Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
E. Jean Carroll
to Sue Accuser
Mar 11, 2022 3:30 PM CST
Judge Rips Trump Attempt to Sue Accuser
Filing against E. Jean Carroll has been a 'bad faith' attempt to delay, ruling says
- A federal judge rejected Donald Trump's attempt to countersue a woman who accuses him of raping her, giving the former president an earful Friday in the process. US District Judge Lewis Kaplan issued a 23-page ruling saying Trump's legal strategy has been executed in "bad faith,"...
DOJ Says Trump
Not Liable for
on E. Jean Carroll
Jun 8, 2021 2:24 AM CDT
DOJ Says Trump Not Liable for 'Crude' Comments on E. Jean Carroll
Justice Department lawyers want to replace former POTUS as defendant in lawsuit
- Former President Trump cannot be held personally liable for “crude" and “disrespectful” remarks he made while president about a woman who accused him of rape, Justice Department lawyers said Monday in arguing for him to be replaced by the United States as defendant in a defamation lawsuit. The...
Trump's Legal Strategy
in Rape Case Is Rejected
Oct 27, 2020 9:00 AM CDT
Trump's Legal Strategy in Rape Case Is Rejected
Justice Department said US government, not Trump himself, should be defendant
- A federal judge on Tuesday denied President Trump's request that he be replaced as the defendant in a defamation lawsuit alleging he raped a woman in a Manhattan department store in the 1990s, per the AP . The decision by US District Judge Lewis A. Kaplan came after the Justice...
Moves to Help
Sep 9, 2020 2:08 AM CDT
Justice Dept. Moves to Help Trump With Accuser's Lawsuit
Or, as accuser E. Jean Carroll puts it, 'TRUMP HURLS BILL BARR AT ME'
- President Trump might be getting some help from the Justice Department with the lawsuit one of his accusers filed against him last year. E. Jean Carroll, who says Trump raped her at a Manhattan department store in the 1990s, sued him for defamation over his public denial of ever having...
Goes to Court
Jan 30, 2020 4:02 PM CST
Trump Accuser Goes to Court for President's DNA
E. Jean Carroll says a match with her dress would prove her case
- Lawyers for a woman who accuses President Trump of raping her in the 1990s asked Thursday for a DNA sample, seeking to determine whether his genetic material is on a dress she says she was wearing at the time. Advice columnist E. Jean Carroll’s lawyers served notice to a...
Judge Won't Halt
Trump Accuser's Lawsuit
Jan 10, 2020 8:11 AM CST
Judge Won't Halt Trump Accuser's Lawsuit
E. Jean Carroll celebrates as NY judge rejects motion to dismiss
- A judge has denied President Trump's motion to dismiss a defamation lawsuit brought by writer and accuser E. Jean Carroll. The president's lawyers argued he couldn't be sued in New York because his denial of Carroll's claim that he raped her in a Manhattan department store...
Nov 4, 2019 1:42 PM CST
Trump Accuser Files Suit
E. Jean Carroll accuses president of defamation after her assault claim
- A woman who accused President Trump of sexually assaulting her in the 1990s is now accusing him of defamation in a new lawsuit. E. Jean Carroll, perhaps best known as an advice columnist, filed the lawsuit Monday, reports the
. Earlier this year, Carroll published a memoir in which...
E. Jean Carroll Says She's
Now 'Exploring' Legal Action
Jul 16, 2019 5:30 PM CDT
E. Jean Carroll Says She's Now 'Exploring' Legal Action
Says people are telling her it would be smart to go after the president
- When E. Jean Carroll went public with her allegations against the president in June, she said she wouldn't be taking legal action and shared her thinking: "I would find it disrespectful to the women who are down on the border who are being raped around the clock down...
Go Public, Back Up
Jun 27, 2019 8:48 AM CDT
Friends of Trump Accuser Go Public, Back Up Her Account
Carol Martin and Lisa Birnbach talk to New York Times podcast
- In her book excerpt recounting an alleged sexual assault by President Trump, E. Jean Carroll wrote that she confided in two friends at the time about what happened. Now those two women have come forward publicly to corroborate her account in the
New York Times
, which also...
Jun 25, 2019 6:56 AM CDT
Trump on Rape Accuser: 'She's Not My Type'
He says E. Jean Carroll is 'totally lying'
- President Trump responded to E. Jean Carroll's rape accusation Monday with a strange choice of words: "She's not my type." In an Oval Office interview, the president told the
: "I'll say it with great respect: Number one, she's not my type. Number...
Trump Says He 'Never Met'
New Accuser. There's a Photo
Jun 22, 2019 6:30 AM CDT
Trump Says He 'Never Met' New Accuser. There's a Photo
Pic of Trump and columnist E. Jean Carroll, who says he sexually assaulted her in '90s, ran with her story
- A bombshell cover story in
magazine has forced a statement from President Trump, and in it he's denying sexually assaulting
columnist E. Jean Carroll in a Bergdorf Goodman dressing room more than 20 years ago. "I've never met this person in my life,"...
Popular on Newser
Suspected 'Mass Fentanyl Poisoning Event' Kills 9 in Florida
How Parade Shooting Suspect Managed to Buy 5 Guns
Scathing Obit: 'It Will Be Challenging to Miss Lawrence'
Boys 'Shouldn't Have Been Able to Physically Do What They Did'
Amazon Prime Rolls Out a Big 'Thank You' to Customers
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.