Missing the heart-pounding drama and heartwarming victories of the Olympics? Allow Paste to help you out with the 25 greatest sports movies of all time. The top five:
- Raging Bull: The Martin Scorsese film stars Robert De Niro as boxer Jake LaMotta, and the "compelling character study" is "often regarded as Scorsese's masterpiece."
- Hoosiers: It's not just a tribute to basketball in Indiana; it's also "a morality play, a history, an honest reckoning of the pros and cons of small-town life."
- Hoop Dreams: The documentary about young basketball players is an incredibly poignant exploration of the American Dream.
- Chariots of Fire: The 1924 Olympics serves as a backdrop in this "British classic," but it's not just about victory and defeat—"the Games are a lesson in religious tolerance and sheer determination."
- The Natural: Barry Levinson's film, starring Robert Redford, is quite simply "the greatest" baseball movie ever.
Click for the full list