2nd Suspect Surrenders in Disabled Rapes Cops press on in 'most heinous' attacks By Mary Papenfuss, Newser User Posted Jan 10, 2011 4:03 AM CST 6 comments Comments Los Angeles County Sheriff's Special Victims Bureau detective, Ron Anderson speaks during a news conference releasing information on multiple sexual assault suspects last week. (AP Photo/Damian Dovarganes) (Newser) – A second man is in custody in an investigation into a disturbing string of sex assaults of severely disabled women revealed in more than 100 hours of videotaped attacks. The tapes were discovered by a tech hired to scrub a hard drive containing film of the assaults, according to cops. Investigators believe the attacks occurred in a Los Angeles care facility. The faces of four different men can be seen in the tapes, but detectives believe as many as 10 attackers may have been involved. The first suspect, 41-year-old Bernie Hicks, is already serving time in prison for sex assault, reports the AP. He married a disabled woman in Las Vegas, then returned her to a care facility where she was repeatedly assaulted, said police. "I've seen a lot of terrible imagery in my assignment, that involved children and all kinds of hideous things. This is among the most heinous I've ever seen," a sheriff's detective told CNN. "I saw these poor people lying there being victimized in the most terrible way."