New features on our site
Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Situation Worsens for Student Who Protested Remote Learning
Maverick Stow arrested last week, and this week learned he's suspended til June
- The New York high school student who protested his school's hybrid learning plan by attending classes on campus has been suspended for the rest of the school year. Maverick Stow, a 17-year-old senior, was initially hit with a five-day suspension early last week when he attended school on a...
Teen Suspended for Attending His School's In-Person Classes
It was Maverick Stow's assigned day to be attending remotely
- Maverick Stow, a 17-year-old high school senior, thinks students should be attending in-person classes five days a week. So, to protest his New York school's hybrid learning model, Stow went ahead and attended his classes in person on Tuesday—despite that day being his assigned day to attend remotely....
Chicago Drops 'Hybrid' Plan for Schools This Fall
School year will start with remote learning
- Chicago’s mayor on Wednesday announced that the nation’s third-largest school district will not welcome students back to the classroom to start the school year, and will instead rely on remote instruction. The city's decision to abandon its plan to have students attend in-person classes for two days...
Popular on Newser
Trump's Tax Returns Are Out —With All the Sobering Details
In Move 'So Rare,' Marriage Annulled Due to Lack of Sex
Trump's Looming Debt Called a 'Time Bomb'
CDC Chief Makes Call on Plane, Reporter Overhears It
For Life Insurers, a Surprise Development in Age of COVID
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.