Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
King Asks Harry, Meghan
to Vacate UK Property
Mar 1, 2023 4:58 PM CST
King Asks Harry, Meghan to Vacate UK Property
Queen had let the couple live in Frogmore Cottage before the move to California
- Britain's King Charles wants his house back. His son, Prince Harry, and his wife, Meghan, have been asked to vacate Frogmore Cottage, the BBC reports. Buckingham Palace issued no comment, but a spokesperson for Harry and Meghan confirmed the eviction. The late Queen Elizabeth II, Harry's grandmother, gave...
'I'm Sure' That
Photo Isn't Real
Jan 23, 2023 1:33 AM CST
Ghislaine Maxwell: 'I'm Sure' That Prince Andrew Photo Isn't Real
Jeffrey Epstein's former companion gives a jailhouse interview
- Ghislaine Maxwell did an interview with TalkTV back in August, and the UK broadcaster is airing it Monday night. But an explosive quote from Maxwell, who is serving 20 years for helping Jeffrey Epstein traffic and sexually abuse girls, has already been aired in a preview of the sit-down, the...
Dec 25, 2022 9:35 AM CST
King Charles Evicts Andrew
Disgraced royal will no longer be allowed to use Buckingham Palace
- Looks like Prince Andrew is homeless for the holidays. Or at least as homeless as someone cleaved to the British taxpayer's purse strings by birthright can be: Big brother King Charles III wasted little time in his nascent reign in kicking Andrew out of Buckingham Palace, reports the
Ghislaine Maxwell Speaks
in Jailhouse Interviews
Oct 16, 2022 6:49 AM CDT
Ghislaine Maxwell Speaks in Jailhouse Interviews
She says she pities her 'dear friend' Prince Andrew
- As he has fought off allegations of sexual impropriety from years past, Prince Andrew has maintained that he was never close friends with Ghislaine Maxwell . But in one of two jailhouse interviews, Maxwell—now a convicted sex trafficker thanks to her association with Jeffrey Epstein—says quite the opposite. "...
Andrew Doesn't Catch a Break
During Funeral Procession
Sep 13, 2022 8:45 AM CDT
Andrew Doesn't Catch a Break During Funeral Procession
'You're a sick old man!' spectator yelled out to prince in Edinburgh, shortly before being arrested
- If Prince Andrew thought he was going to get a reprieve from public rebuke with the death of his mother, it didn't happen. Although most spectators who converged Monday upon the Royal Mile in Edinburgh, Scotland, for Queen Elizabeth II's funeral procession were respectful, one man was arrested...
Harry, Meghan Won't Be on
Queen's Balcony for Celebration
May 6, 2022 12:55 PM CDT
Harry, Meghan Won't Be on Queen's Balcony for Celebration
Neither will Andrew at Platinum Jubilee, as all 3 no longer have royal duties
- In June, the United Kingdom will celebrate Queen Elizabeth's Platinum Jubilee , a commemoration of her status as the only British monarch ever to have put in 70 years on the throne. And there will be four very special guests in attendance: Prince Harry, his wife Meghan Markle, and their...
'Vote of Support'
to Prince Andrew
Mar 29, 2022 11:51 AM CDT
Queen Gives 'Vote of Support' to Prince Andrew
He escorted Queen ahead of Tuesday's memorial service for Prince Philip
- Queen Elizabeth II shrugged off recent health issues to attend a memorial service for her husband, Prince Philip, at Westminster Abbey on Tuesday, entering the cavernous church through a side door to shorten the distance to her seat. The monarch entered the abbey on the arm of her second son,...
Andrew Settles With Accuser,
Slams Epstein in Court Filing
Feb 15, 2022 1:20 PM CST
Andrew Settles With Accuser, Slams Epstein in Court Filing
But the prince admits no wrongdoing in case involving Virginia Giuffre
(This file has been updated throughout with new details.)
It looks like Prince Andrew won't be going to trial . The prince's lawyer said Tuesday that a settlement has been reached with Virginia Giuffre, the woman who accused Andrew of sexually assaulting her decades ago when she was...
Tells Judge He
Wants Jury Trial
Jan 26, 2022 4:32 PM CST
Prince Andrew Tells Judge He Wants Jury Trial
Filing denies allegations in Virginia Giuffre's lawsuit, seeks dismissal
- Britain's Prince Andrew issued fresh denials in a court filing Wednesday in which he "demands a trial by jury" in the sexual assault lawsuit facing him in New York. The document answers accusations in Virginia Giuffre's suit, CNN reports. The denials respond to accusations that Andrew conspired...
Lawyer: Key Witness in
Prince Andrew Case Will Testify
Jan 18, 2022 2:17 PM CST
Lawyer: Key Witness in Prince Andrew Case Will Testify
Woman says she saw prince in London nightclub with Virginia Giuffre
- Yet more bad legal news for Prince Andrew: A woman who says she saw Prince Andrew in a London nightclub with a young girl believed to Virginia Giuffre is willing to testify in Giuffre's lawsuit against him, her lawyer says. Lisa Bloom tells the
that her client, Shukri...
Queen Delivers a Royal
Rebuke to Prince Andrew
Jan 13, 2022 11:53 AM CST
Queen Delivers a Royal Rebuke to Prince Andrew
He is stripped of military duties and patronages
- As a sexual assault case against Prince Andrew continues, so do the ramifications: He has been stripped of his military duties and charity work, reports CNN . Buckingham Palace said Thursday that Andrew's military affiliations and royal patronages have been returned to Queen Elizabeth II with her “approval and...
Ruling Puts Prince Andrew
on Path to Civil Trial
Jan 12, 2022 4:23 PM CST
Ruling Puts Prince Andrew on Path to Civil Trial
Judge decides Giuffre's earlier settlement doesn't keep royal from being sued
- Britain's Prince Andrew has almost run out of possibilities for keeping Virginia Giuffre's sexual abuse lawsuit against him from going to trial. US District Judge Lewis Kaplan in New York on Wednesday turned down Andrew's request to dismiss the case because of the terms of a 2009...
Jan 3, 2022 4:34 PM CST
Epstein Paid $500K to Giuffre in Lawsuit
Prince Andrew's accusers say the terms shield him from legal action
- The terms of a 2009 settlement between Jeffrey Epstein and an accuser, Virginia Giuffre, have been unsealed by a federal court considering her current sexual abuse lawsuit against Britain's Prince Andrew. The documents show Epstein paid Giuffre $500,000 to drop her suit, the
reports. Under the agreement,...
Judge Says Case Against
Prince Andrew Can Continue
Jan 2, 2022 6:30 AM CST
Judge Says Case Against Prince Andrew Can Continue
Rejects argument regarding Virginia Giuffre's residency
- Prince Andrew’s effort to immediately block the progression of a lawsuit by a woman who says he sexually assaulted her when she was 17—on the grounds that she no longer lives in the US— was rejected by a federal judge as oral arguments were set to proceed Monday...
British Royal Asks US Judge
to Dismiss Abuse Lawsuit
Oct 30, 2021 12:15 PM CDT
British Royal Asks US Judge to Dismiss Abuse Lawsuit
Prince Andrew says he's innocent, and also covered by 2009 settlement
- Prince Andrew’s lawyers are asking for a lawsuit against him in the US to be dismissed. Virginia Roberts Giuffre is suing the British royal in New York, CNN reports. The prince denies the allegations—and also says the lawsuit violates the terms of an existing settlement agreement that allowed...
Prince Andrew Gets
Good News From UK Police
Oct 11, 2021 7:55 AM CDT
Prince Andrew Gets Good News From UK Police
London cops complete review of case, won't take it further
- "This review has concluded and we are taking no further action." For Prince Andrew these days, that statement from London's Metropolitan Police Service qualifies as good news. Back in August, the police agency said it would review its previous handling of sexual abuse allegations against the prince,...
in the US
Sep 21, 2021 7:37 AM CDT
Prince Andrew Gets Served, This Time in the US
Virginia Giuffre accuses him of sexual assault
Lawyers for an accuser of Prince Andrew say they he has again been served with a sexual assault lawsuit, this time in the US. Attorneys for Virginia Giuffre sent the papers to Andrew's attorney in Los Angeles, Andrew Brettler, via email and FedEX, and both were received on...
Sep 11, 2021 6:00 AM CDT
Sex Abuse Case Against Andrew May Have Just Advanced
Legal team for accuser says papers in civil case were delivered to prince's UK residence on Aug. 27
- The civil case against Prince Andrew by a woman who claims he sexually abused her when she was a minor can't go forward until a US judge determines that legal papers have been served upon the prince. Now, it looks like that initial step may have been taken. The...
Lawsuit: Prince Andrew
Sexually Abused 17-Year-Old
Aug 10, 2021 12:07 AM CDT
Lawsuit: Prince Andrew Sexually Abused 17-Year-Old
Virginia Roberts Giuffre accuses royal of assaulting her multiple times
- Virginia Roberts Giuffre filed a lawsuit Monday accusing Britain's Prince Andrew of sexually abusing her multiple times when she was 17—at the suggestion of his friend, convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. The federal suit was filed in New York, ABC reports, only days before a state law expires...
Beatrice Took 'Something
Borrowed' to New Heights
Jul 19, 2020 7:19 AM CDT
Beatrice Took 'Something Borrowed' to New Heights
It appears the queen loaned her granddaughter a dress she once wore to a movie premier
- Princess Beatrice quietly got married to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi in a dress in which she could have rejoined any compliments with, "what, this old thing?" The dress—ahem, "a vintage Peau De Soie taffeta dress, in shades of ivory by Norman Hartnell ... trimmed with duchess satin and encrusted...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
A 'Shocking' Find on Trading Ahead of Hamas' Oct. 7 Attack
Fetterman Forks Over $343.20 for a Santos Troll Video
Canadian Entrepreneur, Philanthropist Found Dead With His Partner
Mackenzie Phillips: I Forgave Dad for Me, Not Him
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.