Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Cause of Death Revealed
Jan 19, 2022 12:37 AM CST
Sidney Poitier's Cause of Death Revealed
'Guess Who's Coming to Dinner' star died earlier this month at 94
Sidney Poitier's death certificate reveals that the renowned actor died of heart failure. Alzheimer’s dementia and prostate cancer were also listed as underlying health issues, CNN reports.
Our original story from Jan. 7 follows:
George Clooney Has
a Big Ask of the Media
Nov 6, 2021 9:15 AM CDT
George Clooney Has a Big Ask of the Media
Star doesn't want pics of his kids' faces being published, especially by the UK's 'Daily Mail'
- George Clooney understands that, as one of the most famous actors in the world, he's going to occasionally be photographed while out in public. As for his two young kids, however, they should be off-limits, a plea he made Thursday in an open letter to the media. The BBC...
From Bob Odenkirk,
Aug 7, 2021 6:30 AM CDT
From Bob Odenkirk, Another Update
'Better Call Saul' star says he's 'doing great,' makes poignant movie reference
- If Bob Odenkirk's words of assurance last week that he was going to be OK after suffering a "small heart attack" weren't enough to calm your nerves, let his latest update offer even more of a salve. The 58-year-old
Better Call Saul
Lizzo Said She
With Star's Baby.
Aug 4, 2021 8:33 AM CDT
Lizzo Said She Was Pregnant With Star's Baby. He Responds
Singer, actor Chris Evans thrill fans with joke posts on obviously fake pregnancy
calls it "the best pregnancy news that never happened." We call it confirmation of how much we love Lizzo and Chris Evans. It started with a TikTok video posted last week by the 33-year-old "Good as Hell" singer, in which she said she wanted...
Amy Schumer's Comment on
Krasinski Film Raises Eyebrows
Jun 1, 2021 9:55 AM CDT
Amy Schumer's Comment on Krasinski Film Raises Eyebrows
Comedian notes 'Quiet Place II' director's 'pretend marriage' to Emily Blunt, though it seems like a joke
- John Krasinski's
A Quiet Place Part II
is enjoying as much acclaim as the first installation released in 2018, with one big fan in particular noting her adoration of the tense horror film. CNN notes that after Amy Schumer recently saw the movie, which stars Krasinksi's wife, Emily...
These Celebs Should Get
Vaccinated in Public
Dec 14, 2020 11:58 AM CST
These Celebs Should Get Vaccinated in Public
Donald Fagen of Steely Dan makes the list at the Verge
- Now that COVID vaccinations have begun in the US, the Verge thinks certain celebrities should get their shots in public as a way of encouraging fans to do the same. After all, it worked when Elvis got his polio vaccination on TV in 1956, writes Nicole Wetsman. The list has...
These 4 Figures Now Have
Something Big in Common
Dec 2, 2020 10:20 AM CST
These 4 Figures Now Have Something Big in Common
Dr. Fauci, George Clooney, Regina King, Selena Gomez are 'People' mag's 'People of the Year'
magazine has named George Clooney, Dr. Anthony Fauci, Selena Gomez, and Regina King as its 2020 "People of the Year." The magazine revealed its list Wednesday morning as part of a year-end double issue with four covers. The four will be celebrated for their positive impact in...
Power Sports Couple
Calls It Quits
Jul 17, 2020 2:50 PM CDT
Power Sports Couple Calls It Quits
Aaron Rodgers and Danica Patrick have split
- Aaron Rodgers and Danica Patrick are no more. The Green Bay Packers quarterback and retired race car driver have split after more than two years together, Patrick's rep confirmed to
. Fans started becoming suspicious something was up last weekend, when Patrick, 38, didn't accompany the 36-year-old Rodgers...
May 24, 2020 3:45 PM CDT
Hilary Duff Calls Online Conspiracy 'Disgusting'
The 'Lizzie McGuire' alum pushes back against a harsh accusation
- Hilary Duff unloaded on Internet conspiracy theorists Saturday after she was accused—without evidence—of trafficking in children,
reports. "Everyone bored af right now I know..but this is actually disgusting," the singer/actress tweeted . "Whoever dreamed this one up and put this garbage into the universe...
Gal Gadot Tried
to Cheer Us
Up About Virus.
Mar 19, 2020 9:20 AM CDT
Gal Gadot Tried to Cheer Us Up About Virus. It Flopped
Most online commenters didn't seem to care for her celebrity-studded cover of John Lennon's 'Imagine'
- Gal Gadot obviously meant well—but her attempt to instill some hope amid the coronavirus outbreak isn't going over quite as planned. The
notes that the
star gathered a bunch of celebrities together to make a cover of John Lennon's "Imagine" to "lift...
Britain Errantly Posts
Celebrities' Home Addresses
Dec 29, 2019 11:01 AM CST
Britain Errantly Posts Celebrities' Home Addresses
Online list included 1,000 honorees, some in defense jobs
- British officials have apologized after mistakenly publishing the home addresses of more than 1,000 people who received special honors, including singers Elton John and Olivia Newton-John. The list included Oscar-winning film directors, senior politicians and diplomats, prominent athletes and people in sensitive defense roles. The addresses were published online...
Helen Hunt's SUV
Then, a Slam
Oct 17, 2019 7:30 AM CDT
Helen Hunt's SUV Almost Cleared the Intersection. Then, a Slam
'Mad About You' star appears to be OK after frightening accident in Los Angeles
- Helen Hunt was smack in the middle of a nasty car accident this week in Los Angeles, though the
Mad About You
actress is said to be relatively OK. An LAPD spokesperson tells
that the accident took place in LA's Mid-City neighborhood, and TMZ has obtained...
Man Who Shared 'Secret
Sex Lives of the Stars' Has Died
Oct 16, 2019 10:10 AM CDT
Man Who Shared 'Secret Sex Lives of the Stars' Has Died
Scotty Bowers was a self-described Hollywood 'fixer'
- Scotty Bowers, a self-described Hollywood "fixer" whose memoir offered sensational accounts of the sex lives of such celebrities as Katharine Hepburn, Cary Grant, and the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, has died. He was 96. Bowers' agent, David Kuhn, said he died Sunday of natural causes at his home...
Michael Jackson Cried Talking
to Brando About His Sex Life
Aug 30, 2019 2:10 PM CDT
Michael Jackson Cried Talking to Brando About His Sex Life
At least according to an upcoming podcast
- Seems Marlon Brando once asked Michael Jackson about his sex life, and the pop star became surprisingly emotional. In
Telephone Stories: The Trials of Michael Jackson
, host Brandon Ogborn reads from a transcript of Brando talking to prosecutors in 1994 about sex-abuse accusations against the pop icon. "It's...
Young Son of Country Singer
Dies in 'a Tragic Accident'
Jun 6, 2019 4:45 PM CDT
Young Son of Country Singer Dies in 'a Tragic Accident'
Other stars post condolences
- Country singer Granger Smith and his wife, Amber, have announced the death of their 3-year-old son, River, CNN reports. "Our family is devastated and heartbroken," Smith posted Thursday on Instagram , saying that their son could not be revived by doctors after "a tragic accident." His wife...
State Over New
Mar 30, 2019 9:48 AM CDT
Celebs Threaten State Over New Abortion Bill
Alyssa Milano spearheads petition against Georgia's 'heartbeat' bill
- Hollywood has Georgia on its mind—and not in a good way. Fifty actors have signed a petition threatening to urge film and TV production away from the state if it passes a new abortion bill, the Huffington Post reports. Alyssa Milano spearheaded the petition, which says "billions of...
Celeb Galpals Get Wild
With Guys at Nightclub
Mar 24, 2019 2:05 PM CDT
Celeb Galpals Get Wild With Guys at Nightclub
Adele and Jennifer Lawrence know how to cut loose
- Two celeb galpals got so wild at a gay hotspot Friday they ended up rolling around on the floor, the New York
reports. Adele and Jennifer Lawrence blew off steam by downing a few drinks, shooting selfies, and hugging shirtless guys at the West Village bar Pieces. One...
Celebs Lose Houses
in Cali Wildfire
Nov 11, 2018 3:15 PM CST
Celebs Lose Houses in Cali Wildfire
Gerard Butler came home to charred ruins
- With fires ravaging California—and the death toll reaching 23 in the Camp Fire near Sacramento—even celebrities are seeing their homes threatened or burned to the ground,
reports. Among celebs who lost homes in the 70,000-acre Woolsey Fire in Malibu are Gerard Butler, who tweeted a photo...
China, Said to Be
in case you missed it
Sep 15, 2018 10:45 AM CDT
Actress Vanished in China, Said to Be 'Under Control'
Fan Bingbing, rumored to be nabbed for tax evasion, got 0% 'socially responsible' rating
- Academics at Beijing Normal University recently compiled a report ranking how "socially responsible" Chinese celebrities are, and China's highest-paid actress , Fan Bingbing, received a 0% rating—which would be eyebrow-raising enough, except that Fan has also gone missing. The BBC reports the 36-year-old
actress, model, and singer...
Female Celebs Get
Raw Deal at the Beach
Aug 17, 2018 1:03 PM CDT
Female Celebs Get Raw Deal at the Beach
If they go, they're automatically accused of 'flaunting,' complains columnist
- Columnist Monica Hesse at the
has had it with a very common type of headline—the ones you see about female celebs "flaunting" their body at the beach. They're not hard to find, like so , and so , and so . Next time you come across one, pay...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
19 Elementary School Students, 2 Adults Dead in Texas Shooting
'She Is Gone,' Texas Man Sobbed Into Phone
FBI Reportedly Foils ISIS Plot to Kill Bush in Texas
Woman Accuses Pastor in Front of His Church
Woody Harrelson Movie Gets 8-Minute Ovation at Cannes
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.