Who says America is losing its touch? Well TheStreet did earlier this year, listing 10 iconic American brands now made overseas—like Levi's Jeans, Converse sneakers, and even American Girl dolls. But things aren't all bad, and it is Independence Day. So in the spirit of patriotism, TheStreet decided to list some iconic brands still made in the US of A. Like:
- Louisville Slugger: As the name implies, MLB's most popular bats still hail from Kentucky.
- Indian Motorcycles: This century-old company recently moved its factory—from North Carolina to Iowa.
- Slinky: Still ambling down out of Pennsylvania, as it has been since 1945.
- Gibson Guitars: The original Kalamazoo plant closed in 1984, but Les Paul is still all-American. The guitars are hand-crafted in Nashville.
- Kohler Fixtures: Did you know the name "Kohler" refers to Kohler, Wisconsin? Or that the company's products have been made there since 1912? Now you do.
- Weber Grills: While Weber's gas models are made overseas, its classic black-domed charcoal grills are still made in Palatine, Illinois.
For the full list, click here
, or to jump to where we've left off, click here