We assume you were home last night with a bottle of wine, eyes glued to the TV as Lindsay Lohan's Liz & Dick premiered on Lifetime. But just in case you weren't, Erin Carlson at the Hollywood Reporter runs down the 7 most "memorable" moments:
- LiLo as middle-aged Liz: "Resembling the old SNL Linda Richman 'Coffee Talk' sketch rather than The Real Thing, Lohan is the 8th-grade drama camp version of the iconic movie star."
- Liz attempts suicide: "Such a heavy moment should not be for laughs, but the scene is nothing short of ridiculous. ... Liz goes berserk, bellows 'I won't live without you!,' swallows pills, and guzzles a bottle of vodka, declaring with zero believability: 'This shouldn't take too long.'"
- Liz chooses Dick over Eddie Fisher: Lohan's flat delivery "is the acting equivalent of Britney Spears' sleepy, false-alarm comeback performance of 'Gimme More' at the 2007 Video Music Awards."
The bottom line? This is "a must-watch for lovers of guilty pleasure, trainwreck-y TV," Carlson writes. The Huffington Post rounds up 100 of the best Twitter reactions to the movie:
- Lizz Winstead: "Gilbert Godfried sound[s] more like Liz Taylor."
- Tara Dublin: "Jesus Christ on a pogo stick, the dead, dug-up Ernest Borgnine would look more like Liz Taylor."
- Jack Gray: "This is the kind of performance you get when someone is willing to work for a used VW Cabriolet full of Camel Lights."
- The Bowery Boys: "A plain white screen rolling the text of Elizabeth Taylor's Wikipedia entry would be more compelling."
- James Poniewozik: "All of you livetweeting Liz & Dick and swelling its ratings will have yourselves to thank for 'The Situation is ... JAMES DEAN."
- Ben Widdicombe: "I don't remember Elvira being in Spartacus?"
- Samantha Wilson: "Drinking game: Every time someone speaks, throw your glass of scotch at the screen, weep."