Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Abdul Fattah Younes
Aug 1, 2011 3:34 PM CDT
Libya Rebels Show Signs of Division
Tensions emerge amid questions over military commander's final hours
- Libyan rebels' battle yesterday against fighters they said were undercover Gadhafi loyalists was part of a larger trend of divisions among the rebels, following the death of their military leader , the
New York Times
reports. The rebels launched yesterday’s attack in an effort to root out armed groups...
Rebel Military Chief
in Libya Assassinated
Jul 28, 2011 5:36 PM CDT
Rebel Military Chief in Libya Assassinated
Abdel Fattah Younes is dead, but it's not clear who killed him
- The Libyan rebels’ military chief along with two of his top aides were shot and killed today, reports the BB . Rebels blamed Gadhafi loyalists and said they had made an arrest, but the circumstances surrounding the assassination of Abdel Fattah Younes remain murky. Younes had served as Gadhafi’s interior...
Apr 4, 2011 2:43 PM CDT
Libyan Rebel Commanders Can't Stand Each Other
'They behaved like children' at meeting
- As rebel fighters suffered battlefield defeats last week, the movement's ad-hoc leadership council called a meeting of its three top commanders and discovered something disheartening: They can’t stand each other. “They behaved like children,” committee head Fathi Baja tells the
New York Times
. What’s more, the...
Popular on Newser
Shooter's 'Death Note' Calls Out Walmart Workers
Paramedic Tried to Save Crash Victim, Later Learned It Was Her Girl
Man Solves 15-Year-Old Disneyland Riddle
Missing Cruise Passenger Turns Up Alive in Gulf Next Day
King's Secret Code Is Broken 500 Years Later
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.