Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Abducted Twins Are
Found 175 Miles Apart
Dec 23, 2022 6:28 AM CST
Abducted Twins Are Found 175 Miles Apart
Kyair and Kason Thomass found safe after Ohio kidnapping; suspect arrested
- An infant has been found alive in Indianapolis three days after he and his twin brother were abducted outside an Ohio pizzeria; a suspect has been arrested in their kidnapping. "A photo is worth a thousand words," the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department tweeted Thursday night, showing 5-month-old Kason...
Pregnancy at 48
Oct 5, 2022 11:16 AM CDT
Hilary Swank Reveals 'Miracle' Pregnancy at 48
Actor is expecting her first children—twins—with husband Philip Schneider
- At 48, Hilary Swank is happy to announce she'll become a first-time mom. "And not just of one but of two," the two-time Academy Award winner announced Wednesday on
Good Morning America
. "I can't believe it." Swank, who is married to 45-year-old social venture...
Boys 'Shouldn't Have
Been Able to Physically
Do What They Did'
Jul 6, 2022 11:55 AM CDT
Boys 'Shouldn't Have Been Able to Physically Do What They Did'
10-year-old twins credited with saving dad Brad Hassig from drowning using CPR they saw in films
- Ten-year-old twins Bridon and Christian Hassig had never tried CPR themselves, but they knew what it looked like, based on scenes from movies including
. That came in extremely handy on June 14, when their father—the only adult at their home in Mountain Brook, Ala.—...
Twins Were Born 15 Minutes
Apart in Different Years
Jan 3, 2022 6:08 PM CST
Twins Were Born 15 Minutes Apart in Different Years
'This was definitely one of the most memorable deliveries of my career'
- Baby girl Aylin Yolanda Trujillo has an older brother who was born the year before she was—which would be unremarkable if he wasn't her twin. Aylin was born at Natividad Medical Center in Salinas, California, in the first minute of Jan. 1, 2022, exactly 15 minutes after fraternal...
Buttigiegs' Halloween Post
Brings Both Smiles, Concern
Nov 1, 2021 8:54 AM CDT
Buttigiegs' Halloween Post Brings Both Smiles, Concern
2-month-old Joseph August, who was a traffic cone for Halloween, was in hospital for the holiday
- A Halloween surprise from the Buttigieg family drew both likes and expressions of support after an Instagram post by the transportation secretary's husband. "Happy Halloween from these #twinfrastructure safety advocates!" Chasten Buttigieg wrote , with one of his accompanying pictures showing Pete Buttigieg as he held one of...
She Didn't Think
She Could Get
in case you missed it
Apr 4, 2021 9:53 AM CDT
She Didn't Think She Could Get Pregnant While Pregnant. Wrong
UK woman gives birth to rare superfetation 'super twins,' conceived 3 weeks apart
- Rebecca Roberts' first shock when she went for an ultrasound at around 12 weeks during her pregnancy was finding out she was having twins. The second shock was more of a mystery: Doctors were baffled as to why one of the UK woman's fetuses was much bigger than the...
It Was a 'Miracle' Birth. The
Mother Knew Nothing of It
Nov 19, 2020 11:10 AM CST
It Was a 'Miracle' Birth. The Mother Knew Nothing of It
Perpetual Uke praises medical science for delivery of twins while in coma
- Perpetual Uke was 26 weeks pregnant when her twins were delivered by cesarean section at a hospital in Birmingham, England. She didn't meet them for a month. Diagnosed with COVID-19, the rheumatology consultant had been taken to the hospital, placed on a ventilator in the ICU, and then put...
She's 68, He's 77.
Meet Their New Twins
Apr 23, 2020 9:45 AM CDT
She's 68, He's 77. Meet Their New Twins
Nigeria's Margaret and Noah Adenuga have babies via IVF, nearly 50 years after they started trying
- A Nigerian woman has become a first-time mother at age 68. Margaret Adenuga—perhaps the oldest first-time mother in Africa, per the
—underwent three in vitro fertilization procedures before finding success with her fourth. She and husband Noah Adenuga, 77, then welcomed twins at the Lagos University Teaching...
A Mom's Anguished Cry: 'My
Twin Daughters Are Dead'
Apr 18, 2020 7:30 AM CDT
A Mom's Anguished Cry: 'My Twin Daughters Are Dead'
Joann Hoyt's ex-boyfriend accused of fatally shooting her 15-year-old girls in their Calif. home
- Teen twins gunned down this week are being mourned in their California community, and their mother's ex-boyfriend has been arrested and charged in their deaths. Caira and Leah Christopher—15-year-old sophomores at Helix Charter High School in La Mesa, described by a relative as "always smiling and always...
Mom Went from 1 Kid
to 5 Kids in 10 Months
Jan 10, 2020 10:37 AM CST
Mom Went from 1 Kid to 5 Kids in 10 Months
Alexzandria Wolliston has 2 sets of twins in 2019
- Doctors told a Florida woman she had a better chance of winning the lottery than of giving birth to two sets of twins in the same year. But Alexzandria Wolliston said she won the jackpot with the births of Mark and Malakhi in March and Kaylen and Kaleb in December,...
Indiana Twins Were Born
in Different Decades
Jan 5, 2020 11:00 AM CST
Indiana Twins Were Born in Different Decades
Indiana brother and sister arrived just before and just after midnight
- An Indiana woman knew which of her twins, a boy and a girl, would be born first. "She's been in position for most of the pregnancy," Dawn Gilliam said. But she didn't know that Joslyn would be born a decade ahead of her brother. She arrived...
Rate of Twin Births Declines
Oct 3, 2019 5:00 PM CDT
Rate of Twin Births Declines
Single deliveries are safer, so researchers welcome the drop
- After three decades of increases, the US birth rate for twins has dropped. The steady rise had been attributable largely to the use of in vitro fertilization. Now, the 4% drop from 2014 to 2018 could be attributable to new reproductive technology that makes single births more likely, a report...
Man Has Stroke Hours After
70-Something Wife Has Twins
Sep 6, 2019 9:11 AM CDT
Man Has Stroke Hours After 70-Something Wife Has Twins
'It is all in the hands of God,' new dad had said just after girls were born
- For years, Mangayamma Yaramati and her husband deeply longed to have children, but they were never able to conceive—and in their village in India's Andhra Pradesh state, that was a dark mark against them. "They would call me a childless lady," the septuagenarian tells the BBC...
They're Twins. With 77 Days
Between Their Birthdays
Aug 27, 2019 7:56 AM CDT
They're Twins. With 77 Days Between Their Birthdays
Their Kazakh mother just learned of her double uterus
- A mother in Kazakhstan is celebrating the birth of a son almost three months after his twin sister was delivered. The 77-day wait—10 days shy of the world record interval for twin births—isn't all that makes this one exceedingly rare, per Live Science . According to the country'...
A Year After Daughter's Death,
New Joy for Bode, Morgan Miller
Aug 12, 2019 10:40 AM CDT
A Year After Daughter's Death, New Joy for Bode, Morgan Miller
They're expecting identical twin boys after their little girl drowned
- "We carry Emmy with us every day. ... Keeping her a part of our family has really made this journey a little bit easier for our family," says Morgan Miller more than a year after the drowning death of her 19-month-old daughter with husband Bode Miller. And now that...
Wife Pleads for Mercy
for Husband After
Twins' Hot-Car Deaths
Jul 29, 2019 7:14 AM CDT
Wife Pleads for Mercy for Husband After Twins' Hot-Car Deaths
Marissa Rodriguez: Husband Juan Rodriguez is 'great father,' babies' deaths a 'horrific accident'
- The mother of the twin babies who died in a hot car in the Bronx on Friday says she's living her "absolute worst nightmare"—but she's sticking by her husband, calling the deaths of little Mariza and Phoenix a "horrific accident." "Though I...
He Went to Work for 8 Hours.
He Left His Babies in the Car
Jul 27, 2019 9:00 AM CDT
He Went to Work for 8 Hours. He Left His Babies in the Car
1-year-old Phoenix and Mariza died as temps soared; dad says he forgot they were in car
- A terrible story out of the Bronx, where twin babies have died after being left in a hot car. Juan Rodriguez, 39, has been charged with manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide after police say he left his infant son and daughter, said to be either 11 months or a year...
He Got Away
Because He's a Twin
Apr 9, 2019 12:04 PM CDT
He Got Away With Assault— Because He's a Twin
Belgian court couldn't tell brothers apart in footage
- There's clear evidence that one of two brothers punched a man in the nose outside a snack bar in Leuvan, Belgium—yet there will be no conviction. The reason: It was impossible for the court to tell the twins apart. One of the 28-year-old brothers actually confessed to throwing...
Women With Male Twins
May End Up Paying a Price
in case you missed it
Mar 23, 2019 6:29 AM CDT
Women With Male Twins May End Up Paying a Price
They generally fare worse at school and at work, and testosterone in womb may play a role
- Women with a twin brother don't do as well in school and earn less money than women with a twin sister, and a new study suggests testosterone is one reason. They're less likely to marry and have children, as well. Researchers see the natural exposure to their brother'...
Twins' First Steps Make
Mar 7, 2019 9:25 AM CST
Twins' First Steps Make International Headlines
Once-conjoined sisters Nima and Dawa return to Bhutan after separation surgery in Australia
- Two formerly conjoined twin girls arrived home in Bhutan Thursday after being separated in an operation in Australia, sparking joy when their family saw them walking independently. Twenty-month-old Nima and Dawa returned to Bhutan after a 22-hour flight from Melbourne with their mother, four months after their operation, per the...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
US Downs Chinese Balloon Off South Carolina Coast
Now There's a 2nd Balloon, per Pentagon
This Reporter Followed George Santos Around for 16 Hours
A Vital Mineral Deposit Could Bring Big Change to Nebraska Village
2 Arrested After Shooting That Left 6 Dead, Including Infant
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.