what his relationship was with the late Jeffrey Epstein. The
reports that Barclays will be holding back up to $29 million in bonus and share payouts to its former CEO, who resigned...
Feb 15, 2022 12:27 PM CST
Priest Resigns After 20-Year-Long Semantics Error
Rev. Andres Arango of Phoenix used the word 'we' instead of 'I' in baptisms, rendering all invalid
- If you or any of your children have been baptized in San Diego, Arizona, or Brazil over the past two decades, you might want to check who the presiding pastor was at that purification ceremony. That's because the Rev. Andres Arango, a priest in the Diocese of Phoenix, has...
Who'd Hoped to
Feb 8, 2022 9:35 AM CST
Peloton CEO Who'd Hoped to 'Disrupt' Industry Stepping Down
Co-founder John Foley is leaving chief executive role, but he's not completely riding off into sunset
- The co-founder of Peloton is stepping down as chief executive after an extended streak of tumult at the exercise and treadmill company. John Foley first pitched the idea of an interactive exercise bike in 2011, hoping to disrupt the industry. Now, he'll give up his CEO position and become...
Undisclosed Work Romance
Costs Jeff Zucker His Job
Feb 2, 2022 10:39 AM CST
Undisclosed Work Romance Costs Jeff Zucker His Job
CNN president resigns
This story has been updated with new details about Zucker's resignation:
Jeff Zucker resigned as CNN president Wednesday after disclosing a relationship with a co-worker. CNN has this from a memo sent to employees around 11am ET: "As part of the investigation into Chris Cuomo's tenure at...
Bank Leader Resigns
Over COVID Breach
Jan 17, 2022 10:25 AM CST
Bank Leader Resigns Over COVID Breach
Credit Suisse Chairman Antonio Horta-Osorio reportedly traveled despite quarantine rules
- Credit Suisse said Monday that its chairman has resigned following an internal investigation that reportedly found he violated quarantine rules intended to fight the COVID-19 pandemic, per the AP . The resignation of Antonio Horta-Osorio, a British-Portuguese national who took the job barely eight months ago, was announced shortly after midnight...
Virginia Professor Who Studies
Pedophilia Resigns After Uproar
Nov 25, 2021 10:50 AM CST
Virginia Professor Who Studies Pedophilia Resigns After Uproar
Allyn Walker, Old Dominion University to part ways
- An assistant professor of criminal justice and sociology at Virginia's Old Dominion University will part ways with the school after their research on "minor-attracted people" (or MAPs) generated outrage. NBC News reports Allyn Walker published the book
A Long, Dark Shadow: Minor-Attracted People and Their Pursuit of Dignity
Aired: 'Not Sure
How We Can Stay'
Nov 22, 2021 8:11 AM CST
After Tucker Carlson Trailer Aired: 'Not Sure How We Can Stay'
Fox News contributors Jonah Goldberg, Stephen Hayes quit over Carlson's series about Jan. 6 riot
- Liz Cheney, Adam Kinzinger, and Geraldo Rivera have all blasted Tucker Carlson's
, a controversial program about the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol that streamed on Fox Nation. Now, add two Fox News contributors to that list—or, rather, former Fox News contributors. The
New York Times
Prepares Run for Office
Oct 14, 2021 9:45 AM CDT
, Prepares Run for Office
2-time Pulitzer winner is gearing up for governor's race in Oregon
Nicholas Kristof is shifting from columnist to politician. The longtime
New York Times
opinion writer is leaving the newspaper as he considers a run for governor in Oregon, per the
. "This has been my dream job, even with malaria, a plane crash in Congo and periodic arrests...
Oct 2, 2021 6:00 AM CDT
Ozy Makes Announcement With 'Heaviest of Hearts'
Digital media company is shutting down after week of bombshell reports, controversies
A "strange chapter" in the media world has come to a close. That's per the
New York Times
, which reports that Ozy Media, the digital media firm it had dropped a bombshell report on earlier in the week, is shuttering. "It is ... with the heaviest of...
Alibaba Manager Accused
of Rape Is Released
Sep 7, 2021 11:59 AM CDT
Alibaba Manager Accused of Rape Is Released
Authorities in China say his 'forcible indecency' does not constitute a crime
Authorities in China on Monday dropped a rape case against a former manager at Alibaba, saying that his actions did not constitute a crime, reports the
New York Times
. The man was released after 15 days of detention. He had been arrested after a female Alibaba employee went public...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Brittney Griner Freed by Russia, but at a 'Heavy Price'
Man Who Stood Up Wife at Airport Found 10 Years Later
Restaurant Axed Reservation After Staff Looked Up Group
Palace 'Might Be Relieved' by Harry & Meghan Series
All Nantucket Beaches Are Now Topless Beaches
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.