It's the end of the year: time to look back on the things we loved—and the things that severely, severely disappointed us. Zap2it runs down the 20 biggest pop culture letdowns of 2012:
- Tim Tebow: He was awesome with the Broncos, but since being traded to the Jets, he's been wasting away on the bench.
- Smash: It was supposed to be like Glee, but for grown-ups. Instead it's "a turgid, soapy mess that helped make 'hate-watching' a trend."
- Ryan Lochte: Instead of the next Michael Phelps, we got this fratty dude whose favorite phrase is "Jeah."
- iPhone 5: It's basically the same as the last iPhone, except with crappier maps and a whole new charging system that makes us buy more stuff.
- Britney Spears: When she started judging on The X Factor, the world was hoping she'd either be a trainwreck or have a completely awesome comeback. Instead, she went to neither extreme and just kept on being "a glazed-over, propped-up, micro-managed harried mom spouting the same canned criticism and praise week-to-week."
- No Doubt reunion: The album was four years in the making, so anticipation was high ... only for the release to end up "weirdly unlikable."
- Prometheus: What with all the hype and anticipation, the audience probably didn't expect to walk out of the Alien prequel thinking, "'Who thought this script was a good idea?'"
Click for the complete list