The big winner at last night's American Music Awards was ... a Canadian. Justin Bieber won artist of the year, which he also grabbed in 2010, as well as favorite pop/rock male artist and favorite pop/rock album. "I want to say this is for all the haters who thought I was just here for one or two years," said a triumphant Bieber as he accepted his first award. "I feel like I'm going to be here for a very long time." He also brought his mom onstage as he collected his last award, grinded with Nicki Minaj during a performance, and got his butt grabbed by presenter Jenny McCarthy. Other highlights, per the AP:
- Usher opened the show by performing a medley of his hits, and won favorite soul/R&B male artist.
- It wouldn't be an awards show if Taylor Swift didn't win something. This time around she walked away with a fifth straight win in the favorite country female artist category.
- Nicki Minaj won two awards (favorite rap/hip-hop artist and favorite rap/hip-hop album), wore three wigs, and changed into four different outfits.
- Korean rapper PSY teamed up with MC Hammer to perform a mashup of their hits, "Gangnam Style" and "Too Legit to Quit," as everyone in the audience horse-danced along.
- Favorite new artist went to Carly Rae Jepsen of "Call Me Maybe" fame.
- Ryan Seacrest offered a tribute to AMA creator Dick Clark as Stevie Wonder performed.
Click for the complete list of winners
or check out photos from the night