Strauss-Kahn Case Spurs Women to Report Minister
French politician accused of assault
By Evann Gastaldo,  Newser Staff
Posted May 29, 2011 3:58 PM CDT
International Monetary Fund (IMF) Managing Director Dominique Strauss-Kahn speaks during a news conference, Thursday, April 10, 2008, in Washington.   (AP Photo/Haraz N. Ghanbari)

(Newser) – A French minister resigned today after two women, one of whom was spurred to action by the sexual assault charges against Dominique Strauss-Kahn, accused him of sexual assault, the AP reports. The two alleged victims, 34 and 36, claim former junior civil service minister George Tron, 53, attacked them between 2007 and 2010. Tron, who denies the charges and suggests the women are simply out for revenge after being fired, is skilled at foot reflexology, and the women claim their assaults started out as foot massages.

Meanwhile, the Weekly Standard took a closer look last week at the second woman who accused Strauss-Kahn of sexual assault. Alleged victim Tristane Banon, the goddaughter of Strauss-Kahn’s second wife and a close friend of his daughter, was 22 when she says the former IMF boss assaulted her in 2002. She says he tried to rape her while she interviewed him for a chapter that she later pulled from her collection of interviews with powerful men. Though Banon referred to the incident in her writing and even on a TV program, no one truly listened until now.
 

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
4%
4%
4%
11%
74%
2%