PETA’s not into subtlety when it comes to demonstrations against animal cruelty. AOL News offers some highlights from the past year:
- A barely-dressed couple frolicked on an outdoor bed in Nashville to assert that vegans were better lovers.
- The group’s London branch called on a team of pregnant women to perch on all fours in cages. Message: Don’t eat farmed meat.
- A crowd of PETA members decorated with fake blood and soot lay on the ground in Pamplona, Spain, to decry the running of the bulls.
- PETA got out the fake blood again to drench protesters in Times Square. They were packaged like meat to say “when you eat meat, you are eating a corpse.”
- Also in Times Square, dwarves in chicken costumes marched in front of McDonald’s. Their battle cry: “Cluck you, McDonald’s!”
See the rest of the top 10 at AOL News