Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Texas Husband Named
Brain-Dead Wife's Fetus
Jan 28, 2014 6:14 AM CST
Texas Husband Named Brain-Dead Wife's Fetus
Doctors think Nicole Munoz was a girl
- Before a Texas hospital took his pregnant wife off life support Sunday, Erick Munoz asked doctors to do one last sonogram. "They think it was a female," Munoz tells the AP of the 23-week-old fetus, his second child with Marlise Munoz. He named the fetus Nicole, Marlise's...
Hospital Pulls Life Support
for Brain-Dead Woman
Jan 26, 2014 12:57 PM CST
Hospital Pulls Life Support for Brain-Dead Woman
It had til 5pm tomorrow to end care for Marlise Munoz or appeal
- The Texas hospital that has kept a brain-dead pregnant woman alive against her family's wishes has complied with Friday's court ruling to end life support for Marlise Munoz, lawyers for her family confirm. John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth said earlier today in a statement that its...
Judge to Hospital:
Pregnant Woman Die
Jan 24, 2014 4:51 PM CST
Judge to Hospital: Let Brain-Dead Pregnant Woman Die
He orders facility to remove her from life support
- A wrenching case in Fort Worth that has pitted a family against a hospital took a big step toward closure this afternoon: A judge ordered doctors to remove a brain-dead pregnant woman from life support by 5pm local time Monday, reports AP . It's not yet clear whether the hospital...
Popular on Newser
Radio Station Abruptly Starts Playing Same Song on a Loop
Judge Declares Florida Abortion Law Unconstitutional
Supreme Court Puts a Big Case on Next Term's Docket
Suspect in Star Cyclist's Murder Is Caught
Emmett Till's Family Finds 1955 Warrant, Calls for Arrest
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.