Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
As Circumcision Rates Fall, Health Care Costs Jump
Medicaid shouldn't drop procedure, researchers say
- American health care costs could be snipped significantly if the fall in circumcision rates was reversed, a new study claims. Around 55% of baby boys in the US are circumcised (down from 79% three decades ago), and 18 states have reduced funding for the procedure. If levels fall to Europe'...
Babies' Foreskins Could End Animal Testing in Labs
Could one day be used to create artificial corneas, too
- Babies' foreskins: The new wonder material? Maybe. They're already being used to make wrinkle creams , and now German scientists have developed a machine that uses the foreskin of young boys to grow artificial skin, reports the Local . For now, the researchers hope their innovation can be used for testing...
SF to Vote on Circumcision Ban
Ban on snipping under-18s makes it onto November ballot
- San Franciscans are indeed going to be the first American voters asked to decide on giving circumcision the chop. "Intactivists" have succeeded in getting a proposal to ban the circumcision of males under 18 onto the November ballot, reports the AP . The proposal would make performing a circumcision—even...
Babies' Foreskins Turned Into Beauty Products
Circumcisions also result in skin grafts for burn victims
- On the off chance you've ever wondered what happens to the leftover foreskins from babies' circumcisions, Christie Haskell at Cafe Mom has three words for you: "Penis wrinkle cream." Turns out the foreskin—"or more accurately, the fibroblasts from the cells of the foreskin"—can be...
Popular on Newser
Museum Visitor Realizes Where Long-Lost Painting Is
Trump's Twitter Password Was Pretty Easy to Guess
See the Moment Trump Ends 60 Minutes Interview
Democrats Use Visual Stunt as Barrett Vote Proceeds
Giuliani on That Borat Scene: 'I Was Tucking In My Shirt'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.