Cheerleading may be predominantly made up of females now, but it started as a male sport, and the Huffington Post found 10 male college cheerleaders who went on to quite a bit of prominence in Hollywood and DC:
- Jimmy Stewart: He cheered at Princeton University as a junior and senior.
- Samuel L. Jackson: Cheered at Morehouse College.
- Ronald Reagan: Cheered at Illinois' Eureka College.
- George W. Bush: Cheered at Yale. (See the full slideshow to discover which other Bushes also cheered.)
- Steve Martin: Though he wasn't actually a college cheerleader, he reportedly tried out for his high school team with cheers like, "Die, you gravy-sucking pigs!"
Click for the complete slideshow
, including a politician who reportedly used to run out onto the field carrying a Confederate flag.