Stephen Baldwin joined the ranks of celebrity Good Samaritans last weekend, when a girl collapsed near him in a New York City bar and started convulsing. Baldwin realized she was having an epileptic seizure, held her hand, and prayed until help arrived. The Week rounds up 13 other celebrities who have saved the day:
- Jennifer Lawrence: A woman collapsed near the Hunger Games star's apartment, and Lawrence ran to help her and called an ambulance.
- Brad Pitt: On the World War Z set, Pitt scooped up a hurt extra just before a crowd of actors ran through and may have trampled her.
- TI: The rapper heard that a man was threatening to jump off a building, so he drove there and recorded a video message the negotiator played for the man—who then decided not to jump.
- Johnny Depp: When a guy with a broken bottle tried to mug Depp and a friend, Depp told him to stop and the would-be crook replied, "I ain't stealing from Captain Jack."
- John Travolta: The actor flew his own plane to Haiti after the earthquake, delivering food and medical supplies.
Click for the complete list
, including an actress who stopped a suicide—via Twitter.