Following her successful treatment for breast cancer, more good news for E! personality Giuliana Rancic: She's expecting a baby with husband Bill. "We are so thrilled that our prayers have been answered," she tells E!. The couple struggled to conceive and is using a gestational surrogate, who is carrying their genetic child; the baby is due in late summer. Rancic joins these other celebrity parents who used surrogates:
- Sarah Jessica Parker: When the actress and hubby Matthew Broderick were expecting, SJP feared for her surrogate mom's safety, saying the paparazzi harassed her. She later gave birth—safely—to twins.
- Elton John: The singer and husband David Furnish are parents to the lengthily-named Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John, born via a surrogate after the gay couple was denied permission to adopt due to John's age.
- Neil Patrick Harris: The actor and partner David Burtka also reportedly used a surrogate to have their twins, Gideon Scott and Harper Grace.
- Nicole Kidman: The actress used a surrogate to have her second child with husband Keith Urban, daughter Faith Margaret.
- Robert De Niro: The actor and wife Grace Hightower used a surrogate to have their daughter Helen Grace, and some are grumbling that at 68, he's way too old.