A truly disturbing video has surfaced of a protest last month targeting a Muslim charity event in Orange County, Calif. The Feb. 13 protest was organized by several conservative activist groups and attended by two US Congressmen, Ed Royce and Gary Miller, according to Jezebel. The “terrorist” event they were protesting? A fundraiser for women’s shelters and the homeless. As families, many containing small children, filed into the fundraiser, protesters screamed insults at them. Here are some of the harshest, picked out by GOOD:
- "You beat your women and you rape your children!"
- "Why don't you go beat up your wife like you do every night? Maybe you ought to go have sex with a nine-year-old, and marry her!"
- "Muhammad was a child molester! Muhammad was a pervert! Muhammad was a fraud! Muhammad was a false prophet!"
- "What's going on over there right now—make no bones about it—that is pure, unadulterated evil."
- "I know quite a few Marines who would be very happy to help these terrorists to an early meeting in paradise."
The Orange County Register covered the event when it first occurred. Protesters told the paper that the group organizing the fundraiser, the Islamic Circle of North America, supported Hezbollah and Hamas—something the ICNA vigorously denied. Many in the crowd expressed concerns about two keynote speakers: Imam Siraj Wahhaj, who was named as one of 169 co-conspirators in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing but never charged; and Amir Abdel Malik Ali, who once said he supported Hezbollah.