Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 1,731,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
When You Eat May Be More Important Than What You Eat
Idea of TRF, or time-restricted feeding, is catching on
- It's beginning to look like a concept called TRF—or, time-restricted feeding—is going to be around for a while in the arena of diet and nutrition. The
has a feature on it, while the
Wall Street Journal
and others have covered it previously. The idea is...
3 Meals a Day: Rooted in Bad Science, Racism
Skip breakfast? Who cares: meal times are 'metabolically unimportant'
- Ever wonder why people bolt from their desks at noon and head for the local coffee shop or deli? Surely not everyone gets hungry at the same time, right? Well, the lunch tradition—in fact, the tradition of eating three meals a day—can be traced back as far as...
Almost Everyone's in the 'Clean Plate Club'
Adults eat 92% of whatever they put on the plate, study finds
- Feeling guilty about that huge serving you heaped onto your plate at dinner last night and promptly finished? You're not the only one who does it. New research published in the International Journal of Obesity finds that the average adult eats 92% of the food on his or her...
Portions Too Big? Change Your Plate Color
Dish colors that match food lead to larger meals
- Trying to cut back on calories? Pay attention to the color of your plate. A new study reveals that people who use a dish that matches the color of the food they're eating will pile on more grub than if the plate is a different color, reports
Popular on Newser
Twitter Hides Trump Tweet on Minneapolis
Mayor Refuses to Resign Over George Floyd Remarks
Trump's Order Could Upend 26 Key Words
7 Shot at Kentucky Protest Over Police Shooting
YouTuber Under Fire Over Decision on Adopted Son
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.