Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
A-Rod's Clutch Double Sparks 7-4 Game 4 Win
Damon's heads-up play drives Phillies to brink of elimination
- Alex Rodriguez hit a go-ahead, two-out double in the ninth inning off Brad Lidge and the Yankees beat the Phillies, 7-4, tonight in Philadelphia to claim a 3-1 lead in the World Series. Joba Chamberlain opened the door for the Phillies, yielding a homer to Pedro Feliz with two out...
Hamels Goes Distance in Phillies' Shutout
Phillies' three home runs help beat the Braves, 5-0
- Cole Hamels pitched his first career shutout, Ryan Howard homered and the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Atlanta Braves 5-0 last night. Pedro Feliz and Shane Victorino also homered and drove in two runs each for Philly, who lead the majors with 59 homers. Hamels (5-3) gave up just four hits,...
Utley, Burrell Go Deep in Phillies' Win
- Pat Burrell hit a two-run homer with two outs in the bottom of the 10th inning, lifting the Philadelphia Phillies over the San Francisco Giants 6-5 last night. Aaron Rowand gave the Giants a one-run lead with a solo shot leading off the top of the inning, but the Phillies...
Utley Unbelievable in Phillies Win
Second baseman goes 3-for-3 with two homers
- Chase Utley hit two home runs and Pedro Feliz added a tiebreaking pinch-hit homer in the seventh to help the Philadelphia Phillies avoid a sweep and beat the New York Mets 5-4 last night. Utley went 3-for-3 with four RBIs and two runs as the Phillies won the finale of...
Hamels Shuts Down Cubs to Lead Phillies
Feliz, Howard homer as Philadelphia gets back to .500
- Cole Hamels allowed one hit over seven innings, Pedro Feliz and Ryan Howard hit two-run homers and the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Chicago Cubs 7-1 last night. Derrek Lee's double with one out in the fourth was the only hit off Hamels. Relievers Ryan Madson and Clay Condrey each allowed...
Bonds Sits One Out Before Crack at Record
Would-be slugger king rests after tough game
- After playing all 13 innings of a loss to Atlanta on Tuesday, Barry Bonds sat out last night's match-up at his home park in San Francisco to rest up. "He's just getting a day," said the team manager, insisting that the 43-year-old slugger still aims to crack Hank...
Popular on Newser
Biden's Oil Remarks Are Resonating
Borat 'Defends' Giuliani
Exec Made Odd Request of Employees in Bad-News Call
First US Nest of Murder Hornets Found, Thanks to Dental Floss
One Baby Name Is Surging in Different Countries
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.