Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Glacier National Park
Sep 3, 2023 8:33 AM CDT
Missing Hiker Found Dead in Montana
Adam Fuselier, 32, had been missing in Glacier National Park since Tuesday
- A Colorado man who was last seen Tuesday in Glacier National Park in Montana has been found dead, reports KPAX . Adam Fuselier, 32, was hiking Reynolds Mountain, says the GNP in a news release . Park rangers were alerted Wednesday morning that Fuselier was overdue to return from his hike, and...
Men Who Spent
Jul 27, 2022 6:03 AM CDT
Men Who Spent Decades Climbing Glacier's Peaks Die There
The 67-year-olds were trying to summit Dusty Star Mountain
- It's been a deadly week in Glacier National Park. Park officials on Tuesday confirmed that three people have died in two separate incidents in the park. On Monday, the bodies of two experienced 67-year-old climbers were recovered. Per a press release from the park that cites "park staff...
Man Mows Down Family
With His Vehicle, Then
Jul 20, 2022 1:59 AM CDT
Man Mows Down Family With His Vehicle, Then Starts Shooting
Dad and daughter, 18 months old, killed in Montana tragedy
- A man drove his vehicle into a family as they walked near Glacier National Park then got out and began shooting at them with a shotgun, killing one man and mortally wounding a toddler before one of the victims managed to kill the assailant after he ran out of ammunition,...
She Lost a Very Special Bear
in Park. Now, a Reunion
Nov 12, 2021 12:59 PM CST
She Lost a Very Special Bear in Park. Now, a Reunion
The teddy, which vanished in Glacier National Park, had been Naomi Pascal's since Ethiopian adoption
- A little girl who lost a special teddy bear she'd had since being adopted from an Ethiopian orphanage thought it was gone forever when she forgot it along a trail in Glacier National Park last year. Her parents and family friends still held onto a glimmer of hope—and...
Woman Who Went Missing
While Hiking Found Dead
Sep 7, 2021 1:55 AM CDT
Woman Who Went Missing While Hiking Found Dead
Jennifer Coleman may have been hiking alone at the time
- A Virginia woman who was reported missing Wednesday after she took a trip to Montana's Glacier National Park was found dead in a steep, rocky area of the park Sunday. Jennifer Coleman, 34, was believed to have been hiking alone in the Logan Pass area, the highest elevation in...
Scuba Diver Loses Her Life
at Glacier National Park
Nov 3, 2020 11:47 AM CST
Scuba Diver Loses Her Life at Glacier National Park
The incident occurred at Lake McDonald
- An 18-year-old woman has died in a scuba diving accident inside Montana's Glacier National Park. The unidentified woman was among six people to set out from near Lake McDonald Lodge, a hotel within the park, around 4pm Sunday. A 911 call was placed just shy of two hours later...
8 Bears Died
Here in 2019.
Sealed Their Fate
Feb 11, 2020 10:00 AM CST
8 Bears Died Here in 2019. Cow Carcasses Sealed Their Fate
Record 51 bears killed in Montana for 2nd year in a row, with 8 deaths attributed to trains
- Researchers are developing a system to warn grizzly bears about approaching trains in response to climbing death rates, which have some fearing for the future of the species. Some 51 bears were killed in Montana's Northern Continental Divide Ecosystem, including Glacier National Park and parts of the Flathead and...
Falling Rocks Kill Girl
in Car With Family
on Scenic Drive
Aug 13, 2019 5:34 PM CDT
Falling Rocks Kill Girl in Car With Family on Scenic Drive
14-year-old was killed, parents and two other children were injured at Glacier National Park
- Falling rocks hit the top of a vehicle traveling on Going-to-the-Sun Road in Glacier National Park, killing a 14-year-old Utah girl and injuring her parents and two other children, the AP reports. Park officials say the rock slide happened at about 7pm Monday near the East Tunnel on the scenic...
After 20-Foot Fall
Jul 19, 2018 8:15 AM CDT
Grizzly Euthanized After 20-Foot Fall
Vertebrae damage left animal partially paralyzed
- One of an estimated 300 grizzly bears in Montana's Glacier National Park had to be euthanized this week after a 20-foot fall left it partially paralyzed. It was found on its back in the middle of a road late Sunday, leading rangers to speculate it had been hit by...
One Wrong Step
Jul 26, 2017 9:45 AM CDT
One Wrong Step in Flip-Flops Proves Fatal
Montana man dies after 100-foot fall in Glacier National Park
- A visitor to Montana's Glacier National Park is dead after one wrong step led to a 100-foot fall. Park authorities say 26-year-old Robert Durbin was taking photos by a creek on a scenic mountain road in the park when he fell into the water, reports the
. According to...
Jun 30, 2016 6:23 AM CDT
Bear Kills Mountain Biker in Montana
Forest law enforcement officer surprised animal on trail
- A US Forest Service law enforcement officer was killed Wednesday in the first fatal bear attack this century in the Glacier National Park area. Authorities say 38-year-old Brad Treat was killed in Flathead National Forest in northwest Montana on a trail just outside the national park, ABC News reports. "...
MIA in Glacier
Nov 23, 2014 12:40 PM CST
MIA in Glacier National Park: Actual Glaciers
Receding ice sheets could have big ramifications in the West
- "National Park" doesn't have much of a ring to it, but that soon might be a more fitting name for Glacier National Park if its eponymous glaciers keep going the way of the dinosaurs: The
New York Times
takes a look today at glacier melt in the Montana...
7 Places You've
Got to See Before
Apr 13, 2014 4:30 PM CDT
7 Places You've Got to See Before They're Gone
Climate change threatens these natural wonders
- Thanks to climate change, some of the planet's greatest natural wonders are in danger,
notes. Megan Gibson lists 10 that you shouldn't miss before they disappear:
Great Barrier Reef, Australia
: It could be gone within a century as ocean temperatures climb and the reef suffers from pollution.
Newlywed Who Pushed
Husband Off Cliff Gets 30 Years
Mar 27, 2014 2:45 PM CDT
Newlywed Who Pushed Husband Off Cliff Gets 30 Years
Jordan Linn Graham has no chance of parole
- Jordan Linn Graham will spend the next 30 years in prison without the possibility of parole for pushing her husband of eight days off a cliff , reports the
. The 22-year-old Montana woman pleaded guilty to second-degree murder during her trial last year in the apparent hope that she'd...
Cops: New Bride Shoved
Husband Over Cliff
Sep 10, 2013 2:05 AM CDT
Cops: New Bride Shoved Husband Over Cliff
She confesses to killing 8 days after wedding
- A Montana newlywed turned herself into a widow just eight days into her marriage by pushing her husband off a cliff in Glacier National Park, police say. Jordan Linn Graham, 22, has told investigators that she argued with Cody Johnson, 25, while they walking on a steep hiking trail on...
Hikers' Skills Helped Them Survive in Montana Park
Oct 16, 2012 5:10 PM CDT
Hikers' Skills Helped Them Survive in Montana Park
2 Virginia residents were stranded for days
- Rangers in Montana's Glacier National Park say two hikers from Virginia who were safely rescued after being stranded there for days in bad weather were well-prepared for harsh, wintry conditions. Chief Ranger Mark Foust said in an email that Jason Hiser and Neal Peckens, both 32, had the right...
Popular on Newser
He Had Headaches for Months. Doctors Made a Surprising Find
Congresswoman in Testy Exchange Over Hamas Rapes
Spotify Staffers Walk Into Bad News on Monday
GOP Race Sees Another Contender Drop Out
Liz Cheney Recounts 4 Words From Her Father
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.