Details related to the shocking death of Andrew Breitbart are beginning to trickle out, with father-in-law Orson Bean telling the AP that the conservative firebrand was walking near his Brentwood home shortly after midnight when he collapsed. Someone apparently saw him do so, and called paramedics. Breitbart had suffered heart problems a year earlier, but the cause of death remains unknown, pending an autopsy. He is survived by his wife, Susannah Bean Breitbart, and four children.
Meanwhile, the reflections are pouring in:
- Rick Perry: "RIP 'O Mighty Warrior!"
- Mitt Romney: "Ann and I are deeply saddened by the passing of @AndrewBreitbart: brilliant entrepreneur, fearless conservative, loving husband and father."
- Rick Santorum: "I'm crestfallen. What a powerful force. What a huge loss, in my opinion for our country, and certainly for the conservative movement. My prayers go out to his family."
- Michelle Malkin: "Oh, my God. It is true. Social media entrepreneur @andrewbreitbart has passed away. Prayers for his family. Devastating loss."
- Michele Bachmann: "Andrew Breitbart’s family is in my prayers at the news of his sudden passing. Today we lost a true conservative and a man of conviction."
- Donald Rumsfeld: "Andrew Breitbart never shied from controversy. He was one of conservatism's most forceful spokesmen and will be greatly missed."