Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Wanted to Die,
to His Defense
Feb 21, 2020 12:35 PM CST
Bullied Boy Wanted to Die, Celebs Rallied to His Defense
Hugh Jackman, Enes Kanter among them
- "Give me a knife, I want to kill myself," a 9-year-old boy with dwarfism sobs in a heartbreaking video shared Tuesday by the boy's mother in an effort to raise awareness about bullying, which she says he suffers daily. Quaden Bayles of Queensland, Australia, is hopefully feeling...
Teen Confronts Bullies,
Meets Horrible Fate
Feb 8, 2020 10:00 AM CST
Teen Confronts Bullies, Meets Horrible Fate
Samuel Reynolds, 16, was murdered days later
- Samuel Reynolds was bold enough to fend off a bully. Days later, one of the kids involved allegedly pulled out a .40 caliber gun and shot him—dead. That's what police in Arlington, Texas, are saying about the 16-year-old who lost his life for doing the right thing, CNN...
'I Felt Like I
Was in Hell':
An Exposé of
Feb 1, 2020 4:00 PM CST
'I Felt Like I Was in Hell': An Exposé of Victoria's Secret
The New York Times interviews 50 company insiders about a 'toxic' culture
- Victoria's Secret has "Angels," but there was a devil too—and his name was Ed Razek. That's according to a
New York Times
article based on interviews with over 50 company insiders, who describe an established culture of harassment, bullying, and misogyny at the lingerie company....
Mom: I Was Brutally Beaten
on Way to Principal's Office
Jan 12, 2020 1:20 PM CST
Mom: I Was Brutally Beaten on Way to Principal's Office
Maria Guadalupe Jimenez says she wanted to report on bullying against her daughter
- A California mom says she was attacked earlier this week for trying to report bullying at her daughter's high school, the
San Francisco Chronicle
reports. Maria Guadalupe Jimenez was apparently trying to visit the principal at James Logan High School in Union City with her daughter and husband, when...
Boy's T-Shirt Design Leads to
in case you missed it
Dec 15, 2019 7:01 AM CST
Boy's T-Shirt Design Leads to 'Overwhelming' Results
University of Tennessee says it's raised nearly $1M for anti-bullying group
- A T-shirt designed by a bullied Florida fourth grader has helped raise nearly $1 million for an anti-bullying nonprofit. Back in September, the University of Tennessee got wind that the boy, a student in Altamonte Springs, had broken down in tears after classmates made fun of the homemade UT T-shirt...
Conway Denies Threatening
Reporter in Bitter Phone Call
Oct 25, 2019 8:06 AM CDT
Conway Denies Threatening Reporter in Bitter Phone Call
Listen yourself to conversation between Conway, 'Washington Examiner' journalist
- A DC journalist says Kellyanne Conway bullied and threatened her on a phone call, and the White House counselor is pushing back. Mediaite reports Conway was miffed about an article in which
reporter Caitlin Yilek wrote about her being considered for the White House chief of staff role...
Angry Parents Confront
Death of Boy, 13
Sep 27, 2019 3:25 AM CDT
Angry Parents Confront Superintendent After Death of Boy, 13
School is accused of failing to stop bullying
- The death of a 13-year-old boy attacked by two classmates has saddened, shocked, and angered parents in a California community. The boy, identified only as Diego, was attacked at Landmark Middle School in Moreno Valley on Sept. 16 and was pronounced clinically dead eight days later, CBS Los Angeles reports....
Boy, 10, Finished
Jan 23, 2019 5:22 PM CST
Boy, 10, Finished Homework, Then Hung Himself
Mom cites bullying complaints, plans to sue school district
- Tami Charles recalls seeing her son pray for the bullies she says tormented him at school. She only wishes such compassion was shown to him. Seven Bridges, 10, a fifth-grader at Kerrick Elementary in Louisville, Ky., finished a writing assignment and hung up his clothes, then died by hanging during...
for Bullying Goes Viral
Dec 6, 2018 2:05 PM CST
Dad's Punishment for Bullying Goes Viral
Ohio father made 10-year-old walk to school in cold weather, and filmed it
- When Matt Cox's daughter got suspended from riding the school bus for bullying—for the second time this school year—the Ohio father decided to take drastic action. Instead of driving her to school as she expected him to, Cox made her walk the five miles in 36-degree weather...
They Told Him to
Lie in the Water.
They Used Him
as a Bridge
Nov 13, 2018 10:30 AM CST
They Told Him to Lie in the Water. They Used Him as a Bridge
High school, police investigating incident involving Nova Scotia boy with cerebral palsy
- Canadian police are investigating after a boy with cerebral palsy was forced to lie down in a stream so students could walk over him. A Facebook video viewed 300,000 times shows 14-year-old Brett Corbett acting as a human bridge across the waterway outside Nova Scotia's Glace Bay High...
Officials Say Bullying Led
to NC School Shooting
Oct 30, 2018 4:28 AM CDT
Officials Say Bullying Led to NC School Shooting
'As fear took over, a young person brought a gun to solve the problems'
- A 16-year-old boy is dead and another is facing a first-degree murder charge after a school shooting that officials say was the result of "out of control" bullying. Police say Jatwan Craig Cuffie was taken into custody after Bobby McKeithen was fatally shot during a fight early Monday in...
Melania: Some White House
Staffers Aren't to Be Trusted
Oct 11, 2018 8:12 AM CDT
Melania: Some White House Staffers Aren't to Be Trusted
'You always need to watch your back'
- Melania Trump has doubts about some of the people who rub elbows with her husband in the West Wing. She thinks there are people there he can't trust, the first lady tells ABC News ' Tom Llamas in a clip from an interview filmed during her trip to Africa....
Ariana Grande Shuts It Down
Sep 8, 2018 6:00 PM CDT
Ariana Grande Shuts It Down
The singer was blamed on Instagram for Mac Miller's death
- Ariana Grande has had enough. Blamed by some Instagram followers for ex-boyfriend Mac Miller's death on Friday, the 25-year-old disabled comments on her social media feed, reports
. Commenters hurled lowballs like "You lowkey evil," "Damn u killed the homie," and "I HOPE YOURE...
Sep 4, 2018 1:24 PM CDT
Toddlers Can Spot This Unflattering Trait
Study suggests they can distinguish between bullies and authentic leaders
- A new study suggests that even toddlers know the difference between an authentic leader and a bully—and they're willing to defy the bully if they can safely do so. The study out of the University of Illinois and published in the
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
Mom: 9-Year-Old Killed Himself
After Being Bullied for 4 Days
Aug 28, 2018 6:33 AM CDT
Mom: 9-Year-Old Killed Himself After Being Bullied for 4 Days
Jamel Myles started 4th grade on Monday, was dead on Thursday
- The Denver Police Department is investigating a Thursday death in the city as a suicide, and the deceased is a child. KDVR reports on the death of 9-year-old Jamel Myles; mom Leia Pierce says her son started fourth grade at Joe Shoemaker Elementary School last Monday and took his own...
Miss America: This Is
How Bad the Bullying Got
Aug 25, 2018 2:05 PM CDT
Miss America: This Is How Bad the Bullying Got
Cara Mund details her accusations as a former Miss Denver takes her side
- "The treatment just kept getting worse and I kept thinking to myself, 'Is it my fault?'" That's Miss America Cara Mund talking about the alleged mistreatment she endured at the hands of two top officials at the pageant organization, per the
. Alleged bully...
Is Accused of
Aug 11, 2018 4:35 PM CDT
'People Were Terrified': Empathy Expert Is Accused of Bullying
Tania Singer takes a sabbatical amid flurry of workplace stories
- A celebrated neuroscientist known for her work on human empathy is now being called a workplace bully who can reduce colleagues to tears, the Cut reports. Tania Singer, director of the Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences in Leipzig, Germany, has taken a sabbatical to "calm...
Critics on Netflix's
Shut It Down
Jul 24, 2018 9:07 AM CDT
Critics on Netflix's 'Revenge Comedy': Shut It Down
Some say 'Insatiable,' about a once-overweight teen, engages in 'body shaming'
- The trailer for a new Netflix show dropped last week, but instead of generating excitement, it has spurred a petition calling for the show's cancellation. More than 113,000 people have signed the Change.org appeal to nix
, starring Disney Channel darling Debby Ryan as a once-obese teen,...
Her Principal Gave
Her a Poker Chip.
She Was Dead
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Jun 24, 2018 2:00 PM CDT
Her Principal Gave Her a Poker Chip. Hours Later, She Was Dead
Mallory Grossman's parents sue, say school's failures led to bullied 12-year-old taking her life
- "It changes your DNA," Dianne Grossman told reporters Tuesday. The New Jersey mother was speaking on the suicide of her 12-year-old daughter, Mallory, who died last June after what her parents say was a relentless bullying campaign by classmates at Copeland Middle School. Now, per the
Go on Trial
Jun 17, 2018 11:00 AM CDT
Ex-Bosses Go on Trial After Office Suicides
France Telecom's former CEO, Didier Lombard, is among them
- Several top executives of a French telecom are slated to stand trial for employees who killed themselves in what prosecutors have called a culture of "moral harassment," the BBC reports. France Telecom's former CEO, Didier Lombard, and six managers are facing $35,000 fines and two years...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Archbishop to Pelosi: No More Communion for You
Finland Won't Pay Gas Company in Rubles. Russia Hits Back
Tech Bigwig Was on Call on How to Contest Trump's Loss
First, 'Loud Noises on Their Lanai.' Then, a Surprise Visitor
His Startup Is About to Go Public. He's Also a Killer
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.