Not exactly what you'd expect from the pre-Tina Brown Newsweek: A Photoshopped Princess Diana strolls on the cover with daughter-in-law Kate Middleton, as the magazine imagines what Di would be like today, at age 50. (Brown speculates that she'd still be "great-looking," with the help of some Botox, would have had at least two re-marriages, and would, of course, have 10 million Twitter followers.) Not surprisingly, reaction to the doctored cover has not been great. Some headlines:
- The Atlantic Wire: "How Creepy Is Princess Diana's Ghost on the Cover of Newsweek?"
- New York magazine's Daily Intel blog: "Newsweek, a Leading Weekly Journal of Fan Fiction, Checks In With Princess Diana at 50"
- Jezebel: "Undead Princess Diana Strolls With Kate Middleton On Ridiculous Newsweek Cover"
- The Frisky: "Is This Princess Diana and Kate Middleton Newsweek Cover Tasteless?"
- Mediaite: "Newsweek's Princess Diana Cover: Not Quite Right"
- E!: "Bad Taste Alert: Princess Diana & Kate Middleton Share Creepiest Magazine Cover Ever!"
- The Stir: "Newsweek Goes Tabloid With Crude Princess Diana Cover"
- People: "Princess Diana Digitally Altered to Look 50: Is it Disrespectful?"
Click for more reactions to the cover