Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
For Tiger Woods, a First
He Didn't Want to Achieve
May 22, 2022 5:30 AM CDT
For Tiger Woods, a First He Didn't Want to Achieve
Hurting golf legend pulls out of a Major for the first time ever
- Tiger Woods produced a couple of firsts Saturday, neither cause for a fist pump. He posted his highest score ever in the PGA Championship, and later withdrew from a major for the first time in his pro career. Hours after Woods limped his way to a 9-over 79 in the...
May 21, 2022 4:59 PM CDT
Woods Has Worst Day at PGA Championship
After a 79, golfer doesn't say whether he'll play the final round
- After playing terrifically Friday to make the cut, Tiger Woods didn't have anything left for the third round of the PGA Championship on Saturday. The result was the worst score, by two shots, that he's ever put up at the tournament, Yahoo Sport reports. The struggle and the...
His Masters Test
With Brutal Score
Apr 10, 2022 3:45 PM CDT
Woods Completes His Masters Test With Brutal Score
Golfing great posts his personal worst at Augusta, but manages to play all 72 holes
- After playing well enough in the first couple of rounds to make the cut, Tiger Woods wrapped up his Masters on Sunday with his worst score at Augusta ever. Woods' 6-over 78 dropped him well out of contention, CBS Sports reports, and was only one stroke better than his worst...
Apr 7, 2022 5:41 PM CDT
Woods Plays Again at Augusta
Star posts 71 in return to Masters
- Tiger Woods had some good moments, some unlucky outcomes and a couple of blunders Thursday in his opening round of the Masters. Given what he's gone through over the last past year or so, he surely wasn’t going to complain. His day at Georgia's Augusta National was...
Tiger Woods: 'I Feel
Like I'm Going to Play'
Apr 5, 2022 11:28 AM CDT
Tiger Woods: 'I Feel Like I'm Going to Play'
Golf legend is at Augusta, plans to compete in the Masters this week
Tiger Woods says he plans to play in this week's Masters. If he does, it would be his first competitive tournament since he was seriously injured in a car accident last year, notes the
. “As of right now, I feel like I am going to...
After Barely Playing,
Tiger Woods Wins
$8M Golf Prize
Mar 3, 2022 10:45 AM CST
After Barely Playing, Tiger Woods Wins $8M Golf Prize
He's the first winner of the Player Impact Program
- Last year wasn't exactly a banner year for Tiger Woods' golfing career—he spent much of 2021 learning to walk again after a February rollover crash mangled his right leg so badly that doctors considered amputation. His only tournament of the year was the PNC Championship exhibition father/son challenge...
Tiger Woods Gives Up
Nov 30, 2021 2:33 AM CST
Tiger Woods Gives Up Full-Time Golfing
Says it's not a 'realistic expectation' of him after car accident
- In his first extensive interview since his rollover crash in February, Tiger Woods gave
some big news. While the golfer will still play the sport, he says things will be different moving forward. "I think something that is realistic is playing the tour one day—never full...
Rachel Uchitel Wants
Out of Tiger Woods NDA
Aug 9, 2021 6:06 PM CDT
Rachel Uchitel Wants Out of Tiger Woods NDA
She'd like to be able to defend herself
- When her affair with the married Tiger Woods became public in 2009, Rachel Uchitel signed a nondisclosure agreement more than 30 pages long that she feels has controlled her life since. Other people are free to talk about her and the star golfer online and in the news media, of...
Are His Worst,
May 27, 2021 5:37 PM CDT
These Injuries Are His Worst, Woods Says
Concentrating on rehab, golfer says his immediate goal is to walk
- The possibility of playing golf seems distant, and Tiger Woods doesn't want to say whether that's his long-term goal. But after his horrific auto accident in February, the star golfer says he's "focused on my No. 1 goal right now: walking on my own." He...
First Pic of Tiger Woods
Since Feb. Crash Emerges
Apr 24, 2021 6:30 AM CDT
First Pic of Tiger Woods Since Feb. Crash Emerges
Golfer posted it himself, showing him smiling and on crutches at home in Florida
- Tiger Woods is back on the green, though with an orthopedic boot encasing his leg and a dog in tow. On Friday, the 45-year-old golfer, who was in a serious car accident in late February in Los Angeles, posted the first pic of himself since the crash, showing himself smiling...
Expert Suspects Tiger Woods
Was Unconscious Before Crash
Apr 9, 2021 9:00 AM CDT
Expert Suspects Tiger Woods Was Unconscious Before Crash
Due to the lack of steering and braking
- A 22-page collision report on Tiger Woods' Feb. 23 car crash in Los Angeles was obtained by
, and it suggests to one expert that the golfer may have been unconscious behind the wheel. Jonathan Cherney, a forensic crash reconstruction expert who visited the scene a day after the...
Cops: Tiger Woods Applied
99% Pressure to Gas in Crash
Apr 7, 2021 1:20 PM CDT
Cops: Tiger Woods Applied 99% Pressure to Gas in Crash
They think he meant to hit the brake
- Tiger Woods was driving in an unsafe manner at the time of his Feb. 23 car crash in California, and Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva on Wednesday detailed what that looked like. The data recorder from Woods' Genesis GV80 SUV showed that Woods failed to "negotiate the curve...
Sheriff Won't Reveal Cause
of Tiger Woods Crash
Mar 31, 2021 4:55 PM CDT
Sheriff Won't Reveal Cause of Tiger Woods Crash
He says investigators need permission from golfer
- The Los Angeles County sheriff says detectives have determined what caused Tiger Woods to crash his SUV last month but would not release details Wednesday, citing unspecified privacy concerns for the golf star. Woods suffered serious injuries in the Feb. 23 crash when he struck a raised median around 7am...
New Report on Tiger's Crash
Leads to a Big Question
Mar 20, 2021 8:30 AM CDT
New Report on Tiger's Crash Leads to a Big Question
After sources tell TMZ it looks like he never hit the brakes, outlet wonders if he lost consciousness
- Earlier this week, Tiger Woods offered some good news , noting he was back home in Florida to start the recovery process after his Feb. 23 crash in a suburb of Los Angeles. Now, an update on the probe into the accident, with law enforcement sources saying some "troubling evidence"...
Mar 17, 2021 2:34 AM CDT
Tiger Woods Offers Positive Update
Golfer says he's recovering at home after SUV accident
- Tiger Woods is back at home in Florida to resume his recovery from career-threatening leg injuries he suffered when his SUV ran off a road and down a hill in the Los Angeles suburbs last month, the AP reports. “Happy to report that I am back home and continuing...
First Person at Crash Scene
Says Woods Was Unconscious
Mar 5, 2021 4:06 PM CST
First Person at Crash Scene Says Woods Was Unconscious
Neighbor who walked to the site couldn't get a response from the golfer: affidavit
- A man found Tiger Woods unconscious in a mangled SUV after the golf star crashed the vehicle in Southern California, authorities said in court documents obtained Friday. The man, who lives near the site in Rolling Hills Estates, heard the crash and walked to the SUV, Los Angeles County Sheriff'...
Feb 27, 2021 4:50 PM CST
Woods Undergoes Further Procedures
Post says star golfer is in good spirits
- Tiger Woods has undergone more medical procedures since being moved to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles after his auto accident, CNN reports. "The procedures were successful, and he is now recovering and in good spirits," a post on Woods' Twitter account said. Cedars-Sinai is known for its...
Where Tiger Woods Was
Heading When He Crashed
Feb 26, 2021 12:28 AM CST
Where Tiger Woods Was Heading When He Crashed
And more of the latest
- Where was Tiger Woods going when he crashed on a California road Tuesday morning? The Rolling Hills Country Club, where sources tell the
Los Angeles Times
he was to meet with director Peter Berg and NFL stars Drew Brees and Justin Herbert for the second and final shoot of a...
Why a Golf Comeback for
Woods Is Nearly Impossible
Feb 24, 2021 1:16 PM CST
Why a Golf Comeback for Woods Is Nearly Impossible
Tim Dahlberg, who has covered the golfer since 1996, explains
- The good news in the wake of Tiger Woods' Tuesday car crash is fairly obvious: He survived, despite severe injuries that include multiple open fractures of his leg. "The bad news is that the career of the world's greatest golfer—at least on the game's biggest stages"...
Tiger Woods Is
Out of Surgery
Feb 24, 2021 7:04 AM CST
Tiger Woods Is Out of Surgery
Golfer suffered multiple fractures in right leg and ankle, is 'awake, responsive'
- Tiger Woods is out of surgery following Tuesday's serious car accident in which he sustained multiple leg injuries. The golf legend is "awake, responsive, and recovering in his hospital room," according to a statement posted to his Twitter account. It describes "a long surgical procedure on...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
It Took Police 40 Minutes to Move in as Classroom Full of Kids Was Massacred
Actor Ray Liotta Is Dead at 67
Slain Teacher's Husband Dies 2 Days After Her
Near 2nd Texas School, 'They Saw Something, Said Something'
Almost Everyone Has Now Pulled Out of NRA Concert
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.