Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
China space program
Dec 4, 2022 11:20 AM CST
Chinese Crew Returns From Space Station
Astronauts spent 6 months working on Tiangong
- Three Chinese astronauts landed in a northern desert on Sunday after six months working to complete construction of the Tiangong station, a symbol of their country's ambitious space program, state TV reported. A capsule carrying commander Chen Dong and astronauts Liu Yang and Cai Xuzhe touched down at a...
China Launches 3 Astronauts
to New Space Station
Jun 17, 2021 12:09 AM CDT
China Launches 3 Astronauts to New Space Station
They'll stay 3 months in the Tianhe, or Heavenly Harmony
- Under bright blue morning skies, China launched its first crewed space mission in five years Thursday, sending three science-minded military pilots rocketing to a new orbiting station they're expected to reach around mid-afternoon. The astronauts, already wearing their spacesuits, were seen off by space officials, other uniformed military personnel,...
Jan 8, 2014 11:50 AM CST
Why China's Moon Mission Matters
It could learn a lot about what we don't know about
- Last month China became the third country to "soft land" on the moon, and as the
Los Angeles Times
points out, most residents of the second country to do so (that would be America) didn't bat an eyelash. But Chang'e 3 is blowing away one group: lunar...
China Becomes 3rd Country
to 'Soft Land' on Moon
Dec 14, 2013 7:34 AM CST
China Becomes 3rd Country to 'Soft Land' on Moon
Completes first soft landing of a space probe in nearly 40 years
- State media say China has safely carried out the world's first soft landing of a space probe on the moon in nearly four decades. State television showed pictures of the moon's surface as the Chang'e 3 lander touched down tonight. The lander carries a moon rover called...
3rd Country to
Jun 18, 2012 6:33 AM CDT
China Now 3rd Country to Complete Space Feat
Crew to spend 6 days on space lab after successful docking
- China has officially joined the US and Russia as just the third country in the world to have completed a manned space docking, reports CNN . Earlier today the Shenzhou-9 spacecraft docked with the orbiting Tiangong-1, the next step in the Middle Kingdom's ambitious five-year plan for space exploration. The...
for 1st Manned
Jun 9, 2012 1:13 PM CDT
China Readies for 1st Manned Space Docking
Milestone comes 6 months after China announced 5-year space plan
- Yet another advance is in the works for China's space program. China will try for its first manned space docking later in June, its space agency announced today, according to the
New York Times
. The Shenzhou 9 will dock with the Tiangong 1 space lab "sometime in June,...
Popular on Newser
New Jersey Lawmaker Murdered Near Her Home
House GOP Ousts Democrat Omar From Major Committee
Video Shown at Trial Seems to Contradict Alex Murdaugh's Alibi
Zoo Director Allegedly Cooked Zoo Animals for Party
Robert Kraft Has One Last Request of Tom Brady
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.