Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Father, Son Will Stand
Trial in Kristin Smart Case
Sep 22, 2021 2:36 PM CDT
Father, Son Will Stand Trial in Kristin Smart Case
Paul Flores allegedly killed student in 1996
- In the 25 years since Kristin Smart disappeared, the last person seen with her has been described as a person of interest, then a suspect, then a prime suspect, per the
Los Angeles Times
. Now, Paul Flores will be a defendant in a murder trial. San Luis Obispo Superior Court...
Document: Kristin Smart Was
Once Buried at Flores' Home
Apr 21, 2021 10:00 AM CDT
Document: Kristin Smart Was Once Buried at Flores' Home
Investigators allege biological evidence was found at Ruben Flores' home
- A California college student missing for nearly 25 years was once buried in the backyard of the home owned by the murder suspect's father, authorities said in a court document filed before bail arguments Monday in San Luis Obispo Superior Court. The document was posted on social media by...
Kristin Smart Case Cracked
Thanks to Shy Podcaster
Apr 16, 2021 10:21 AM CDT
Kristin Smart Case Cracked Thanks to Shy Podcaster
Chris Lambert spoke to overlooked witnesses on 'Your Own Backyard'
- Chris Lambert would like to get back to making music but he can't seem to stop chasing a ghost that has haunted him for nearly 25 years. A billboard on the side of the road on California's Central Coast led him on a detour three years ago from...
Paul Flores Allegedly Killed
Kristin Smart in His Dorm Room
Apr 14, 2021 2:37 PM CDT
Paul Flores Allegedly Killed Kristin Smart in His Dorm Room
San Luis Obispo County District Attorney Dan Dow speaks about the case
- Tuesday brought big arrests in the 1996 disappearance of Kristin Smart. Wednesday brought the prosecution's theory of the crime. San Luis Obispo County District Attorney Dan Dow alleged Paul Flores, a fellow student who was the last person seen with Smart and has been the main suspect all these...
Father, Son Held in 1996
Kristin Smart Slaying
Apr 13, 2021 2:05 PM CDT
Father, Son Held in 1996 Kristin Smart Slaying
Fellow student Paul Flores has always been the main suspect
- Authorities in California have taken two men into custody in the 1996 disappearance of a college student—one of whom has been the prime suspect in the case the whole time. Paul Flores, then a fellow student, was the last person to see Kristin Smart alive, police said, after she...
Home of Suspect's Dad
Searched in Kristin Smart Case
Mar 16, 2021 12:02 AM CDT
Home of Suspect's Dad Searched in Kristin Smart Case
Cadaver dogs, ground-penetrating radar were to be used
- On May 25, it will be a quarter-century since the last time Kristin Smart was seen—and new developments in the California missing persons case continue to roll in. On Monday, authorities served a search warrant at the home of Ruben Flores in Arroyo Grande, the
San Luis Obispo Tribune
Home Raided Again
in Kristin Smart Case
Apr 23, 2020 4:54 AM CDT
Home Raided Again in Kristin Smart Case
Police say more 'items of interest' removed
- The home of a former classmate of long-missing California student Kristin Smart was searched for a second time Wednesday, investigators say. The San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Office says a search warrant was served at the home of Paul Flores, who is believed to have been the last person...
'Items of Interest' Found in
Case of Long-Missing Student
Feb 6, 2020 6:09 AM CST
'Items of Interest' Found in Case of Long-Missing Student
Authorities searched California home of last person to see Kristin Smart
- A breakthrough could be near in the case of Kristin Smart, a Cal Poly student who vanished after attending an off-campus party almost 24 years ago. The San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Office says "items of interest" were recovered Wednesday after search warrants were served at four locations...
Vanished Cal Poly Student
May Be Buried on Campus
Sep 7, 2016 9:36 AM CDT
Vanished Cal Poly Student May Be Buried on Campus
Police aim to find Kristin Smart's remains
- Police in San Luis Obispo, Calif., are following the "most promising lead we've had in years" in the hopes of finding some trace of a California Polytechnic State University freshman who vanished 20 years ago. Human decomposition dogs "and other information" led police and the FBI to...
Popular on Newser
Lake Search Completes Family Tragedy in Minnesota
Bodycam Footage Shows Akron Officers Opening Fire
Hunt for 9 Tons of Lost Gold Leads to ... a Long Story
Child Dies in Hot Car While Mother Is at Work
Another City Angry Over a Police Shooting
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.