We’re all looking for more in life, but it's easy to get sidetracked—and crippled—by chronic stresses. In order to move forward, we need to identify the obstacles in front of us. Steve Roy at Dumb Little Man recommends 10 things we can change that will allow us "to live life on our own terms":
- Our life-draining jobs: "Get out before it's too late (easier said than done)."
- Family anxiety. When it comes to kids, worries of kidnappers and pedophiles keep us up at night, but it's the tantrums and bad behavior that really do us in. However, Roy has "yet to figure out how to have a peaceful household and therefore can offer no insight to this at all."
- Ordinariness: " What the world does not need is another average Joe living paycheck to paycheck." Do something amazing, inspiring, or interesting.
- Lack of passion: Plenty of people live their entire life without figuring out what "gets their heart pumping." If you do know what that is, "live it every day."
- Lack of release: The body and mind need a little TLC. Find a hobby, whether it’s tennis or learning a language.
- Not seeking self-improvement: "Can anyone honestly say they want an average life? Of course not." Luckily, there are about a million ways to make yourself a better person.
Click here for the rest of the list