The Daily Telegraph jumps to point out that a quarter of its list of 100 living geniuses are British, and that that's one living genius per 2.5 million people—a higher proportion than for any other country. Americans still dominate the list, though, with a hefty 43 geniuses.
- Albert Hoffman, Swiss, chemist
- Tim Berners-Lee, British, computer scientist
- George Soros, American, investor and philanthropist
- Matt Groening, American, satirist and animator
- Nelson Mandela, South African, politician and diplomat
- Frederick Sanger, British, chemist
- Dario Fo, Italian, writer and dramatist
- Stephen Hawking, British, physicist
- Oscar Niemeyer, Brazilian, architect
- Philip Glass, American, composer
For the full list, follow the link below.