Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
As Canada's Truckers Fight
Vax Mandate, Musk Picks Sides
Jan 28, 2022 1:18 PM CST
As Canada's Truckers Fight Vax Mandate, Musk Picks Sides
'Canadian truckers rule' was Tesla CEO's tweet as drivers headed to Ottawa protest
- Elon Musk has been inserting himself lately into conversations about crypto , but the Tesla and SpaceX CEO shifted gears late in the week to lend support to an entirely different cause. "Canadian truckers rule" was his thumbs-up tweet Thursday, directed toward big-rig drivers headed toward Ottawa for an anti-vaccine...
Spotify Says It's
Taking Down All
Neil Young's Music
Jan 26, 2022 5:57 PM CST
Spotify Says It's Taking Down All Neil Young's Music
Rocker wanted it pulled to protest Joe Rogan's COVID misinformation
: Spotify says it is removing Neil Young's music from its platform as per his request. The rocker said Monday that he wanted his music pulled to protest Joe Rogan's podcast and other COVID misinformation on Spotify. "We regret Neil’s decision to remove his music from...
'Lot of Infections'
From Omicron After
4th Dose: Trial
Jan 18, 2022 7:27 AM CST
'Lot of Infections' From Omicron After 4th Dose: Trial
In preliminary study from Israel, the first of its kind, antibodies rise after 2nd booster, infections persist
- Preliminary results are in on a clinical trial testing the efficacy of a fourth COVID shot, the world's first, and when it comes to omicron, that booster isn't doing the job researchers had hoped for. The
Times of Israel
reports that, in a study that began last month...
Anti-Vax Dad Has Been
Hiding Girl, 7, for Months
Jan 13, 2022 10:35 AM CST
Anti-Vax Dad Has Been Hiding Girl, 7, for Months
Canada's Michael Jackson defying court orders in effort to 'protect' daughter from vaccine
- A Canadian woman says she hasn't seen her 7-year-old daughter in two months since the girl's father took her away to prevent her receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, despite two court orders mandating her return. Mariecar Jackson of Regina, Sask., is pleading for help in locating her daughter Sarah,...
Teacher in Hot
Water After Video:
'There You Go,
in case you missed it
Jan 9, 2022 9:30 AM CST
Teacher in Hot Water After Video: 'There You Go, At-Home Vaccine'
Laura Russo arrested after allegedly giving COVID vaccine to son's 17-year-old pal
- A Long Island high school science teacher accused of administering a COVID vaccine to a teen in her home is in trouble with her school district and the law. The
reports that Laura Russo, a 54-year-old biology teacher for Herricks Public Schools, was arrested for unauthorized practice of...
New Details Emerge in
Djokovic's Detention Case
Jan 8, 2022 6:00 AM CST
New Details Emerge in Djokovic's Detention Case
Serbian tennis star, facing deportation in Australia, had COVID last month, lawyers say in court filing
- The mystery of whether or not Novak Djokovic has actually received the coronavirus vaccine has now been cleared up, and we now also know more about his experiences with COVID. On Saturday, his lawyers submitted court documents that revealed the 34-year-old Serbian tennis star had had COVID in December and...
Amid Aussie Mess, Djokovic
Has a Message for Fans
Jan 7, 2022 12:09 PM CST
Amid Aussie Mess, Djokovic Has a Message for Fans
Serbian tennis star is feeling the love as he tries to clear up visa/vaccine hubbub before Australian Open
- Novak Djokovic still isn't revealing whether he's been vaccinated, but he's now speaking out to family and fans supporting him as he's caught up in a visa commotion Down Under. The Serbian tennis star, who was denied entry to Australia this week ahead of the Australian...
Biden's Vaccine Mandates
in Hands of Supreme Court
Jan 7, 2022 10:55 AM CST
Biden's Vaccine Mandates in Hands of Supreme Court
Ruling could come within days, or perhaps weeks
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration states the federal vaccination or testing requirements for businesses with 100 or more employees, affecting more than 84 million workers, will push 22 million people to get vaccinated, save more than 6,500 lives, and prevent 250,000 hospitalizations owing to COVID-19 over the...
Man Allegedly Attacks
'Murderers' at Vaccine Clinic
Jan 5, 2022 3:35 PM CST
Man Allegedly Attacks 'Murderers' at Vaccine Clinic
Staffer ends up in the ER, and Thomas Apollo was arrested in Orange County
- The COVID situation turned ugly in California's Orange County last week, with a man arrested and accused of attacking workers at a vaccine clinic. Staffers at the Families Together mobile clinic in Tustin say the man began calling them "murderers" and perpetrators of a COVID hoax from the...
Tech Firm Mogul's Antisemitic
Email: 'Jews Are Behind This'
Jan 5, 2022 9:25 AM CST
Tech Firm Mogul's Antisemitic Email: 'Jews Are Behind This'
Entrata's Dave Bateman resigns from board after tying Jewish people to vaccine conspiracy theory
- "I write this email knowing that many of you will think I'm crazy after reading it." That's how Utah tech entrepreneur and GOP fundraiser Dave Bateman started off his message to state leaders and members of the tech industry on Tuesday, suggesting he had at least...
FDA: Fine to Get Booster
After Just 5 Months
Jan 3, 2022 9:35 AM CST
FDA: Fine to Get Booster After Just 5 Months
It also now recommends boosters for kids 12 to 15
- The US is expanding COVID-19 boosters as it confronts the omicron surge, with the FDA allowing extra Pfizer shots for children as young as 12. Boosters already are recommended for everyone 16 and older, and federal regulators on Monday decided they're also warranted for 12- to 15-year-olds once enough...
Dec 23, 2021 1:07 PM CST
Trump Stops Anti-Vaccine Talk During Interview
'The ones who get very sick ... are the ones that don't take the vaccine,' he tells Candace Owens
- Donald Trump is keeping up his public comments in support of COVID vaccines , despite pushback from his own supporters. The latest example came during a back-and-forth between the former president and conservative media personality Candace Owens on a Wednesday episode of
from the Daily Wire. When Owens questioned why...
Scientists Playing 'Long Game'
Have Big Vaccine News
Dec 22, 2021 6:21 AM CST
Scientists Playing 'Long Game' Have Big Vaccine News
US Army researchers say they have a COVID vaccine that fights all variants, even future ones
- With the chaotic entry of omicron onto the pandemic stage, there's concern that current vaccines may not be as effective against this variant as they were against others. Which is why news out of the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research is especially noteworthy: Defense One reports that scientists...
Trump: I Got My Booster
Dec 20, 2021 12:21 PM CST
Trump: I Got My Booster
Remark is met with some booing at event with Bill O'Reilly
- Only about one-third of the US population has received a COVID booster shot, notes the
, but one of the recipients has a particularly high profile. Donald Trump said Sunday that he received his third shot, reports
. The reveal came during a public forum with former Fox anchor...
on COVID: 'Help'
Dec 20, 2021 9:20 AM CST
Ohio Hospitals' One-Word Plea on COVID: 'Help'
Medical centers in Cleveland area, Minnesota beg people to get vaxxed in major newspaper ads
- One word dominates a full-page advertisement that appeared in Sunday's
, Ohio's biggest newspaper. "Help," reads the bold-font plea, surrounded by white space, smack in the middle of the ad placed by the heads of six of the Cleveland area's medical facilities to try...
Back in Play
Dec 18, 2021 7:45 AM CST
Federal Appeals Court Puts Biden Mandate Back in Play
6th US Circuit Court of Appeals frees up vaccine, testing rule for businesses with 100-plus workers
- As some states continue to push back on the Biden administration's vaccine mandate for private employers, the president saw a victory on that front Friday after a federal appeals court reinstated the vaccine and testing requirement for businesses, reports CNBC . The ruling by the 6th US Circuit Court of...
With This Year's Flu Vaccine,
a 'Major Mismatch'
Dec 17, 2021 8:35 AM CST
With This Year's Flu Vaccine, a 'Major Mismatch'
Scientists say vax isn't helping much to prevent infection, but can still fend off serious illness, death
- Health experts, including those at the CDC , are urging the public to not only get vaccinated against COVID, but also against the flu. New research suggests, however, that one of the main strains of the influenza virus that's now going around has mutated, and that this year's flu...
Kroger Cuts a Key Benefit
for Unvaccinated Workers
Dec 16, 2021 1:26 PM CST
Kroger Cuts a Key Benefit for Unvaccinated Workers
They'll no longer receive COVID sick pay
- To boost employee vaccination rates earlier this year, Kroger used the carrot—a $100 bonus for every fully vaccinated worker. Now, it's going for the stick. The grocery giant says it will end some benefits for unvaccinated employees and bring in insurance surcharges as of Jan. 1, the
Guy Posing as
Others May Have
Jabs in a Day
Dec 14, 2021 10:15 AM CST
Guy Posing as Others May Have Received 10 Jabs in a Day
New Zealand health authorities won't alter vaccine rules and start asking for photo ID
- Health authorities in New Zealand are investigating claims that a man received up to 10 COVID-19 vaccination doses in a single day while posing as other people. To receive a vaccine, New Zealanders need only give their name, date of birth, and address. To aid accessibility, photo identification isn't...
NYC Getting One of Nation's
Toughest Vaccine Mandates
Dec 6, 2021 10:50 AM CST
NYC Getting One of Nation's Toughest Vaccine Mandates
De Blasio imposes rule on private sector employers
- All private employers in New York City will have to require their workers to get vaccinated against COVID-19, the mayor said Monday, imposing one of the most aggressive vaccine rules in the nation. The move by Mayor Bill de Blasio comes as cases are climbing again in the US and...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
After 24-Hour Treatment, Frogs Started Regrowing Lost Limbs
After Bridge Collapses, a Human Chain Forms
Retrieval of Sunken F35 Is 'Vitally Important' for US
Buffalo Bills Have Fans Arrested Over Their Vaccine Cards
Michael Madsen: Son's Death Is 'Mind-Blowing'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.