The formal task force investigating last year's disappearance of 7-year-old Kyron Horman will disband as of July 1. A lead sheriff's detective will continue to work full time on the case, with help from the FBI, the Oregon Justice Department, and county prosecutors. The investigation into the boy's June 4, 2010, disappearance will remain active until he's found, there's an arrest, or there are no further leads, says the sheriff. Investigators have been examining at least 60 persons of interest. Terri Moulton Horman, the boy's stepmother, remains the focus of investigators, according to The Oregonian.
"We're going to bring you home, buddy," an Oregon sheriff said nearly one year ago.To date, the case has cost more than $1.4 million, and has been the largest search operation in the state's history. (Click for more of last summer's strange developments in Kyron's case.)