George Costanza for president? After Mitt Romney referred to the Seinfeld character during Wednesday night's debate—telling the audience "as George Costanza would say, when they’re applauding stop"—Jason Alexander decided to weigh in. "Thrilled Gov. Romney enjoys my old character," he tweeted. "I enjoyed the character he used 2 b 2. If he’d embrace that again, he’d b a great candidate."
Alexander and his followers—who were quick to point out that Romney had misquoted the episode—then decided it was time for Costanza to launch a White House bid, the Hollywood Reporter notes. A sampling of would-be slogans, per Twitter:
- "Costanza 4 Prez: finally a politician who doesn’t yada yada yada."
- "Costanza 4 Prez: economy fixed as everyone has a 'Costanza wallet.'"
- "Costanza 4 Prez: Festivus pole on the White House lawn."
- "Costanza 4 Prez: finally a president who is master of his own domain."
- "Costanza 4 Prez: President's official vacation home moved to Del Boca Vista Phase III."
Click to read about some other, more tragic, Seinfeld news