Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read the latest news reports about animal attacks on Newser.com
Stories 1 - 20 |
After Attacks, UK Is
Banning American 'Bully' Dog
Sep 15, 2023 9:45 AM CDT
After Attacks, UK Is Banning American 'Bully' Dog
Prime minister says the breed will be outlawed by the end of the year
- A large breed of dog known as the American Bully XL will be off limits in the UK as of the end of the year, reports the BBC . British Prime Minster Rishi Sunak announced the breed will be banned under the Dangerous Dogs Act after a series of attacks. The...
Zookeeper Killed While
Putting Bug Spray on Rhino
Sep 12, 2023 5:45 PM CDT
Zookeeper Killed While Putting Bug Spray on Rhino
The 33-year-old woman's husband tried to save her
- A rhinoceros attacked a married couple working as zookeepers in Austria on Tuesday, killing the woman and seriously injuring the man as he attempted to save her, authorities said. The attack happened at the Hellbrunn Zoo in the western Austrian city of Salzburg. Zoo director Sabine Grebner told reporters that...
Man on Bear
One Way Out
'Was Through Me'
Aug 5, 2023 11:30 AM CDT
Man on Bear Encounter: Its One Way Out 'Was Through Me'
Pennsylvania's John Swartz is OK after bear hiding in his garage bit him on the head
- A Pennsylvania man says he's paying a lot more attention to his surroundings after a surprise attack by a bear in the garage of his home. John Swartz, 60, and his wife Lori, 59, were watching TV at their home outside Danville on the evening of July 27 when...
3 Women Injured in
Montana Otter Attack
Aug 4, 2023 4:51 AM CDT
3 Women Injured in Montana Otter Attack
One of them had to be airlifted to the hospital
- One of three women hurt in a river otter attack in southern Montana was injured so badly that she had to be taken to a hospital by helicopter, authorities say. The Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Parks says the women were floating in inner tubes on the Jefferson River...
Gored by Bison
Jul 19, 2023 9:14 AM CDT
2nd Woman Gored by Bison
This woman was visiting Theodore Roosevelt National Park when she was charged
- A second woman was gored by a bison inside of a week in one of America's national parks, reports the
New York Times .
In the incident on Saturday, a Minnesota woman was visiting Theodore Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota when she was attacked by a bison on the...
4 People Attacked by
Dolphins on Japan Beach
Jul 17, 2023 2:30 AM CDT
4 People Attacked by Dolphins on Japan Beach
Officials are warning swimmers away from the water if dolphins are seen
- Over the course of one day on a central Japan beach, four people were attacked by dolphins. Early Sunday, a man in his 60s was attacked a few yards off the popular Suishohama Beach in the town of Mihama, Fukui prefecture; he was left with broken ribs and bites to...
Girl as She
Jul 14, 2023 2:30 AM CDT
Huge, Rabid Beaver Attacks Girl as She Swims
Her father beat the animal to death after Georgia attack
- A young girl swimming in a Georgia lake was attacked by a rabid beaver Monday afternoon. The 55-pound animal bit her leg as she swam at Lake Lanier,
reports. Her father "intervened and killed the beaver using blunt-force trauma," according to a statement from Hall County...
Thanks to a Hawk
Jul 13, 2023 11:28 AM CDT
Residents Here Aren't Getting Their Mail, Thanks to a Hawk
USPS says delivery can't resume in Travis Heights area of Austin until aggressive bird stops attacking
- Residents in one Texas neighborhood won't be finding mail in their mailboxes for a few weeks, all because of an aggressive hawk who's been harassing the locals. Axios Austin first reported on Friday that the US Postal Service has suspended mail delivery to the Travis Heights section of...
in the Nose
Jul 3, 2023 12:57 AM CDT
Maine Woman Punches Bear in the Nose
64-year-old was treated for puncture wounds after bear chased her dog
- Maine woman Lynn Kelly was working in her garden Friday morning when her dog began barking before running off into the woods. Kelly, 64, went to see what was going on, and as the frightened dog ran back out of the woods, a bear was following close behind. "The...
He Was Told Not to
Put Hands in Water.
Shark Explains Why
Jun 27, 2023 1:15 PM CDT
He Was Told Not to Put Hands in Water. Shark Explains Why
Florida fisherman bloodied by suspected bull shark after ignoring friend's advice
- The fisherman only wanted to rinse his hands. But it was a move the Florida man will be cursing himself for after a shark apparently mistook his hands for a tasty fish. The unidentified man was fishing with a group in Everglades National Park on Friday morning when he leaned...
Aggressive Orcas Set Their
Sights on Elite Yacht Race
Jun 24, 2023 9:00 AM CDT
Aggressive Orcas Set Their Sights on Elite Yacht Race
Pod of killer whales goes after boats taking part in around-the-world Ocean Race near Spain
- A pod of killer whales bumped one of the boats in an endurance sailing race as it approached the Strait of Gibraltar, the latest encounter in what researchers say is a growing trend of sometimes-aggressive interactions with Iberian orcas. The 15-minute run-in with at least three of the giant mammals...
'Simply in Wrong
Place, at Wrong Time'
May 30, 2023 11:00 AM CDT
Snorkeler Was 'Simply in Wrong Place, at Wrong Time'
Marcus McGowan managed to pry crocodile's jaws off his head in waters off north coast of Australia
- A snorkeling adventure at a swanky Queensland resort led to a most terrifying crocodile encounter for one Australian man. The BBC and
report that 51-year-old Marcus McGowan was in the water with his wife and friends on Saturday near the Sir Charles Hardy Islands, about 17 miles from the...
He Went Outside
the Bar to Pee.
A Gator Awaited
May 24, 2023 1:00 AM CDT
He Went Outside the Bar to Pee. A Gator Awaited
Jordan Rivera, who lost arm in alligator attack: 'It's not the end of the world'
- For a guy who just lost part of his arm to an alligator, Jordan Rivera has a remarkably good attitude. The 23-year-old was at Banditos Bar in Port Charlotte, Florida, early Sunday when he had to use the bathroom, per WBBH . The lines for the restroom were long, however, so...
Deputy Killed in
Dog Attack at Home
May 11, 2023 6:30 PM CDT
Deputy Killed in Dog Attack at Home
Police believe Tamieka White was protecting 8-year-old son
- A 17-year veteran of the Marion County Sheriff's Office died "protecting the most important person in her life," her commander says. Deputy Tamieka White, 46, was killed in a dog attack at her Indianapolis home Tuesday night, the
reports. Police believe she was protecting her...
They Killed the Crocodile,
Found Body Parts Inside
May 3, 2023 2:35 PM CDT
They Killed the Crocodile, Found Body Parts Inside
Kevin Darmody vanished while fishing on Saturday
- A man fishing with Kevin Darmody in northern Queensland, Australia, on Saturday didn't see what happened to his friend, but he heard a yell. "I raced down… but there was no sign of him, just his [flip-flops] on the bank," John Peiti said of the 65-year-old. Police...
He Was Enjoying a Soak When
a Cougar Grabbed His Head
Mar 21, 2023 11:10 AM CDT
He Was Enjoying a Soak When a Cougar Grabbed His Head
Man was in a hot tub with his wife when the attack occurred Saturday in Colorado
- Wildlife officials said Monday they are searching for a mountain lion that clawed a man's head while he was sitting in a hot tub with his wife at a rental home in central Colorado. The man was soaking in the in-ground hot tub in a wooded subdivision west of...
Ohio 911 Call: 'His Arm
Had Been Bitten Off by a Zebra'
Mar 14, 2023 2:25 PM CDT
Ohio 911 Call: 'His Arm Had Been Bitten Off by a Zebra'
Ronald Clifton, 72, likely won't lose his right arm after all
- The 911 call was worse than the reality, but the reality wasn't great: A Pickaway County Sheriff’s Office report quotes the Sunday call as requesting help for an Ohio man who had "his arm ... bitten off by a zebra." Deputies who arrived at the Circleville home...
An Innocent Walk With the Dog,
Then Came the Moose
Feb 21, 2023 10:55 AM CST
An Innocent Walk With the Dog, Then Came the Moose
Kate Timmons was 'in the right place, at the right time' to assist dog walker Tracy Hansen
- An Alaska woman is back walking her dog—quite a feat considering she was kicked in the head by a moose on a recent outing. Tracy Hansen of Anchorage was strolling with her dog, Gunner, along their usual route on Thursday when a woman in a passing car spotted a...
85-Year-Old Walking Her
Dog Is Killed by Alligator
Feb 21, 2023 4:10 AM CST
85-Year-Old Walking Her Dog Is Killed by Alligator
The creature was said to be roughly 10 feet long
- At some points, it reportedly took at least six people to wrangle an alligator that killed an elderly Florida woman on Monday, per CBS News . The 85-year-old woman was walking her dog in her Fort Pierce, Florida, retirement community when a 10-foot alligator exited the water. Spanish Lakes Fairways residents...
Mountain Lion Attack
Feb 2, 2023 7:30 AM CST
Boy Survives Mountain Lion Attack
Jack Trexler was hospitalized after Tuesday's attack in California's San Mateo County
- A 5-year-old boy on a hike with his family in California ended up "fighting for his life" as he was attacked by a mountain lion. The family was hiking near their farm property in rural San Mateo County just before 7pm Tuesday when Jack Trexler ran a little ahead...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Multiple People Now 'on the Radar' in JonBenet Case
Family in 'Unbearable Pain' After Mother Found in Gator's Jaws
Russell Brand's Troubles Get Worse
On Tuesday, an 'Absolutely Unprecedented' Move by Biden
Strange Case of Mom Accused in Husband's Death Gets Stranger
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.