This somehow came to pass: John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John channel Grease's Danny and Sandy in a new video as they line dance and twang about Christmas together before ultimately driving off in a bright turquoise convertible. That description doesn't exactly sum up how awful the pair's newly-released video, "I Think You Might Like It," is. But these people and sites do a fine job of filling in that gap:
- Australia's News Network summarizes things thusly: "I think you might hate it."
- The video "follows the story of two aliens disguised in Men In Black-style human skin suits as they attempt to learn how to do people things like driving, line dancing, walking down the hallway, watching TV, and showing affection," writes Madeleine Davies on Jezebel.
- On Vulture, Eliot Glazer has a list of the top 10 things that creeped him out about the video. No. 1: "John Travolta's chin hair." No. 5: "John Travolta's chin hair, and its jet-black hue."
- The Stir's headline: "John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John’s New Music Video Is a 3-Minute Soul-Stealing Cringe-Fest." Lindsay Mannering goes on to write, "If you loved Grease, you'll hate this. In fact, everyone probably hates this."
- TMZ keeps things brief: "Ummmm ... so, this happened on the Internet today. Discuss."
- "With a budget that looks like an estimated $10, the flash-frozen pair smile extra big (and extra creepy)," declares the New York Post, which was quite put off by Travolta's "jet black Astroturf hair."
- Gawker's headline: "John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John Think You Might Like Their New Holiday Duet But They’re Quite Mistaken." Neetzan Zimmerman also notes that the song "could very well put an end to joy as we know it."