Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
When You Eat May Be More
Important Than What You Eat
Mar 27, 2018 10:47 AM CDT
When You Eat May Be More Important Than What You Eat
Idea of TRF, or time-restricted feeding, is catching on
- It's beginning to look like a concept called TRF—or, time-restricted feeding—is going to be around for a while in the arena of diet and nutrition. The
has a feature on it, while the
Wall Street Journal
and others have covered it previously. The idea is...
3 Meals a Day:
Rooted in Bad
Mar 5, 2015 10:27 AM CST
3 Meals a Day: Rooted in Bad Science, Racism
Skip breakfast? Who cares: meal times are 'metabolically unimportant'
- Ever wonder why people bolt from their desks at noon and head for the local coffee shop or deli? Surely not everyone gets hungry at the same time, right? Well, the lunch tradition—in fact, the tradition of eating three meals a day—can be traced back as far as...
in the 'Clean
Jul 26, 2014 7:54 AM CDT
Almost Everyone's in the 'Clean Plate Club'
Adults eat 92% of whatever they put on the plate, study finds
- Feeling guilty about that huge serving you heaped onto your plate at dinner last night and promptly finished? You're not the only one who does it. New research published in the International Journal of Obesity finds that the average adult eats 92% of the food on his or her...
Portions Too Big?
Change Your Plate Color
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Jan 22, 2012 7:00 PM CST
Portions Too Big? Change Your Plate Color
Dish colors that match food lead to larger meals
- Trying to cut back on calories? Pay attention to the color of your plate. A new study reveals that people who use a dish that matches the color of the food they're eating will pile on more grub than if the plate is a different color, reports
Popular on Newser
Ruling on Naomi Judd Death Probe Sees a 180
Trump Says McConnell Has 'Death Wish,' Insults His Wife
A $1.2B Ship Was Destroyed. Now, a Sailor Hears His Fate
One Take on Tagovailoa's Hit: 'How Are We So Stupid in 2022'
A Daughter Changes Her Mind About Zodiac Killer's Identity
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.