Methadone Stashed in Medicine Bottle Kills Boy, 6
Dad gave dose to son, not realizing DayQuil had been replaced
By Mary Papenfuss,  Newser User
Posted Feb 3, 2012 12:40 AM CST
Updated Feb 3, 2012 1:00 AM CST
Dad was trying to be helpful.   (?anokarina)

(Newser) – A 6-year-old Bronx boy has died after ingesting methadone stashed by his mom in a medicine bottle. The boy's father gave him a dose of what he thought was DayQuil to help relieve cold systems. He had no idea his wife had stored her methadone in the bottle, police said. The boy collapsed and was rushed to a local hospital where he later died. Mom Raquel DeLeon has been charged with reckless endangerment, reports the New York Daily News.

 

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
2%
3%
0%
86%
0%
10%