Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Add Newser to your home screen?
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 261,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
New Olympic Logo Features Rings, City Name, and ... Marianne
People aren't quite sure what to make of design for 2024 Summer Olympics in Paris
- A French government spokeswoman calls it "magnifique," while an International Olympic Committee rep says it's "innovative." The rest of the world ... isn't quite sure what to make of a new Olympic logo unveiled for the 2024 Summer Olympics in Paris. The BBC notes that...
2024 Olympics May Boast 'More Artistic' New Sport
IOC appears to be on board for break-dancing
- Break-dancing might just become an Olympic sport. Organizers of the 2024 Games in Paris have put forth their suggestions for four sports to be added to the current roster of 28, with breakdancing listed alongside surfing, climbing, and skateboarding. The latter three sports are already confirmed for Tokyo 2020, but...
It's Officially Paris 2024, LA 2028 for Olympics
IOC 'rubber stamps' previously determined arrangement
- This was one of those rare Olympic moments where everyone walked away a winner. Paris for 2024. Los Angeles for 2028. And the International Olympic Committee for transforming an unruly bidding process to lock down its future by choosing not one, but two Summer Olympics hosts at the same time....
Los Angeles Reaches Deal to Host 2028 Olympics
That leaves Paris for 2024
- Los Angeles has reached an agreement with international Olympic leaders that will open the way for the city to host the 2028 Summer Games, the AP reports. City Council President Herb Wesson's office confirmed the deal Monday. Spokeswoman Caolinn Mejza says the pact is expected to be reviewed by...
Looks Like LA, Paris Will Host 2024, 2028 Olympics
If a 3-way deal with the IOC works out
- If they can agree who goes first, Paris and Los Angeles will be awarded the 2024 and 2028 Olympics. International Olympic Committee members voted unanimously to seek a consensus three-way deal between the two bid cities and the IOC executive board, the AP reports. Talks will open with Paris widely...
Only 2 Cities Are Still Bidding to Host 2024 Olympics
Budapest says bye-bye to controversial bid
- The International Olympic Committee is due to meet in September to vote on the site of the 2024 Olympics—but if one more city drops out, they won't need to. The Hungarian government confirmed Wednesday that Budapest's bid has been withdrawn, leaving Paris and Los Angeles as the...
Popular on Newser
Costco Draws the Line on Customers
Lawsuits Mount Against Popular Hair-Care Line
A New Worry Emerges on Coronavirus Tests
As Trump, Schumer Clash, a 'Nasty' Letter Is Sent
Doctor, Husband Murdered at University's Arboretum
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Suggest a Story
Get our apps
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.