America was shocked yesterday when the, ahem, storybook romance of Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris came to an abrupt end. What could the problem possibly have been, other than their 60-year age difference?
- The couple got into what E! calls a “rather explosive argument” over the phone, and Harris packed up and moved out of the Playboy Mansion afterward. A source says she’s staying with a friend.
- The New York Post has a more sinister story, reporting that Harris was looking for a $500,000 deal to tell all after ditching Hef—at the altar. “The wedding was to be filmed for a reality special, and her refusal to marry him would be a sensation,” says a source, but no one wanted to pay her asking price.
- The Post also adds that Harris has been secretly dating Dr. Phil McGraw’s son, Jordan, her songwriting partner. Songwriting, you say? What songwriting? Click to listen to Harris’ “Club Queen.”
- While Harris is comforted by her music career, Hef has his ex-girlfriends. PopEater reports on their Twitter responses: Kendra Wilkinson offered to bring over “jack n coke” and “a pipe,” while Bridget Marquardt stopped by to give Hef a hug.
- Perhaps the funniest development: Playboy’s July issue, on newsstands Friday, features Harris on the cover—as "Mrs. Crystal Hefner." Click here to see.
Click for even more on the break-up and why Hef might “die of a broken heart.”